HP Reverb - Awesome - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-11-2019, 01:15 AM   #11
rrohde
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gholi View Post
One friend of mine told me a nice resolution but you have the impression you have a veil in front of your eyes and it ruins everything, I use Pimax 5k +
Cannot confirm. My new Reverb has a perfectly crisp image (coming from the O+ it's an impressive step up).

PC: Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz @ 5.0GHz | MSI GTX 1080 TI | ASUS Maximus IX Hero | 32GB DDR4 RAM | 512GB Samsung 850 PRO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit | Glear: HP Reverb | Jetseat 908 | Monstertech MTX Sim Rig | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.II w/ MCG PRO (center mount) | VKB Gunfighter /w SCG-R Premium (side mount)

rrohde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:55 AM   #12
Baldrick33

Quote:
One friend of mine told me a nice resolution but you have the impression you have a veil in front of your eyes and it ruins everything, I use Pimax 5k +
Not in my experience (and I had a 5k+ before the Reverb)
Baldrick33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #13
gholi

Send a message via MSN to gholi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick33 View Post
Not in my experience (and I had a 5k+ before the Reverb)
Hi,and thx
So do you suggest me to switch on Reverb and get rid of Pimax 5K+? I'm interested in your opinion, I would like to know without taking the money issue, which Vr is the best, amongst all in the market
gholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 01:46 PM   #14
Baldrick33

Quote:
Hi,and thx
So do you suggest me to switch on Reverb and get rid of Pimax 5K+? I'm interested in your opinion, I would like to know without taking the money issue, which Vr is the best, amongst all in the market
It comes down to preferences. I thought the Pimax FOV would be a game changer for racing & flight sims. For me it wasn't. I didn't like the amount of visible binocular overlap where you can see the border of the lenses as they overlap and the amount of SDE.

The Reverb is a much clearer image but of course is more like viewing a circle than the big ellipse of the Pimax, and the Reverb has much less SDE.

Going back to a relatively small FOV may be an issue, it wasn't for me.

In my view the Reverb is the "best" headset of all the ones I have tried - CV1, Odyssey+, Pimax 5K+ & Index. Though my priority is clarity of image, whilst other headsets have better attributes, this determines my choice.
Baldrick33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #15
gholi

Send a message via MSN to gholi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldrick33 View Post
It comes down to preferences. I thought the Pimax FOV would be a game changer for racing & flight sims. For me it wasn't. I didn't like the amount of visible binocular overlap where you can see the border of the lenses as they overlap and the amount of SDE.

The Reverb is a much clearer image but of course is more like viewing a circle than the big ellipse of the Pimax, and the Reverb has much less SDE.

Going back to a relatively small FOV may be an issue, it wasn't for me.

In my view the Reverb is the "best" headset of all the ones I have tried - CV1, Odyssey+, Pimax 5K+ & Index. Though my priority is clarity of image, whilst other headsets have better attributes, this determines my choice.
You're right, I have a Pimax5k+ as well but want to have the one which suits me and matches with my expectations and the first priority for is the cleanness and clarity of the image read and see well the gauges
Thanks
gholi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:35 AM   #16
KiwiRoss

Thanks for the invite - when I get some time I'll check it out.
KiwiRoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:54 AM   #17
Mr_Burns

Quote:

Sorry but what is the relevance of this post? Are you asking if it appears you are looking through mesh or are you saying a Pimax 5k plus is better without seeing the Reverb?

They are both a similar price so are you saying pimax is better?
Mr_Burns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:13 PM   #18
fredclan

hows the pimax resolution. i can read the altimeter setting window on the round backup altimeter in the hornet without zoom or leaning in. reverb.
fredclan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
virtual reality