[UNABLE TO REPRODUCE]JTAC Abort - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 10:16 AM   #11
Fisherman82

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonesvf103 View Post
They didn't. After that nine line I say ready to copy remarks, they tell me what weapon they want, and to call IP inbound. I call IP inbound, he says continue.I say laser on he responds laser on, lasing
I say spot
I say in
then he tells me abort

v6
boNes
I dont think you can run in from any direction even if he says no sprecific heading.
If he gives you his position in the form of "northwest 100m troops in contact" you know where he is in relation to the target or if you tell him to Rope if he is marking with IR.

Dont run in from directly behind the JTAC and not from any direction that points to him.
Basicly, if he is south of the target, do not run in from the south or between east and west. Only between south and east/west. Or actually be in that position when you report IN.
Had the same problem but it seems to work for me now when I pay more attention to that.
Fisherman82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 11:34 AM   #12
Coranthia

Quote:
ACtually I just did the mission again and they didn't give me an approach direction. All they said was

1,2,3 n/a
4 elevation 1000 ft msl
target atillery
coordinates KNB20055
Makrked by aser 1688
friendlies south 500 meters, troops in contact
egress east.

That's all.

Why do they tell me to abort then?

v6,
boNes
As per your post, JTAC did give you approach heading. "Egress East". You leave via an eastern heading, so your approach to the target is towards the east, coming from the west.

This is done by JTAC's to ensure your ordnance has a clear vector to target to avoid terrain or ground clutter, and prevent blue on blue from ordnance falling short or long. You would never, especially in danger close, fly over the target AND friendly unit's when dropping anything.

You'll be given the abort command if you report IP inbound from a direction not given by the JTAC

Last edited by Coranthia; 12-09-2019 at 11:36 AM.
Coranthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:34 PM   #13
bonesvf103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman82 View Post
Basicly, if he is south of the target, do not run in from the south or between east and west. Only between south and east/west..

I don't understand this. If he is south, don't run in from south or between east and west...but then you say only between south and east and west?

v6,
boNes
Old 12-09-2019, 02:35 PM   #14
bonesvf103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coranthia View Post
As per your post, JTAC did give you approach heading. "Egress East". You leave via an eastern heading, so your approach to the target is towards the east, coming from the west.

Hm, ok, I thought that that was where they wanted you to exit regardless of where you came in from.

Also, is this something that was just updated? Because I had flown this mission before (it is stock) a few times and they've never told me to abort like that before.

Thanks all!

v6,
boNes
Old 12-09-2019, 02:44 PM   #15
Coranthia

Quote:
Hm, ok, I thought that that was where they wanted you to exit regardless of where you came in from.

Also, is this something that was just updated? Because I had flown this mission before (it is stock) a few times and they've never told me to abort like that before.

Thanks all!

v6,
boNes
No egress is basically telling you what your approach heading is.

It isn't mission specific or setup by a mission creator. The JTAC AI (like real-world JTAC's) automatically computes the safest approach to avoid blue on blue, that also ensures your ordnance has a clear run to the target and doesn't hit a hill, tree or house
Coranthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #16
Fisherman82

Sloppy by me, I mean dont come from the 180 degrees between west-north-east because then you would be pointing your nose and weapons directly or somewhat to the JTAC if he is south of the target.
I did not notice that you wrote that he said egress east, perhaps if you come from exactly the west it would be ok but at some value of degrees towards north I think he will abort you because you start to point against him.

And dont come from the south so you go directly above him. I dont know how wide cone you have to stay away from in the south but I would expect it would be ok to come in from the southwest and southeast.

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk
Old 12-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #17
bonesvf103

Thanks Fisherman et al...

I tried it last night. When I approached from the west but heading a little toward the southeast, he did clear me in. I dropped and the bomb hit. I was cleared for re-attack. Came back, this time I was pointed at them so he called abort, so I came around and went back. I called in and he said cleared hot. So I drop. The bomb missed. I tried again in the same way. It missed again.

So my next question is, is when they tell you to abort, but when you come back and they clear you hot, are they still lasing? I never see a laser on call available when that happens so I'm assuming so, but the bombs never seem to hit.

v6,
boNes
Old 12-10-2019, 01:59 PM   #18
Fisherman82

No I dont think so, after a clear to reattack or abort I always ask for Laser on. Or sparkle of he is using IR.

I have studied the manuals for VAICOM 2.0 and VAICOM PRO to understand the JTAC-flow and from that I have come to the conclusion that after a abort or cleared to reattack you end up back right after you have called IP inbound so I go though the same process with laser on, spot, in like in the first attack run.

Old 12-10-2019, 05:02 PM   #19
Fisherman82

By the way, since I use Vaicom Pro I can issue the laser on sparkle on command regardless of what is available on the menu, i have the menus off so I dont look at them. Perhaps thats why it work for me

Old 12-10-2019, 10:36 PM   #20
rob10

Quote:
So my next question is, is when they tell you to abort, but when you come back and they clear you hot, are they still lasing? I never see a laser on call available when that happens so I'm assuming so, but the bombs never seem to hit.

See my post above regarding this. They'll keep lasing for 5 minutes from when you 1st call "Laser on". As long as your bomb has hit by then you're good. If not (i.e. it's still in the air falling at the target), it will miss. And while 5 minutes seems like lots of time, it's not if you get into an abort situation and have to make a 2nd run in. If you're not using whatever Fisherman82 is, you may have a problem getting them to start lasing again.
rob10 is offline   Reply With Quote