Only a few multiplayer servers showing up.

spiff311

Hi, I'm hoping you guys can help me. I recently updated from 1.5 to 2.5 and I am only able to see a few servers. I've tried filtering everything different ways and I get the same results. I have spent hours trying different solutions, and still nothing. Guys, I have even reinstalled windows. I'm so frustrated right now. I reset my modem and router. I should say also that MP works on other games, so I know it is only DCS. I also did a complete reinstall of 2.5 and it didn't work. I thought maybe it was just 2.5 so I installed 1.5 and it is doing the same exact thing. It is taking forever to load if I try to join one, and IF I connect I get <1 FPS.

Sorry this is so jumbled I am trying to remember everything I have done. One more thing, in SP I am getting a solid 60 on max.

AMD FX 8320 3.5

GeForce GTX 970 SSC

16 GB RAM

Thanks for any help! :helpsmilie:

Hi, I'm hoping you guys can help me. I recently updated from 1.5 to 2.5 and I am only able to see a few servers. I've tried filtering everything different ways and I get the same results. I have spent hours trying different solutions, and still nothing. Guys, I have even reinstalled windows. I'm so frustrated right now. I reset my modem and router. I should say also that MP works on other games, so I know it is only DCS. I also did a complete reinstall of 2.5 and it didn't work. I thought maybe it was just 2.5 so I installed 1.5 and it is doing the same exact thing. It is taking forever to load if I try to join one, and IF I connect I get <1 FPS.

Sorry this is so jumbled I am trying to remember everything I have done. One more thing, in SP I am getting a solid 60 on max.

AMD FX 8320 3.5

GeForce GTX 970 SSC

16 GB RAM

Thanks for any help! :helpsmilie:

Most servers are running the open beta (2.5.2.X) which is probably why you can't see many - you can use this guide to switch your install to the Open Beta: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

As for the loading - DCS has very long load times, ESPECIALLY the first time you load into a server. DCS also does a lot of loading at the slot screen (which is causing the 1FPS) - and if you try to join a slot while it's still loading, you're likely to crash. So, best thing to do is to click 'Join' and then go do something else for 10 minutes, once your frames return to normal (i.e. 60fps or so), you can then pick a slot and click briefing/fly.

Most servers are running the open beta (2.5.2.X) which is probably why you can't see many - you can use this guide to switch your install to the Open Beta: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

As for the loading - DCS has very long load times, ESPECIALLY the first time you load into a server. DCS also does a lot of loading at the slot screen (which is causing the 1FPS) - and if you try to join a slot while it's still loading, you're likely to crash. So, best thing to do is to click 'Join' and then go do something else for 10 minutes, once your frames return to normal (i.e. 60fps or so), you can then pick a slot and click briefing/fly.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! Finally, a real solution that worked! That ended a week-long battle. I ended up having the wrong updater for some reason, even though I downloaded "the most current version" from the DCS website. It updated to the current open beta and I'm good to go! :pilotfly::joystick:

Again thank you for taking the time to respond!

-GDOG :thumbup: