DCS: Sepecat Jaguar?

Milli

Hmm now there's a thought....

Not the first-born - my twin 7 year old boys are a handful enough thanks :)

Knowing Pete it's on his bigger list that I haven't seen yet lol

Awwww, its like he knows me....

Its an aircraft that I have looked into, Couple of issues with it, one being access to an airframe without agreement from the RAF.

Second is I am not sure if we would sell enough to warrant the dev cost to be brutally honest.

I wont rule it out but its not on our current plans

That said the EE Lightning wasnt either and that has just cropped up...

Pman

There are several Jags dotted around the uk, in museums and private hands that I'm sure would allow you to have access to. Bentwaters Cold War museum is trying to get theirs to ground running condition.

A quick internet search and I found a GR3A for sale in Ipswitch. A GR1 in West Sussex. Another GR1 at bournemouth aviation museum etc

All out of the RAF's secretive hands.

Regards,

Milli

There are several Jags dotted around the uk, in museums and private hands that I'm sure would allow you to have access to. Bentwaters Cold War museum is trying to get theirs to ground running condition.

A quick internet search and I found a GR3A for sale in Ipswitch. A GR1 in West Sussex. Another GR1 at bournemouth aviation museum etc

All out of the RAF's secretive hands.

Regards,

Milli

Most of those have alot if not all of the cockpit removed or inactive, Same for engines.

The question of commerical viability remains though, considering the cost of putting an aircraft into DCS

Pman

• 2 weeks later...
You really don't think the Jag would sell Pman? I don't know, I'd love to see it myself. Always thought the two seater looked much nice bug a Jag in any form would be great... We'll just need long runways.

I'd buy a Jag before a Hawker Sea Hawk or North American T-28 Fennec

:smilewink:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Not really we had Bucs at RNAS Lossie

I remember them. I can remember getting treated to an impromptu display over Wick Bay on the last day they were in service, the pilot really wrung all the moves out of the Bucc that day, it was fantastic :)

Wick was a diversionary field for Lossie and Kinloss, and over the years we go to see a lot of aircraft put through their paces.

Like the Phantom going vertical from 50ft with full burner and completely ruining our afternoon's recording session. :)

The RAF sent up a Jag to sit on the apron so that the locals could come and have a look see and a seat in the cockpit, this was after a particularly intensive session of touch-n-goes to try and help stop the grumblings of some of the folk from Wick.

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

The question of commerical viability remains though, considering the cost of putting an aircraft into DCS

Pman

Speaking for myself, I have very little interest in the uber modern fighters .. e.g Eurofighter, Grippen and those new Dassault things.

Not so the Jags, Bucc's, Tornado's, the Mirage F1 and 2000, F-16, 18, 14, Phantom, Thunderchief, A7, MiG21 etc, etc .. the whole shebang that flew in the Cold War from both sides I have an abiding interest for.

Same goes for WWII era.

Last but not least ... GA

"A true 'sandbox flight sim' requires hi-fidelity flyable non-combat utility/support aircraft."

Wishlist Terrains - Bigger maps

Wishlist Modules - A variety of utility aircraft to better reflect the support role. E.g. Flying the Hornet ... big yawn ... flying a Caribou on a beer run to Singapore? Count me in. Extracting a Recon Patrol from a hastily prepared landing strip at a random 6 figure grid reference? Now yer talking!

Not really we had Bucs at RNAS Lossie

The RAF flew them for a while too. A stop-gap, that turned out to be a very effective airframe. I believe they remained in service until the Tornado became operational.

I too would love to see a Jaguar implemented here, but then, I'm just greedy! Bear in mind that they were used far beyond UK shores. In service with the French air force, and of course they had a key role in the UK efforts in the first Gulf war. Would it help if I bought 3 of them from you?