FSSB R3 Lighting

Uncle

Hi DCS Wizards

Ive been reading lots of threads about the FSSB R3 Lighting and it seems to be the best option to simulate the upcomming F-16

I do have a few questions though, which I hope you can help me with:

1: I own the TM Warthog stick, can I use that for the FSSB R3 Lighting without having to do

- do I just mount the TM warthog on the FSSB R3 Lighting base, like
?

2: Can any of you recommend or tell me about your experience with the Monstertech table mount and the FSSB mounted on it?

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount/

3: how much pitch would you recommend if I go with the Montertech mount ?

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-hotas-table-mount/

1: Yes! It's plug'n'play, you can i stall the TM Base PCB in it also, but you don't need it.

2: I don't have the desk mount part, I use it mounted to the floor, atleast that is rock solid!

3: Do you mean forward pitch or rotational?

It depends on where you want it, Realsim sell a stickadapter with the correct F16 pitch, not cheap though.

http://realsimulator.com/html/f-16-c_angle_adapter.html

Rotational can be adjusted however you want :)

Edited by Lobinjaevel
Added link

1. Yes you can use any grip with the FSSB R3L that is compatible with Thrustmaster connection (including grips from Virpil and Realsimulator’s own grips).

2. I don’t have Monstertech table mount but have the floor mount version of it and the quality is superb.

3. Not sure how to answer this one, personal prefs. Realsim also sells an angle adapter for Warthog grip if you want to do that. Their F-16 grip is even better with the correct angle and tons of buttons as well as Bluetooth capability.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

1. Yes. I believe you would have to assign each button individually in DCS. If you mount the Warthog PCB (Which is very simple to do by the way) then it acts just like a Warthog stick and all buttons will be assigned automatically.

2. I've had it mounted to a Monstertech table mount and as long as the mount is clamped securely to your desk it is rock solid. The FSSB R3 needs to be mounted securely.

3. Don't know about this one.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I'm not sure if I am answering the question but as alternative to RealSimulator adaptor mount, you could instead get one of the angled necks for the Hog/F-18 sticks from Debolestos.

That's the way I'd go as the necks on the Hog are weak and sometimes snap, also Debolestos offers the neck at various different angles

Just a thought

Hey

Thanks for the replies.

Regarding the angel, I was wondering if it would affect the center position of the FSSB base if its the the actual base that you angel with the monstertech pitch.

https://www.monstertech.de/en/product/joystick-pitch-adapter/

Might just order the pitch adapter from monstertech..then I can tell you if it works or not:)

I ordered mine with the angle adapter today. Any idea how long they take to ship? I remember it being like 3 weeks for my TUSBA.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I ordered mine with the angle adapter today. Any idea how long they take to ship? I remember it being like 3 weeks for my TUSBA.

I'm at work so I can't check the actual dates but shipping was the quickest of any overseas order I ever placed. Believe it was no more then 4-5 days form order to receiving it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I'm at work so I can't check the actual dates but shipping was the quickest of any overseas order I ever placed. Believe it was no more then 4-5 days form order to receiving it.

Lol yep, it shipped 10 hours ago.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

I ordered mine on Thursday (12th) and it was delivered to me in Asia the following Monday (16th). I was very surprised it was delivered so quickly.

BTW the shipping case is superb - similar to those professional camera cases. A very high quality product all round.

Great product and many thanks to the posters in this thread for their feedback.

Mine will be here tomorrow... in Texas... lol very impressed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I received the FSSB3 and have installed and flown with it. One problem, I set my paddle to be a modifier and while it is now the modifier, when I pull it to set a shifted button the button will not work. Once I let go of the paddle the DMS switch for instance works again. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks!

Never mind, I figured it out.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

So I received the FSSB3 and have installed and flown with it. One problem, I set my paddle to be a modifier and while it is now the modifier, when I pull it to set a shifted button the button will not work. Once I let go of the paddle the DMS switch for instance works again. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks!

Never mind, I figured it out.

what was wrong?

Because the pinky switch and paddle are used for entering programming mode they don't seem to work as a shift/modifier button in DCS. I simply set the modifier to a switch on the throttle. I'll be ordering the F16SGRH today as well and will no longer have a need for a shifted state when I get it.

Edited by Wicked.-

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Because the pinky switch and paddle are used for entering programming mode they don't seem to work as a shift/modifier button in DCS. I simply set the modifier to a switch on the throttle. I'll be ordering the F16GSRH today as well and will no longer have a need for a shifted state when I get it.

You can use the paddle as a modifier in DCS, you just can't modify any buttons on the stick thou for the reason you mentioned - but throttle, button box etc can all be modified with the paddle.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Does anyone know how to install the HID software? It keeps asking for some old version of MS Visual Studio (apologies can't remember the exact name and don't have access to home PC right now). I've downloaded it and installed but still keeps asking me for it.

Thanks.

I originally installed the HID software with my TUSBA on Win10. I'm pretty sure I manually installed whatever Visual Studio it was asking for. Just do a search for it and it should come up with instructions on how to force the missing components.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Also, download the new HID software from Realsimulator if you haven't. It's for all of their products in one application.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No you don't have to remove the board. That's odd you want you computer to recognize the stick as TM so you can continue to use target. And no the ffsb r3 isn't the latest. The f16g is

As far as FSSB force sensing stick bases go the FSSB3 Lighting is the newest. The F16SGRH is an F-16 grip than can be used with a base or on its own as it has built in sensors for pitch, roll and yaw axis.

You do NOT have to put your Warthog stick PCB in the FSSB3. You have that option if (like Chief said) you want to use your Warthog stick and throttle with Target. The only thing you need for the FSSB3 Lighting is your Warthog grip. If you don't use target, you can buy the 18 grip and have a whole other setup with the Warthog base. If you plan to get the F16SGRH do not get the angle adapter. Unlike the Warthog grip, the F16SGRH is already angled forward. If you are using your Warthog grip, buy the angle adapter..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Im using the FSSB R3 with the 12degree angle pitch adapter from monstertech that works great.

Also I have a question:

I cant seem to get any of my bottons on my warthog stick to function as a modifier. Is there a trick to this?