Is Belsimtek going to release some performance charts - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 01-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #11
Coxy_99

Well if you think getting nice clean charts is easy then yes, However imagaine looking at WW2 aircraft charts i know the Hispano Buchon had been found in bits (Or a manual atleast)
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #12
Quinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Well if you think getting nice clean charts is easy then yes, However imagaine looking at WW2 aircraft charts i know the Hispano Buchon had been found in bits (Or a manual atleast)
No, I think getting nice and clean performance charts for Belsimtek´s F-5E is difficult, so I´m asking belsimsek to do some for his costumers, because I think that to do some nice and clean charts is easy for Belsimtek since they know the data of performance of his simulated F-5E like no one in the world. So, us, the costumers, most of us not trained pilots, would not need to try to decipher real-life charts made for trained pilots. I know my english is not the best, because I´m from Spain, but I think I´m making my point pretty clear.
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:51 AM   #13
Zooker

Your point is clear. However, have you considered that the design of the DCS F-5 was accomplished using the manuals you won't use as a guide? The performance of the F-5 may not be exact but it's close enough for simming. Have you tried reading the real world manuals? They really aren't that difficult to understand with a little effort

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!
-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN
Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School
2 Victories, Vietnam
Zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #14
fixen

I think his request is fine. The addition of performance charts in the manual would be nice to see.
fixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #15
mafuasu

BSM has take a lot of pictures from the original handbook.
And they explain many procedures and system very well.
It's a lot of graphic work to do for what you asked. They have to draw all charts new that already exist IN the original handbook.

I'm working with the handbook charts every time I'm flying and the resolution is not the best, BUT you can read it all very good to get the points you are looking for.

When I read your post I thought you want ready combinations for diffrent loadouts and fuel? This is not possible to do, except very elementary.
Any Fly needs diffrent setups, because the wether, payload, range, etc.
So, if you want to fly very easy use the arcade version or read a few pages of the manual, as I posted in my other post, and plan your mission as real as this wonderful and very complex simulator can do.

But command BSM to do not necessary work while they have many important stuff to do to give us still more realistic modules is not the best thing to do

greetings mafuasu
mafuasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #16
Quinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooker View Post
Your point is clear. However, have you considered that the design of the DCS F-5 was accomplished using the manuals you won't use as a guide? The performance of the F-5 may not be exact but it's close enough for simming. Have you tried reading the real world manuals? They really aren't that difficult to understand with a little effort
My dear Zooker, have you considered that DCS is not a profesional simulation, but a home simulation? Have you ever considered that is a simulation? Belsimtek´s F-5E "flyes" in a simulated environment, not into the real atmosphere, as the real F-5E. If you think that Belsimsek´s F-5E "flys" like Nortroph´s F-5E, I´m afraid you are in a mistake.

Yes, even being spanish and english my second language, and even not being a trained pilot, I have read the real world manuals. If you understand those low resolution charts and calculate drag indexes and stuff every time you make a mision in the editor, congratulations. But I suspect that most of the people that says that uses those real-life manuals like real pilots, calculate drag indexes according the weight every fly, because they are hardcore simmers or something, and etcetera, when they fly, actually just use only two throttle positions: full and afterburner, as arcade players, and that´s because they don´t ask for performance charts: they don´t need them!
Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #17
Quinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixen View Post
I think his request is fine. The addition of performance charts in the manual would be nice to see.
Thanks, mate. I´m starting to think that most people here actually works for Belsimsek and don´t want to do the tedious work of completing the manual
Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #18
Quinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafuasu View Post

When I read your post I thought you want ready combinations for diffrent loadouts and fuel? This is not possible to do, except very elementary.
Any Fly needs diffrent setups, because the wether, payload, range, etc.
So, if you want to fly very easy use the arcade version or read a few pages of the manual, as I posted in my other post, and plan your mission as real as this wonderful and very complex simulator can do.

greetings mafuasu
Dear mafuasu, the best addons for FSX, P3D or Xplane, not arcade versions but hardcore simulations, includes "operating data", ready combinations for different loadouts and fuel. For example, I´m now reading the manual of A2A´s L-049 Constellation and it includes four pages of operating data. Elementary? Well, yes, but really useful for a home simulator. Think that most of the people have jobs, family, friends, and can´t spend several hours planning a fly, like real-life pilots, every time they want to enjoy the simulator.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #19
///Rage

No harm in asking for them and indeed BST would be best placed to provide them. If it helps more people get into simming then its a good thing. Whether they provide them or not is up to them.

No need for the elitist attitude just because a guy asked.

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #20
Quinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
No harm in asking for them and indeed BST would be best placed to provide them. If it helps more people get into simming then its a good thing. Whether they provide them or not is up to them.

No need for the elitist attitude just because a guy asked.
Exactly my point. Thanks.

Tags
belsimtek, charts, dcs, f-5e