Using mouse to operate turret

Adi

I'm having trouble assigning my mouse to the turret. It will only let me use the joystick. I read in the manual that it was possible, can anyone help? :(

CA.thumb.png.6c3b56d953b6f126873ee97722504a0e.png

Edited by Adi
Opted for a more desperate title, but didn't work out.

No, unfortunately not.

I've tried a few different vehicles and switched to different weapons on those turrets. Everything else is fine including the fire and zoom buttons which are also assigned to the mouse.

Right then, after digging around a few posts I've noticed that people had problems with the old 1.2.0.3205 patch being labeled, and downloaded, as the newer 1.2.0.63205 version. :doh:

A quick look in Mission Editor > Credits confirmed that I have the older 1.2.0.3205 version.

How about that? With all the other modules working fine apart from CA I would never have noticed.

I suggest everyone takes a look themselves as the patches look very similar at first glance, especially when it is labeled wrong in the first place.

Downloading now so lets hope this solves my mouse issue. :thumbup:

1. Navigate to your Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Input\mouse

2. Open default.lua

3. Delete comments symbol in:

{combos = {{key = "MOUSE_X"}, }, action = iCommandPlaneSelecterHorizontalAbs, name = "Rotate Turret"}

{combos = {{key = "MOUSE_Y"}, }, action = iCommandPlaneSelecterVerticalAbs, name = "Turret Elevation"},

It may be necessary to do same in C:\users<username>Saved Games\DCS files as well.
Edited by Boberro
  • Like 1

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Right then, after digging around a few posts I've noticed that people had problems with the old 1.2.0.3205 patch being labeled, and downloaded, as the newer 1.2.0.63205 version. :doh:

A quick look in Mission Editor > Credits confirmed that I have the older 1.2.0.3205 version.

The credits in the ME have an editorial error in them. You have the latest version.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Click on the Mouse column > Clear Category > assign Mouse to turret.

Mouse_X for Rotate

Mouse_Y for elevation

It's a little bug.

Edited by joey45
  • Like 1

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

Fixed!

The credits in the ME have an editorial error in them. You have the latest version.

Yup, just downloaded and installed the exact same version as I had before. This time though, everything is working as it is meant to - turrets are turning and I am smiling! :D

No idea what went wrong with the previous install, none of the controls have been altered.

Anyway, cheers for all your help chaps. Inbound! :thumbup:

I find mouse during missile guiding in Tunguska is much too sensitive. Any idea how to make it slower for any moment I wanna?

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I find mouse during missile guiding in Tunguska is much too sensitive. Any idea how to make it slower for any moment I wanna?

Only by using a mouse with adjustable dpi settings. There are several decent ones out there.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

I am using my joystick (Logitech G940) for turret control (and driving controls with the joystick buttons) it seems to have better sensitivity.

I tried using an xbox controller but the analog stick were not sensitive enough for accurately aiming.

Edited by jib

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

I'm having trouble assigning my mouse to the turret. It will only let me use the joystick. I read in the manual that it was possible, can anyone help? :(

Did you try unplugging your stick? I know that sucks and all but It happens to me on a lot of games.

Did you try unplugging your stick? I know that sucks and all but It happens to me on a lot of games.

No I didn't even think of that, the full re-install seemed to do the trick. Damn PC :crash:

• 2 weeks later...

I've been having issues with the mouse controlling turret movement as well. It has worked fine with A10C, Black Shark 2, and DCS' Su25T as far as moving it in the cockpit, or using it for externals (i.e. the camera) when they've been turned on. Only when I tried to use the mouse for controlling ground units in CA (i.e. via MOUSE_X and MOUSE_Y axis commands) have I had difficulties.

At first I thought it wasn't picking up the X,Y axis commands, but when I clicked on the "AXIS TUNE" button I started experimenting. For the X axis, after I moved the SATURATION X slider all the way down to 1, plus clicked User Curve and moved all of the sliders to 100 I get some X axis movement.

Similarly, for the Y axis, after I clicked User Curve and moved all of the sliders to 100 I get some Y axis movement as well.

It's not close to ideal, as it takes a lot of movement of my mouse (Logitech Trackman Wheel) to get rotational or elevational movement of the turret, and it's often "jerky" movement - which doesn't help when trying to quickly aim a TOW or the Abrams' main gun (esp on a zoomed view) on a target before they fire on you!

I've re-installed CA, installed the latest mouse drivers from Logitech, but neither has helped. It seems like mouse axis input is buggy with CA, IMO, and hopefully it can be addressed in a future patch.

I am having the same trouble :doh: I have tried every fix in this thread and still cannot get the mouse to control the turret:(

I am reinstalling DCS World right now.

All my troubles started when I installed the BS2 module. It ruined CA:cry:

I may have to delete the whole thing and just start over.

I tried the reinstall and it does not show the box for ground commander on start of the SP CA mission so i deleted all of it and will reinstall just world and activate CA.

Yep, Just like I figured. I uninstalled all of world. Reinstalled World, then CA then P51. The mouse works perfect! everything is great as long as I do not install the KA50. I get it next patch!

Edited by tusler

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

Has anyone in contact with the developers acknowledged this thread? I.e. that there is a mouse input problem with respect to assigning X and Y axis to the turret rotation/elevation and CA not recognizing the input properly?

Thanks.

I never found a fix, or a reason for why it happened. I ended up doing a full re-install of DCS:World and its modules.

Not too sure if the installation order would make any difference but I installed World/CA/BS/P51/10C, making sure I tried the turret after each module was installed.

It all works as it should now and I did not have to change any of the Axis in the options.

I know it may not be the ideal solution but a small program called Joy to Key,

http://www.electracode.com/4/joy2key/JoyToKey%20English%20Version.htm

This has helped me before to use my pov hat switch to move my cursor and is really easy to set up and control the speed of movement,and if you need your pov hat for other things you can assign it to any key strokes or buttons you like,

And the best part is that it is free,

Mick. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Keep the faith

AMD PHENOM II X 4 955be @3.2 GHZ | ASUS M4A88TD-V EVO mb | Corsair XMS3-8GB Dual Channel DDR3 Memory | Nvidea GTX 580 GDDR5 GPU | CNPS9900 NT cooler | Corsair HX850W psu | Seagate Barracuda 500GB HD 300 MBps - 7200 rpm | WIN 7 64bit | 32" HD LCD TV | 5.1 surround sound | wireless keyboard and mouse | Saitek x45 hotas.

• 10 months later...

I think the problem with the mouse is still there.

I got it last weekend while playing combined arms.

Ground Units uses only the stick (imho not a good choice).

So i edited the default.lua for the mouse in Mods\tech\CombinedArms\Input\mouse and delete the lua in the savegame folder (to force a creation).

The result was double entries for rotate turet and elevation. Two lines for the stick and two lines for the mouse. That cant be good. So, if i start the ca, jump to a tank/plane, i can use the mouse. But after testusing the stick, the mouse is gone. This is bad.

Next bad thing, sometimes mouse is inverted, somtimes not when starting a mission. I dont know why. Must be a software bug.

If i play CA, i would use the mouse for the map and vehicles and maybe the stick for the planes (never tried). Both (stick and mouse) have to work parallel.

Is there a way to fix this?