Editable button layout template for Logitech G13

You can find a lot of keymaps on the net - but they are images of someones setup. I want a file that I can edit and save in different versions when I change them.

So here is my button layout for F18 in DCS for the G13 keypad. And if you ask why TDC push is not on the ministick push it's because you hold it all the time while slewing the mav, so it decreases your stick precision if you don't have it on a separate button...

BUT - the link below is to the Libre Office Draw (open source office) odg-file so you can change it yourself and print your version.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hdh6_4aNivdCWgKoYmN2S75TJAC4QYVW/view?usp=drive_web

Screenshot:

bpo0WNZ.png

And my setup that works really well for VR - it actually feels like it's a "part of the throttle" this way. And the mini stick is really good for slew control.

VHz8sjz.jpg

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

• 3 months later...

Nice setup with the G13. I've never been able to find a good position for mine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

Nice, thanks for sharing, I have my G13 around but don´t know how to use it properly.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Nice setup with the G13. I've never been able to find a good position for mine.
It really works great this way for VR. I put a square plate with nylon straps on top of the Virpil V2 desk mount top. Then put 3M Dual Lock on that and the underside of the G13. It sits like it's bolted to the mount, but is still possible to detach.

And with that position in VR you can just extend your palm so the wrist rests on the top of the throttle while using the mini stick for TDC slew. And the precision in the TDC is awesome. After this I actually don't miss having an analog mini-stick on my throttle at all...

It feels like it's made for this setup :) Had to sand the G13 edges though with fine sanding paper as it was a bit sharp.

Edited by mazex

Ryzen 7800X3D | Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX MB | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | RTX 3080 GPU | Sound BlasterX AE-5 | Windows 11 Pro x64 | Virpil T-50 Throttle | T50 CM2 Grip + WarBRD | VKB T-rudder MK IV | Asus PG279Q 1440p | Valve Index VR | Samsung 980 Pro as system disk and DCS on separate Intel 665P NVME SSD

It really works great this way for VR. I put a square plate with nylon straps on top of the Virpil V2 desk mount top. Then put 3M Dual Lock on that and the underside of the G13. It sits like it's bolted to the mount, but is still possible to detach.

And with that position in VR you can just extend your palm so the wrist rests on the top of the throttle while using the mini stick for TDC slew. And the precision in the TDC is awesome. After this I actually don't miss having an analog mini-stick on my throttle at all...

It feels like it's made for this setup :) Had to sand the G13 edges though with fine sanding paper as it was a bit sharp.

I will give it another try, thanks for your input.

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Very cool, never thought about using the G13 knob to slew. I'm going to do that with mine.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Hi. It says Page Not Found.
Sorry - had updated to a new version 1.2 and forgot to update the link. The original post is now updated.

IMG_7882_zpsu7p6juu9.jpg

I use a Playseat Airforce chair and already have a piece of plastic sandwiched between my throttle and the side mount. It's extended in front to hold a track ball. I'm going to look at it again tomorrow though. Your profile makes it worth figuring out a solution.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

• 2 months later...

Hi all G13 users I need you help regarding Logitech G13 and thread

I bought used G13 and I can't get it working... Feel dumb, how difficult can be configure G13.

I assign keystroke to keys, assign profile to dcs.exe file and make profile active, but nothing happens when I hit keys.

Then I discover problem with Logitech Gaming Virtual Bus Enumerator Driver:

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

{Bad Image}

%hs is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support. Error status 0x"

I have driver version 8.85.75.0 from 2016-06-13.

Window 10 1909 x64

Latest Logitech Gaming Software 9.02.65 from 2018-10-08

Can you check at your side, and which driver you have and where to find correct driver.

EDIT:

Solution was turn off Core Isolation Memory Integrity as suggested here:

after reboot driver was running fine!

Edited by emc

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin

• 4 months later...

QQ: on the TDC slew bindings, do you bind the G13 stick like you would any other hotas hat? Is it 8-way? <<OR>> is this more of a mouse action that smoothly moves the TDC cursor around. In other words, does it move the TDC cursor mechanically or with smooth motion?

QQ: on the TDC slew bindings, do you bind the G13 stick like you would any other hotas hat? Is it 8-way? is this more of a mouse action that smoothly moves the TDC cursor around. In other words, does it move the TDC cursor mechanically or with smooth motion?

No, it's a analogue mini joystick with an X and Y axis. So I bind it that way. It needs a bit of deadzone added as it's not using Virpil/VKB class sensors for the axes. But for slew which is the main binding that's not needed and it works great for me. The stick is a bit taller than the X-Box type mini sticks used on other devices so a bit more "throw" ;)

Edited by mazex

No, it's a analogue mini joystick with an X and Y axis. So I bind it that way. It needs a bit of deadzone added as it's not using Virpil/VKB class sensors for the axes. But for slew which is the main binding that's not needed and it works great for me. The stick is a bit taller than the X-Box type mini sticks used on other devices so a bit more "throw" ;)

gotcha, sounds good. i will attempt to bind it accordingly. I have just noticed (because I haven't programmed the entire T50CM2 yet, is that there seems to be on on the right side of the throttle on the back side (mini-stick with push button)....this might end up being my slew

• 1 year later...