Exiting AACQ

Jak525

Best way to exit AACQ. That I have found is to go to guns then back to selected missile not the best but simple

Red

+1

I know this is an older thread but I recently got back into flying the F-18 and had a lot of learning to do coming from the F-15 with its simplified FC3 weapon/sensor systems.

I too was looking for an AACQ on/off but so far for me as well this is the easiest/fastest way I've found 3 months after this thread was started.

+1

I know this is an older thread but I recently got back into flying the F-18 and had a lot of learning to do coming from the F-15 with its simplified FC3 weapon/sensor systems.

I too was looking for an AACQ on/off but so far for me as well this is the easiest/fastest way I've found 3 months after this thread was started.

Or if you have your A/A master mode bound, you can toggle it off and back on. Both are effective ways of doing so. I have also changed SOI and then SOI back to radar to accomplish exiting AACQ.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Or if you have your A/A master mode bound, you can toggle it off and back on. Both are effective ways of doing so. I have also changed SOI and then SOI back to radar to accomplish exiting AACQ.

Cheers,

Don

Yes I do have A/A master mode bound and toggle off also does the job. What about exiting ACM...the only way I've found is to toggle off A/A master mode, correct?

Edited by fitness88

Yes I do have A/A master mode bound and toggle off also does the job. What about exiting ACM...the only way I've found is to toggle off A/A master mode, correct?

Fairly certain that the pinky button (NWS) will also cancel ACM (unless you have guns selected), but I am away from home base for another 4 days, so only going off attempted muscle memory - nobody hold me to it until you can verify for yourself 100%. If that doesn’t happen, I will test when I get back to base and reply.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Fairly certain that the pinky button (NWS) will also cancel ACM (unless you have guns selected), but I am away from home base for another 4 days, so only going off attempted muscle memory - nobody hold me to it until you can verify for yourself 100%. If that doesn’t happen, I will test when I get back to base and reply.

Cheers,

Don

Yes, ACM(boresight/VS/wacq) can be canceled by pressing undesignate/NWS button, to cancel the AACQ mode you have to press the SCS AFT button.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Yes, ACM(boresight/VS/wacq) can be canceled by pressing undesignate/NWS button, to cancel the AACQ mode you have to press the SCS AFT button.

Ah, that was it. Been trying to think of what I used to cancel it after posting - sitting 400 miles away and driving me crazy. Thanks for updating and informing Fitness88 quicker than I could!

Cheers,

Don

I'm a bit confused, I understand ACM(boresight/VS/wacq) can be canceled by pressing undesignate/NWS button as well as by selecting gun [weapon select aft].

I thought when in ACM boresight/VS/wacq this is considered AACQ, please clarify?A few updates ago I used to see the letters AACQ on the HUD but no more.

Update:

I stand corrected, confusing all 4 acquisition modes in ACM as AACQ.

From manual;

Automatic Acquisition Mode (AACQ) is selected from the BVR RADAR modes, like RWS.

It is not selected from the ACM modes. When in a BVR RADAR mode and the TDC cursor is

not over a target symbol, the RADAR will attempt to auto lock the nearest target in its search

pattern when the Sensor Control switch is moved right. AACQ searches for targets out to

range setting of the RADAR.

Now I see AACQ on the HUD!

The manual gets easier to understand once the basics are understood...thanks to all the info contributors for your help!

Edited by fitness88

I'm a bit confused, I understand ACM(boresight/VS/wacq) can be canceled by pressing undesignate/NWS button as well as by selecting gun [weapon select aft].

I thought when in ACM boresight/VS/wacq this is considered AACQ, please clarify?A few updates ago I used to see the letters AACQ on the HUD but no more.

Update:

I stand corrected, confusing all 4 acquisition modes in ACM as AACQ.

From manual;

Automatic Acquisition Mode (AACQ) is selected from the BVR RADAR modes, like RWS.

It is not selected from the ACM modes. When in a BVR RADAR mode and the TDC cursor is

not over a target symbol, the RADAR will attempt to auto lock the nearest target in its search

pattern when the Sensor Control switch is moved right. AACQ searches for targets out to

range setting of the RADAR.

Now I see AACQ on the HUD!

The manual gets easier to understand once the basics are understood...thanks to all the info contributors for your help!

:thumbup:

Cheers,

Don