32 player multiplayer

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/series/combined_arms/

See the new web page. Near the bottom it states;

Both cooperative and head-to-head missions can be played with at least 32 players occupying various ground command and aircraft command roles.
To good to be true? Looking forward to putting this claim to the test.

Hopefully we will all be happily surprised.

~S~

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm ready to test this theory out, I'm on my 3 day weekend starting today.

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

will there be control of AI air units? Cant remember with all the info flying around. Setting waypoints on the fly for air assets?

Game Master has control of all units so I would say yes.

I like this idea also "In addition to the ground command roles, players can also direct ground forces from the cockpit of their DCS aircraft."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMP WIZARD "Forest Gumble" "When the air becomes electric....It's like a box of chocolates":captain:

Windows 11 Pro 64 bit | Intel Alder Lake i7 12700KF | Asus Prime Z690M Plus D4 | CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 64GB (2 x 32GB) DDR4 3200 | EVGA GTX 1070 SC @1594MHz/4000 MHz 8GB | 1x42" Multi Touch Screen and 1x27" 4k widescreen | Saitek x52 Pro |

A mission where different tasks trigger is in order similar to Grimes' On Station. But the difference is the tasks will be for the ground commander to achieve and they will need air support.

Tasks like:

move a convoy down a MSR safely

Move to support an OP that is under fire

Assault a town

etc

etc

If we could get Arma 2: Patrol Ops into DCS that would be awesome.

Lyndiman

AMD Ryzen 3600 / RTX 2070 Super / 32G Ram / Win10 / TrackIR 5 Pro / Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

I wonder if it will be possible for multiple players to cooperate within the same vehicle, e.g. one player drives the vehicle, the other one operates the weapons.

Forget it :)

Before that we see a two-seater aircraft for multiplayer (hopefully....some day)

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

will there be control of AI air units?

Game Master has control of all units so I would say yes.

Nope, not in this release. Possibly in the future.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

will there be control of AI air units?

Even if as has been pointed out, you can't directly control aircraft at this stage in CA's evolution, if the mission creator has been obliging, this could be done in a roundabout way by moving units set up away from the battle area as 'switches' (set up a unit called "Batumi SEAD' and trigger zone called "Batumi SEAD zone' way up in the Crimean penninsular then use the unit as a switch by moving it into the zone to set a trigger)

& then there all those who are clever with scripting that will probably be able to do something elegant to increase the ability to control units of all types...

Cheers.

Or simply use radio F10...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• CPU i7 4970k @ 4.7 GHz
  • RAM 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1600
  • ATX ASUS Z97-PRO
  • DSU Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD for Win10, Plextor M6e 128GB SSD for DCS exclusively, RAID-1 HDDs
  • GFX Aorus GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Xtreme Edition, ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q, 27" with G-Sync, Oculus Rift CV1

• HID TM HOTAS Warthog + 10 cm extension, MFG Crosswind pedals, TrackIR 5, Obutto oZone

My TM Warthog Profile + Chart, F-15C EM Diagram Generator

Which will hopefully work in MP...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only hard limit on player count is at 100 when you are creating a server. But you gotta remember that the computer, network, and size of mission (in terms of AI) are the real limiting factors for player counts.

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum