How to stop this CHEAT - HACKED DEDI SERVER

Falcon_S

Let`s talk about this serious scurity problem! This is important for all dedi servers and whole comunity

Guys, every day on =4c= server we have problem with some maniac. He join in game like as AI and he employ several tens of AI`s Su27 armed with AIM120 and that AI`s teamkilling us in hangars, parking, air... That su27`s when make Tkill on the chat is "...with MiG29k" - this is the chaos on the server. All that ghosts lagging at whole map and every time when he start their crazy fun server FPS is drop to 0 + server crash (client game freeze/crash). He definitely join in server to CRASH IT.

Anyone know how that cheater do this?

How we can stop it?

What files to include in IC?...

Half of Maykop burned with one explosion:

MGalleryItem.php?id=215

One of the many:

MGalleryItem.php?id=216

????????????????

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INdeed.

I know there have been some other RUS servers which have been effected by this exploit as well as -4c-. I think it's in the best interest if everyone finds out how to prepare against it.

I suppose it's worth mentioning at this point, that any suspect calling out, or finger pointing won't help the discussion and will end the thread quickly. A technical solution would be better discussed.

Edited by RIPTIDE
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know there have been some other RUS servers which have been effected by this exploit as well as -4c-. I think it's in the best interest if everyone finds out how to prepare against it.

Actually, I'm surprised there are not many more. Usually such an exploit spreads itself very quickly. Could it be maybe mod-hack (weapon, flyable plane, etc)? Or does it happen on clean LO with standard integrity-check too?

Actually, I'm surprised there are not many more. Usually such an exploit spreads itself very quickly. Could it be maybe mod-hack (weapon, flyable plane, etc)? Or does it happen on clean LO with standard integrity-check too?

I don't know. It hasn't happened to the 104th Dedi that I'm aware of, so I don't have hard evidence to know wtf is happening. I would hope that at some point, SandmaN/Hajduk from -4c- or some of the other guys can add here.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

INdeed.

I suppose it's worth mentioning at this point, that any suspect calling out, or finger pointing won't help the discussion and will end the thread quickly. A technical solution would be better discussed.

=Alpha=Akado Gunz, =RF=Server were atacked too, maybe some others.

At =Alpha=Akado Gunz we have default FC2 without any mods and with serious integrity check.

Alpha team

Could it be maybe mod-hack (weapon, flyable plane, etc)? Or does it happen on clean LO with standard integrity-check too?

I`m prity sure in this - problem with exploit some of mods, because we see kills with MiG29k or like as someone told me about explosion (pic on first post) is some cheat with Mig21 weapon.

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

...with serious integrity check.

Maybe is time to finaly all servers have common IC included files.

How is this possible to begin with? How can that person bring so many airplanes in the air?

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

I've seen the same on Shika 13, Aviasibir and 4C as well.

Its so sad situation. :helpsmilie:

Talking with lots of geme player and collect lots of oppinions, looks like we need to separate 2 issue:

1: Su 27 and AIM 120

2: self coping, when no one joing game, but plains is appiars in the air. (the same for blue and for red side)

First idea is to add to integrety checks Script folder.

BUT: it will lead to posibly the same issue on A 10C and KA 50-2 and later for FC 3, as editor allow you to write down your oun script... :helpsmilie:

Its good, that fare playr, which is most of us here, can do lots of positive things, and bad, that some other may spoil the game play with in few seconds....

Небо - это точка опоры...

=WRAG=OSA

http://wings-of-russia.ru

I reported this issue looooooooong time ago. I hope in FC 3 there won't be such things.

I saw Su-33 as Su-27, Noname player ect.

Edited by Boberro

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

I have one question and sorry if i am suspicious...How the last picture with the map and the many airplanes is being posted???i think that the server has disabled the map view of the game (F-10).if this picture is actually from the server while other players are flying is a serious cheat...

and sorry again if i am suspicious...

Lock-On Greece / DCS World Greece http://lockon-greece.forumotion.net/

🇬🇷 1st Hellinic Virtual Squadron for Flaming Cliffs & DCS World
~ Flying since 2008 ~

If this picture is actually from the server while other players are flying is a serious cheat...and sorry again if i am suspicious...

Probably a track replay I guess.... but still how is this hacker spawning so many Su-27's and why especially this aircraft? Unbelievable!

Do you have logs with IP? Have you tried range ban or sending complain to his ISP? If you have IP we will know who it is. I suspect its the same guy who was trying to cheat for years :)

And of course +1 for master server login :smilewink:

PVAF

"A fighter without a gun... is like an airplane without a wing" dedicated to F-4 Phantom

The server admins can't do anything about this guy because they can't see him in the server, he is invisible to them. He seems like he only does this to servers that actually have people in them.

i7-4820k @ 3.7, Windows 7 64-bit, 16GB 1866mhz EVGA GTX 970 2GB, 256GB SSD, 500GB WD, TM Warthog, TM Cougar MFD's, Saitek Combat Pedals, TrackIR 5, G15 keyboard, 55" 4K LED

Well, if he is on server, he must have joined (even not directly to the game) and in the logs should be address.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Su 27 with AIM 120 - this is open rearm in the mission, when cheaters can do replacement as mach as they can...

Self copiing, as on the F10 view = looks like player connct to server,when he is in the air, than he press "L" (like you press "K" for Pugachev cobra) and he make clone... again and again...

Небо - это точка опоры...

=WRAG=OSA

http://wings-of-russia.ru

Talking with lots of geme player and collect lots of oppinions, looks like we need to separate 2 issue:

1: Su 27 and AIM 120

2: self coping, when no one joing game, but plains is appiars in the air. (the same for blue and for red side)

First idea is to add to integrety checks Script folder.

1. On server is allowed R-77 on Su27 and Su33. Every player after he is identified with illegal payload is punished manualy. He pass IC because server not check the necessary file because R-77 mod is allowed.

2. If mission designer (mission/map) determines the number of aircraft and their skills hacker definitely edit the mission in some way in the fly. In FC 1.12 we had option to lock the mission and no way to edit it.

How? I don`t know.

EDIT:

Self copiing, as on the F10 view = looks like player connct to server,when he is in the air, than he press "L" (like you press "K" for Pugachev cobra) and he make clone... again and again...

Thats it?

Edited by Falcon_S

At =4c= server now can join only registered players. =4c=Sandman, 104th_Presing and me are make player list alowed to join with known callsigns. We test it.. If someone cant join he must ask registration at 4c forum. But this is not good solution because hacker can ask registration too, we don know who is it. And he can use any known nickname of known pilots - that can be really bad problem. I`m noted =4c=Sandman for this possible discomfort for the player with a good reputation.