Is Belsimtek going to release some performance charts - Page 2 - ED Forums
 


Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2017, 04:36 PM   #11
Coxy_99
Senior Member
 
Coxy_99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 2,840
Default

Well if you think getting nice clean charts is easy then yes, However imagaine looking at WW2 aircraft charts i know the Hispano Buchon had been found in bits (Or a manual atleast)
__________________
100☭ Discord: https://discord.gg/EGrVBHt
Teamspeak: ts.100kiap.org
Forum: http://forum.100kiap.org
www: https://100kiap.hopto.org

[100☭] Coxy_99 #99

Follow me on twitch and youtube also: https://www.twitch.tv/coxy_99/profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLi...qEF8-UGWhwXD5A
Coxy_99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:40 PM   #12
Quinto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coxy_99 View Post
Well if you think getting nice clean charts is easy then yes, However imagaine looking at WW2 aircraft charts i know the Hispano Buchon had been found in bits (Or a manual atleast)
No, I think getting nice and clean performance charts for Belsimtek´s F-5E is difficult, so I´m asking belsimsek to do some for his costumers, because I think that to do some nice and clean charts is easy for Belsimtek since they know the data of performance of his simulated F-5E like no one in the world. So, us, the costumers, most of us not trained pilots, would not need to try to decipher real-life charts made for trained pilots. I know my english is not the best, because I´m from Spain, but I think I´m making my point pretty clear.
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 04:51 AM   #13
Zooker
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 127
Default

Your point is clear. However, have you considered that the design of the DCS F-5 was accomplished using the manuals you won't use as a guide? The performance of the F-5 may not be exact but it's close enough for simming. Have you tried reading the real world manuals? They really aren't that difficult to understand with a little effort
__________________
VFA-127 Desert Bogeys

Virtual Carrier Strike Group 1 | Discord

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!
-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN
Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School
2 Victories, Vietnam
Zooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:04 AM   #14
fixen
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: The Netherlands, Groningen
Posts: 421
Default

I think his request is fine. The addition of performance charts in the manual would be nice to see.
fixen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:06 AM   #15
mafuasu
Member
 
mafuasu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 104
Default

BSM has take a lot of pictures from the original handbook.
And they explain many procedures and system very well.
It's a lot of graphic work to do for what you asked. They have to draw all charts new that already exist IN the original handbook.

I'm working with the handbook charts every time I'm flying and the resolution is not the best, BUT you can read it all very good to get the points you are looking for.

When I read your post I thought you want ready combinations for diffrent loadouts and fuel? This is not possible to do, except very elementary.
Any Fly needs diffrent setups, because the wether, payload, range, etc.
So, if you want to fly very easy use the arcade version or read a few pages of the manual, as I posted in my other post, and plan your mission as real as this wonderful and very complex simulator can do.

But command BSM to do not necessary work while they have many important stuff to do to give us still more realistic modules is not the best thing to do

greetings mafuasu
mafuasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 AM   #16
Quinto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zooker View Post
Your point is clear. However, have you considered that the design of the DCS F-5 was accomplished using the manuals you won't use as a guide? The performance of the F-5 may not be exact but it's close enough for simming. Have you tried reading the real world manuals? They really aren't that difficult to understand with a little effort
My dear Zooker, have you considered that DCS is not a profesional simulation, but a home simulation? Have you ever considered that is a simulation? Belsimtek´s F-5E "flyes" in a simulated environment, not into the real atmosphere, as the real F-5E. If you think that Belsimsek´s F-5E "flys" like Nortroph´s F-5E, I´m afraid you are in a mistake.

Yes, even being spanish and english my second language, and even not being a trained pilot, I have read the real world manuals. If you understand those low resolution charts and calculate drag indexes and stuff every time you make a mision in the editor, congratulations. But I suspect that most of the people that says that uses those real-life manuals like real pilots, calculate drag indexes according the weight every fly, because they are hardcore simmers or something, and etcetera, when they fly, actually just use only two throttle positions: full and afterburner, as arcade players, and that´s because they don´t ask for performance charts: they don´t need them!
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:26 AM   #17
Quinto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixen View Post
I think his request is fine. The addition of performance charts in the manual would be nice to see.
Thanks, mate. I´m starting to think that most people here actually works for Belsimsek and don´t want to do the tedious work of completing the manual
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 AM   #18
Quinto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafuasu View Post

When I read your post I thought you want ready combinations for diffrent loadouts and fuel? This is not possible to do, except very elementary.
Any Fly needs diffrent setups, because the wether, payload, range, etc.
So, if you want to fly very easy use the arcade version or read a few pages of the manual, as I posted in my other post, and plan your mission as real as this wonderful and very complex simulator can do.

greetings mafuasu
Dear mafuasu, the best addons for FSX, P3D or Xplane, not arcade versions but hardcore simulations, includes "operating data", ready combinations for different loadouts and fuel. For example, I´m now reading the manual of A2A´s L-049 Constellation and it includes four pages of operating data. Elementary? Well, yes, but really useful for a home simulator. Think that most of the people have jobs, family, friends, and can´t spend several hours planning a fly, like real-life pilots, every time they want to enjoy the simulator.
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 08:54 AM   #19
///Rage
Senior Member
 
///Rage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: London, UK
Posts: 2,943
Default

No harm in asking for them and indeed BST would be best placed to provide them. If it helps more people get into simming then its a good thing. Whether they provide them or not is up to them.

No need for the elitist attitude just because a guy asked.
__________________

www.51bisons.com

51st TS 96.43.128.170
///Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2017, 09:00 AM   #20
Quinto
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Rage View Post
No harm in asking for them and indeed BST would be best placed to provide them. If it helps more people get into simming then its a good thing. Whether they provide them or not is up to them.

No need for the elitist attitude just because a guy asked.
Exactly my point. Thanks.
Quinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
belsimtek, charts, dcs, f-5e

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT. The time now is 11:25 PM. vBulletin Skin by ForumMonkeys. Powered by vBulletin®.
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.