anyone got a spare 800k or so?

Sadly the condition of most of those aircraft are more likely to end up in museums I would think.

Although they were all airworthy for the BoB film they have literially been sitting in a hangar for 40 years. I was aware of the collection and it was always a shame that the owner did nothing with them (for personal reasons I wont get in to)

If any of them are to be returned to the air would be a major undertaking to say the least.

That said If I have 5m in the bank I'd buy all 5 of them

Pete

Sadly the condition of most of those aircraft are more likely to end up in museums I would think.

Although they were all airworthy for the BoB film they have literially been sitting in a hangar for 40 years. I was aware of the collection and it was always a shame that the owner did nothing with them (for personal reasons I wont get in to)

If any of them are to be returned to the air would be a major undertaking to say the least.

That said If I have 5m in the bank I'd buy all 5 of them

Pete

Provided the powerplants are complete, not much work. And, given that there's support for the Merlin that's of much easier access than a DB, getting a Buchon airworthy wouldn't prove too difficult.

Personally, I think it looks stupid in Luftwaffe colors and, if I could own one, I'd return it to Spanish colors. Plus, I'd like how different it'd be in that sense. Parking it in fighter-town at Oshkosh next to all the USAAC and Navy/Marine birds and sticking out would be cool.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Think the same for most people if they had the money they would get them.

The website it's self is a great wishlist. But the Buchons, Spit and Mosi' would be on the list for me :P

Overall hopefully someone in the UK will get one or two off them.

• 1 month later...
I'm sure an eddy current on any one of those airframes would expose them as un airworthy after sitting in a barn dismantled for 40 years. Even modern aircraft break frequently from just sitting.

It's not beyond the skills of people like John Romain or the guys at Tfc to restore an aircraft like this in a couple of years.

Pman

I agree. It just isn't financially practical. Any structural component that is beyond spec would have to be fabricated from scratch as the tooling is long gone. I'm just glad that there are people who's passion for aviation is matched by their deep pockets. :)

Article in today's Sunday Express:

Battle of Britain movie fighters to fly again after 40 years in barn

A GROUP of historic fighter planes that starred in the 1969 film The Battle Of Britain has been sold for nearly £10million after languishing in a barn for more than 40 years.

They have been snapped up by a European dealer and after restoration could before long be flying over British skies at historic air shows.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/502635/Battle-of-Britain-fighters-fly-again-after-40-years-in-barn

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

• 2 months later...