A2A Guns

Alphamale

How do you get to practice using the gun funnel, if the HUD automatically switches to ACM GACQ mode? I'd like to fly a few ACM with guns only but I do not want to use GACQ? I'd like to use the gun funnel...what's the purpose of showing the funnel, if you can never use it.

Try the radar off.

First off, this seems very inconvenient to simply turn off the radar..but that didn't work. I first tried switching to another DDI page but the TGT was still locked, then I turned off the Radar switch on the right arm console, still did not break lock....in fact, now I couldn't even release the lock with the Stick pinky switch, and of course, the Sensor Select castle hat was now inoperative...any other suggestions?

Edited by Alphamale

You should be able to cage/uncage when the radar gun director comes up, and it should put you back in the training funnel.

Nope, still auto-locks tgts via GACQ no matter how many times I hit the Uncage button and will not go back to gun funnel, but thanks for idea

Try Instant Action "AA Radar" mission for confirmation...use labels to make it faster

Edited by Alphamale

Nope, still auto-locks tgts via GACQ no matter how many times I hit the Uncage button and will not go back to gun funnel, but thanks for idea

Try Instant Action "AA Radar" mission for confirmation...use labels to make it faster

The only way i know of working right now is to put the radar off - not silence/stdby(rotary right console), before you lock a target or if it is already locked on press and hold undesignate button and then turn off the radar. I tried this a couple minutes ago in the latest OB version and that works, but it is not very convenient to turn off the radar. But if you want to practice the funnel i think it's the way to go.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

The only way i know of working right now is to put the radar off - not silence/stdby(rotary right console), before you lock a target or if it is already locked on press and hold undesignate button and then turn off the radar. I tried this a couple minutes ago in the latest OB version and that works, but it is not very convenient to turn off the radar. But if you want to practice the funnel i think it's the way to go.

So are you saying it's a WIP or Bug that should be looked at...If Fightson says you should be able to uncage the GACQ lock from the HUD, and taking it back to "training Funnel", then maybe ED should look at that, cause right now, uncage will not release focus

edit: in fact, you may not be able to release the heater cage on your "winders"...haven't tried that yet...obtw, thanks "Unknown" for the response

Edited by Alphamale

Undesignate the target first, then turn off the radar. Or, before you ever enter ACM mode let alone lock a target, turn off the radar.

I just tried it, it works. Used the very mission you mentioned, AA Radar Instant Action.

I agree it would be nice to have another way to do it, and there may be, but for now this works and gets you the funnel to practice with.

AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.40 GHz, RX 5700 XT 8GB, 32GB DDR4 RAM, Windows 10 Home

Undesignate the target first, then turn off the radar. Or, before you ever enter ACM mode let alone lock a target, turn off the radar.

I just tried it, it works. Used the very mission you mentioned, AA Radar Instant Action.

I agree it would be nice to have another way to do it, and there may be, but for now this works and gets you the funnel to practice with.

Ok thanks, I'll try it...but surely it wasn't meant to work this way....meaning, don't you think this is either a bug or not yet developed?....would like a consensus in lieu of an official opinion

Yes, it worked, thank you

I wonder if when SIL is implemented next week it may be a good way to do it.

I too hope for a more convenient way, but for me it is because I find it difficult to use the radar assisted gun in multiplayer, against some players it jumps around very erratically due to lag. Being able to switch to the gun funnel more easily would help.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

I thought the same exact thing and was gonna ask it, but thought I'd just wait...but it makes sense if my idea that SIL is a non-radiating sub-mode of the radar system is correct. Then it would seem that all ACM auto-lock modes would be superseded by SIL...this would then force GACQ back to RWS mode instead of STT....btw, the funnel is better for snapshots anyway

Edited by Alphamale