External fuel usage

Chuck's guide of the F-86 Sabre says on page 13 that the FUEL TANK JETTISON SELECTOR switch/knob is also used for determining where the fuel pumps will take the fuel from.

1. Is this correct or a mistake?

2. How can I see how much fuel is left in the outboard external fuel tanks and if available the inboard tanks also?

3. So if Q1. is true then if I turn the switch to right inboard Jett position then after a while I would create an imbalance in the aircraft due to the right inboard fuel tank being empty and lighter in weight?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

1. Is correct..

2. You can't. You need to do it the old fashioned way. Know your total fuel before starting, keep an eye on fuel flow and calculation while in flight. Prior to flight you should have an idea of how much fuel is required and when tanks will run out. The correct procedure is to begin with the outboard tanks and when the indicator light illuminates they are empty and switch to the inboard tanks. When they run out the fuel gauge will begin to move.

1. Is correct..

2. You can't. You need to do it the old fashioned way. Know your total fuel before starting, keep an eye on fuel flow and calculation while in flight. Prior to flight you should have an idea of how much fuel is required and when tanks will run out. The correct procedure is to begin with the outboard tanks and when the indicator light illuminates they are empty and switch to the inboard tanks. When they run out the fuel gauge will begin to move.

Thanks for the quick response. Where is this indicator light or what is it called?

CPU: Core i7 7700k, Mobo: GA-Z270x Gaming 7 rev. 1, RAM: 2 x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz, GPU: Zotac GTX 1060 Amp Edition, SSD: Samsung 850 pro 512 GB, SSD: 2 x Samsung 850 EVO 512 GB (RAID 0), Intel 530 Series 240GB SSD, HDD: WD 2TB Caviar Black, TrackIR 5, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro, CH PRO Pedals.

Thanks for the quick response. Where is this indicator light or what is it called?

Check this http://www.mudspike.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/DCS-F-86F-Sabre-Guide.pdf on page 14. It's the light to the immediate right of the red "Jettison Fuel Tanks" button.

• Like 1

Thanks again