Pilot body

fl0w

I am aware of the fact that the Viggen doesn't have this, but can we have an option to show our pilot body as well? Since we are able to see JESTER's or the pilots. ;)

+1 would certainly make VR a lot more immersive.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

It was promised for both the Viggen (more than a year ago actually, the model should be done even so no idea what's taking so long) and the F-14 later in early access. I mean, you can see the pilot body when flying as RIO so no idea why it's not implemented yet.

+1

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would especially love to see the RIO pilot body particularly for takeoff, so we can put our hand automatically on the rail to grab once the Pilot salutes. Maybe a multi-crew thing, but would be very nice to see. :)

I haven't flown with a pilot body, but does it hamper your ability to see the buttons?

I do like the pilot head in mirrors. Makes me eat the frame rate 'cause I think it looks so cool.

It does but once in flight and combat you usually don't really mess around with the sidepanels too much. Then again you can always bind one key to show/hide the pilot body. Adds a great deal of immersion to be honest.

I hope this is on their priority list. Its kind of an immersion killer for me, especially with the other pilot showing.

I remember Cobra mentioned this before release that it’s on their list and will be coming pretty soon after release

It does but once in flight and combat you usually don't really mess around with the sidepanels too much. Then again you can always bind one key to show/hide the pilot body. Adds a great deal of immersion to be honest.

I never used the body until going VR. Now it’s a necessity. In the Hornet since I never hide the stick, I re-mapped Backspace to pilot body. I’m waiting to do the same in the Cat.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

• 1 month later...

+1 yes please

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

Just bumping this. As far as news-wise for the next F-14B update, HB has said that they are mainly focusing on a lot of performance fixes and FM improvements. The pilot body (I assume at this stage) is a low priority issue that can easily be enabled by visibility track means in the cockpit 3D model.

FjURGaM.png

But then again, I'm sure the people working on systems are not the ones working on visuals + modeling. Like, how hard can it be to include a pilot body? Afaik the Hornet launched with one into EA. Same goes for the Viggen...

How hard can it be to model the entire cockpit, exterior, texture it in extremely high fidelity, create the liveries, animate it, create damage models, collision models, crew animations, new visual features... [..insert artist related task here].. and ship all of that in a polished state? :P

My obnoxiously sarcastic point is that resources are finite. In a vacuum, adding a pilot cockpit body is easy. With a long laundry list of improvements, corrections and changes to be made - it becomes less trivial.

Trust me, we'd love to have it done and dusted already! :)

Viggen body not being available yet is a sore spot though. :(

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

How hard can it be to model the entire cockpit, exterior, texture it in extremely high fidelity, create the liveries, animate it, create damage models, collision models, crew animations, new visual features... [..insert artist related task here].. and ship all of that in a polished state? :P

My obnoxiously sarcastic point is that resources are finite. In a vacuum, adding a pilot cockpit body is easy. With a long laundry list of improvements, corrections and changes to be made - it becomes less trivial.

Trust me, we'd love to have it done and dusted already!

Viggen body not being available yet is a sore spot though.

Is this feature still a top priority for you nick? And are you still planning to add the feature fairly soon?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I get it, priorities make first headlines. The acknowledgment from the developers is always better than nothing. I still remain the same on this front: always focus on fixing bugs first before working on implementing new features. Adding things with things that are broken doesn't feel right, but doing both is workable.

I still have my money laid on this module Nick, you haven't ripped anyone off here. The work on the Tomcat is incredible. :)

• 3 months later...

Adding my name to the (wish we had a visible pilot in the F-14) list. As others have mentioned in VR this feature contributes a great deal to the total immersion experience. The F-18 pilot is fantastic example by the way! I am very much looking forward to seeing this level of detail also integrated in the F-14.

Hats off to the development team for their efforts in creating an amazing product!

Outta Missiles, Outta Bullets, Switching to Harsh Language!

It is WIP guys, but not top priority atm. We hope to move it up the ladder soon, we know how bad you want it, it is noted.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 1 month later...