Mission Editor Broken

I'm attempting to create a new mission using the mission editor, the problem I'm having is that when I choose the aircraft and set the group, pilot etc, and left click a base to place the aircraft, it doesn't place the aircraft on the field and I'm unable to choose the load-out or paint scheme for the plane and there fore the mission is never created. I have done a repair but still the same results. These are the instruction I'm using. My game version is 1216.39472. The plane is the P-51D which I have installed. Any Idea's?

th?id=WN.p7KBixUZdhAnCB5fcSWKCw&pid=15.15:18

DCS World Editor - Creating a Freeflight mission

Thanks TC

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Usually when you can't select anything the mission editor has encountered an error and you have to force close the game. In your C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder there will be an "me.log" and an "me.log.old" file. These files provide a log of what what happens in the editor and if there is an error the info will be in there. Try to place the aircraft as you have been doing and then attach the log files so we can see if anything weird is in them.

Also what happens when you try to add an aircraft group and simply place it on the map before selecting the P-51D, the groups name, placing waypoins, etc?

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

Usually when you can't select anything the mission editor has encountered an error and you have to force close the game. In your C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\DCS\Logs folder there will be an "me.log" and an "me.log.old" file. These files provide a log of what what happens in the editor and if there is an error the info will be in there. Try to place the aircraft as you have been doing and then attach the log files so we can see if anything weird is in them.

Also what happens when you try to add an aircraft group and simply place it on the map before selecting the P-51D, the groups name, placing waypoins, etc?

Here are the log files and I have no luck placing any aircraft on the map.

me.log.zip

me.zip

Win 10 Pro 64bit | Half X F/T Case | Corsair 1200AT ps | Asus ROG Maximums XIII Extreme | I9 11900K Clocked@4200 | Nepton 240 W/C | 64GB DDR4-3600 Gskill Mem | Asus 3080 gpu/8gb | SB-Z audio | Asus 32" 1440 Monitor | Winwing Super Tauras/Super Libra | Crosswind R/P | Track-ir-5 |

Placing on map before selecting aircraft works but I have no available weapons load-out of paint scheme choices plus if I attempt to fly the game locks up. TC

Something is wrong in your description.lua file for your custom livery. Specifically: Bazar/Liveries/P-51D/USAF 328th FS, Too-Cool_TC/description.lua

I guess post that file to see what is going on, could be as simple as a syntax error.

Something is wrong in your description.lua file for your custom livery. Specifically: Bazar/Liveries/P-51D/USAF 328th FS, Too-Cool_TC/description.lua

I guess post that file to see what is going on, could be as simple as a syntax error.

Here you go. TC

description.lua

Yup, you didn't comment out a line so it can't read the file and it is generating the error.

Change line 54

Too-Cool_TC

to

--Too-Cool_TC

That did the trick, Thanks a Lot for all the help. TC

Thanks Again....

• 4 years later...

Wow and that god for old threads

So I ran into this problem yesterday. I zipped up a livery I made to send to a friend and didnt delete the zip file after sending it. Then, in the editor, I couldnt add any hueys to any mission and the missions that already had a huey blew up as described here.

Thanks (albeit belated) for this thread. lol

HawgDawg4life of MSFlights.net

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]