Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will buy this. But why the buchon?

Why not the corsair or sea fury? They'd be much better fits for future theatre scenarios surely?

Maybe in the future. Personally I love the Hellcat, and the fighter collection have a beautiful one at Duxford. I've not seen her fly for a few years now and I keep hoping I see her on the participation list for upcoming airshows because I don't have many good photos of her. I think she may be being overhauled. They certainly have some beautiful aircraft there.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Why not the corsair or sea fury? They'd be much better fits for future theatre scenarios surely?

+1 for sea fury, but if the Hawk is any indication of quality I will buy all the VEAO warbirds on release

Edited by Rangi
my spelling incompetence

PC:

6600K @ 4.5 GHz, 12GB RAM, GTX 970, 32" 2K monitor.

I think the Buchon is a good choice for DCS. It was used by the Spanish in a COIN/ CAS role throughout the mid 1960's, it should make a very good low-intensity peacekeeping/ anti-infantry aircraft.

It would tide me over in that role until someone gets started on an A-1 Skyraider.

I think the Buchon is a good choice for DCS. It was used by the Spanish in a COIN/ CAS role throughout the mid 1960's, it should make a very good low-intensity peacekeeping/ anti-infantry aircraft.

It would tide me over in that role until someone gets started on an A-1 Skyraider.

And, it had a rather interesting second life as the german 109 in the Battle Of Britain movie of 1969.

And, it had a rather interesting second life as the german 109 in the Battle Of Britain movie of 1969.

I remember when the Battle of Britain film came out, going to the cinema with my parents to watch it and I got handed a folder pack with lots of info in it about the battle of Britain including copies of pilots debriefings and the squadron reports to HQ and a HUGE map showing where all the groups were and the airbases in England and France. Wish I still had it now

Sons of Dogs, Come Eat Flesh

Clan Cameron

We love the Buchon :)

As for other aircraft remember this is only the first line of aircraft we have planned ( I can hear Ells crying in the background!)

One of the things we had to be aware of with the first aircraft was "Where can these lead..."

Pman

I remember when the Battle of Britain film came out, going to the cinema with my parents to watch it and I got handed a folder pack with lots of info in it about the battle of Britain including copies of pilots debriefings and the squadron reports to HQ and a HUGE map showing where all the groups were and the airbases in England and France. Wish I still had it now

So do I!

• 2 weeks later...

My dad blew up the hanger at Duxford (legally lol) on BOB.

Please stop encouraging Pman, my bank balance can't take it!!!

Let him fund it himself if he wants it...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Let him fund it himself if he wants it...

I think its the proverbial VEAO "we" rather than a personal one, For that I just steal his money for Nando's....

I guess it won't be too long until we have an Awesome Mosquito to fly then...

Perhaps not...

• 2 weeks later...

Terrain Maps

Announcement: DCS Warbirds Collection

VEAO Simulations Ltd, London, 22nd April 2014.

VEAO Simulations are pleased to announce that we are in contract to develop the “DCS Warbirds Collection” for the DCS World flight simulator.......

......Future aircraft in the collection are being discussed, as well as terrain maps, and further details will be announced at an appropriate time.

Will the terrain maps use a more modern "Ortho-Photo" overlay on the mesh. The old E.D. terrain looks so bland. England is very green and "Park Like" in comparison.... These guys have a good method. I wonder if you can back date OSM data? http://www.simHeaven.com

-Woogey

Will the terrain maps use a more modern "Ortho-Photo" overlay on the mesh. The old E.D. terrain looks so bland. England is very green and "Park Like" in comparison.... These guys have a good method. I wonder if you can back date OSM data? http://www.simHeaven.com

-Woogey

In all honesty we don't know yet, our map(s) will be made in edge and until we have had the chance to explore exactly what is possible I just can't say.

I'd love to be able to do that as it does look awesome, but at the moment we have a general idea of the region's we want to do but we are refining that selection process right now

Pman

Duxford has a Hispano Buchon so I suppose access is a big factor. Otherwise I don't understand it either....

I'd prefer more WW2 era planes, that's when they saw most combat. DCS Tempest V would be nice, DCS Mosquito, DCS Beaufighter with a Malta map :)

In fantasy land I'd like to see DCS Westland Whirlwind with a decent sized Channel map. I think even blueprints are difficult for the Whirly though :(

Duxford has a Hispano Buchon so I suppose access is a big factor. Otherwise I don't understand it either....

I'd prefer more WW2 era planes, that's when they saw most combat. DCS Tempest V would be nice, DCS Mosquito, DCS Beaufighter with a Malta map :)

In fantasy land I'd like to see DCS Westland Whirlwind with a decent sized Channel map. I think even blueprints are difficult for the Whirly though :(

I answered a few points like this here : http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=125149

Regarding the Whirlwind, we have had a few requests for this aircraft, however the problem is that there are no airframes still in assistance and information is very vague at best. There is simply not enough information for us to do a DCS level aircraft.

As for the others, remember these are only our first line releases ;)

Pman

It has taken me a bit to catch up on these threads. This is awesome news guys! Bravo with the communications. Keep this up and establish an SOP for DCS WWII community relations. It may inspire others.

SIDE NOTE: Ells, how the heck are you going to divide your time between this and SC? We need to find a way to increase the number of hours in one day.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[Dogs of War] WWII COMBAT SERVER | P-51D - FW190-D9 - Me109-K4

Visit Our Website & Forum to Get More Info & Team Speak Access