Flight model updates?

Ala12Rv-watermanpc

No the point of the override is there in case you're hurtling towards the ground and need that extra 33% G to survive, its not meant for dogfights as both Lex and Mover have stated multiple times in similar discussions, it could very well end up doing bad things in the real jet.

Well I stated threat and the Ground is still a threat to any aircraft :) Also the over G-ing of aircraft is massive, but as I said you got to be pulling silly G's. To the point the pilot is out cold.

However I did learn something looking into this topic, that the maximum G's for the F/a-18 Hornet is 7.5g which surprised me. Suppose there for to be a draw back from all that alpha of the Hornets design.

We all do still need to remember this is a Simulator so it going to be as close to the real world as possible inside of coded "game".

Thanks for the quote made for an interesting read!

Discussing G limits in the Hornet is a bit of a red herring when it comes to dogfights. Other than perhaps the merge, you'll quickly find yourself well below corner speed, unable to pull high G anyway.

As for receiving damage from high G, hopefully this video should provide some context for how much punishment planes are designed to take.

the lever was there for the threat, in BFM, enemy is the threat. don`t see any problem o people using it. if they use that often, end result will be a G-loc for them.

and if a 10G pull breaks up the aircraft, probably that aircraft will not be put into combat pilots hand.

ever heared D-hose`s 12G gun break in F14 ? :smilewink:

only damage on that fight was the rio`s neck.

Contact, did you even bother to read Etirions quote?! if so, it seems you didn‘t grasp the point..

Regards,

Snappy

f18c is a 10g plane, 7.5 is a political choice, like it was for F14 to soft limit to 6.5g.

after 40 years of abuse F14 started to break for hard carrier deck slams, not for G abuse.

canadian, swiss and australian are 10g planes, and are not different than USN ones.

so, with good peace of F16 fanbois that hope to win every dogfight just pulling more G, and pretend every other plane nerfed so only they can abuse it, lets face the reality once for all and just accept that a clean F15, F14 F16 and F18 can all pull 10g and not snap wings or damage systems ecc.

that said, its obvious that Mover say that pilots are not trained to pull more if not in Emergency, probably they not encourage F16 or F15 pilots to do that too, because 10G are a long term stress for every airframe, be it F18, F16 or anything else, but the navy are way more conservative with theyr planes due to carrier (hard) landings, a problem that air force has not to worry about on the long term.

and should be also considered that navy rejected a naval version of F15 and F16 because , (togheter with other reasons), navy planes have to be designed from start to be more strong than air force planes, and strenght the Whole plane was more complex than design a new one.

so i suppose navy planes are actually way more strong and can take more G punishment (and probably all kind of punishment) than air force ones.

Swiss F18 have a strengthened structure and a shorter live time (6000h) compared to us jets. That is the prize.

Over g-ing the aircraft means in rw immediately abort mission and rtb. Aircraft is out of flight line for quite a while. Your fellow pilots, leaders, mission planers, mechanics wouldnˋt appreciate your wild ride at all nor would the tax payer. It can happen, happend to me too, but you have to have a very good excuse for that... Just donˋt do it!

But ingame, no body cares, cause it costs you nothing. I see non fbw aircraft pulling 10.8 g on pvp-servers all the time, some of them over-g-ing their structural limit by 4g+. Top gun.

Contact, did you even bother to read Etirions quote?! if so, it seems you didn‘t grasp the point..

Regards,

Snappy

game has nothing to do with real world. yes i did.once i saw someone talking about real world, i shut the page down.

a game is a game.Period.

that`s the point i grasp.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

I'm not talking about evading missiles or gun shots but using the lever repeatedly to outturn the enemy.

And no I didn't hear about that F14 story and it doesn't sound legit. 12g breaks a lot of systems in the Tomcat. Try it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

the pilot in real world have tried already. like i said, only thing damage in that fight was the RIO`s neck. Try to search the story of Joe “Hoser” Satrapa, he was the F14 driver for TOPGUN, had famous 12.2G gun break on the cat.

again, real world is real world. has nothing to do with game.

if we are talking about the game, take a look from this perspective.

typical BFM fight is about 3 to 5 mins. you or your enemy is not pulling the lever all the time. yes, the accumulated fatigue may affect the aircraft in long run, but what do we do in the game after we score the kill in BFM ?

we eject for next round.

I agree with previous post reguarding the pilot G tolerance and various radar problem, that should be looking after for somewhat "realism"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper