[FIXED] CK37 not allowing selection of Bx points off map mark data cartridge

Floydii

As the title says, you can't select Bx points on the CK37 after loading a data cartridge that uses F10 map marks (The plan didn't include any Bx markers, but in the past this hasn't been required). This is from a cold ground start.

Instead of seeing Bx8, for example, you get B2, which is not near the normal B2 and outside of 40 Swedish miles.

This problem affects both Multiplayer and Singleplayer and is a definite change from earlier versions' behaviour (ie, I'm not doing anything different in regard to process in the cockpit).

Air launches in the mission editor work fine with Bx points fully selectable.

I don't get it:

You make markpoints on the map (I'll guess LS, B1, B2, M3, B4, L1 etc.) but you don't make Bx points on it.

Then you load the data cartridge and the problem is, that the Bx points are missing?

Why should they be there when you don't mark them before?

Why don't you mark them?

Used the F10 data cartridge quite often in the last days, also with Bx points. Worked perfect. Even QFE is now updated on the kneeboard...

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Previously Bx could be created automatically when you were setting Bx8 for RB15 shots etc. There was no requirement to add them in f10

At the moment it just shows B2 if you select any Bx point after loading an f10 marker cartridge.

As the title says, you can't select Bx points on the CK37 after loading a data cartridge that uses F10 map marks (The plan didn't include any Bx markers, but in the past this hasn't been required). This is from a cold ground start.

Instead of seeing Bx8, for example, you get B2, which is not near the normal B2 and outside of 40 Swedish miles.

This problem affects both Multiplayer and Singleplayer and is a definite change from earlier versions' behaviour (ie, I'm not doing anything different in regard to process in the cockpit).

Air launches in the mission editor work fine with Bx points fully selectable.

Sounds like the bug reported back in january, as soon as you set mark points on the F10 map(SP or MP) you can't set BX points with your radar anymore. If you use a datacard with flightplan from ME or input the coordinates manually in the cockpit everything is fine, using mark points on the F10 map breaks setting BX points with the radar.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=227542&page=3

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I don't get it:

You make markpoints on the map (I'll guess LS, B1, B2, M3, B4, L1 etc.) but you don't make Bx points on it.

Then you load the data cartridge and the problem is, that the Bx points are missing?

Why should they be there when you don't mark them before?

Why don't you mark them?

Used the F10 data cartridge quite often in the last days, also with Bx points. Worked perfect. Even QFE is now updated on the kneeboard...

Like i said in my previous post, sounds like a bug reported in january. The problem is setting your flightplan(LS, B1....) with F10 mark points everything works fine until you want to input BX 8 for your RB15 missiles and adjust the BX7/8/9 points with your radar, if you click BX then 8 it will show B2 and you can't enter the BX8 point.

Atleast this was the problem back in january, i didn't test this anymore and put the Viggen in my hangar until it is bug fixed/out of EA. :cry:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I am not exactly sure I follow but I think I should say this:

If you are asking about the that when you havent previously (manually by inputting coordinates or by setting it in mission editor) a BX-point and then select it and and set T1 it would appear in front of the aircraft, then I think I should mention we are not sure (or rather sure) it doesnt work this way. Thing is the documentation doesnt mention what happens when you try to select an empty BX-point but it does mention that selecting an empty B1-B9 will make you select the next one or the previous one (don't remember which). So we added the feature in DCS to have it put the cross in front of the plane for ease of use (remember IRL the Rb15 and Bk90 was kind of an after-thought). Guess in DCS it's a bit inconsistent depending on how you've loaded your cartridge I guess? Is this what you mean?

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

I am not exactly sure I follow but I think I should say this:

If you are asking about the that when you havent previously (manually by inputting coordinates or by setting it in mission editor) a BX-point and then select it and and set T1 it would appear in front of the aircraft, then I think I should mention we are not sure (or rather sure) it doesnt work this way. Thing is the documentation doesnt mention what happens when you try to select an empty BX-point but it does mention that selecting an empty B1-B9 will make you select the next one or the previous one (don't remember which). So we added the feature in DCS to have it put the cross in front of the plane for ease of use (remember IRL the Rb15 and Bk90 was kind of an after-thought). Guess in DCS it's a bit inconsistent depending on how you've loaded your cartridge I guess? Is this what you mean?

Hi RagnarDa,

i quote myself from the old thread:

Bump.

I did test this again with the latest open beta patch, as it turns out there is a problem setting your BX points for the RB15 if you use a custum data cartridge.

What works:

- setting up your waypoints in the ME - load the data cartridge and you can select your BX points

- don't set any waypoints in the ME and enter the waypoints manually with the ck37, works also fine

What doesn't work:

- setting any kind of flightplan with the F10 marks(B1/2..or ATTACK) and load that data cartridge

- the DC is loaded, you can fly the waypoints but as soon as you want to setup your RB15 by pressing BX and 8 your destination indicator switches to B2 instead of showing BX8 and you can't setup your RB15

This is 100% reproducable for me in SP, didn't test in MP

I post 2 short quick and dirty videos(should be at least 1440p after YT processing is finished):

1:

- shwoing a hot start(doesn't matter if hot or cold) from the runway with an existing flightplan(LS, B1, L1) from the ME(you could also enter the waypoints via the Ck37 - works also)

- clicking BX

- clicking 8

- works like expected since the Viggen release

2:

- using F10 mark points as flightplan(LS,B1,L1)

- clicking BX

- clicking 8

- problem -> no BX8 aviable to set -> destination indicator showing B2 and no "ring/cross" on radar

RagnarDa, in answer to your question, that is what we mean. Unknown's posts of what is happening match mine exactly. Custom F10 generated carts do not allow use of Bx points if they are not inputted on the map*.

I've found a (less than ideal) workaround though. In short, load the Mission editor cart THEN your custom F10 cart. The Mission Editor cart includes all Bx points by default, so when you load an F10 cart that is missing them, they are already inputted (the CK37 doesn't appear to erase points if the most recently data cart doesn't include them). From here the usual initial fixing of Bx8 to the centre of the radar display works fine and all is well.

Now, Ideally the Bx point entry on the F10 data cart should be automated if they are not stipulated on the F10 map*. This is for the simple expedient that mission editor carts do it, even if you don't include them and not automating it with the F10 Cart just adds extra work that would normally be done by someone in Squadron Operations, not the pilot. Bx points don't mess with fuel plans or anything, so having them in the background shouldn't be a problem for a pilot that isn't using them for their mission.

Further to this, please do retain the Bx8 Fix going to the centre of the radar display, in the absence of a plans team to do the maths on where Bx points should be, the main way DCS viggen pilots set up RB15 shots is fixing to a radar target. Obviously if a qualified Viggen Avionics tech or pilot says otherwise change it.. but the current extrapolation is fine.

----

*To the point of adding points on the map, can you please update the manual to clarify the exact syntax required for these marks, as it appears to not be officially stated anywhere. so I couldn't tell you if Bx works if put on F10.. because I don't know what to put in the map label (BX8, bx8, Bx8?).

** More complicated scenarios are easily catered for by allowing manual input of a BX point in the CK37 in response to getting the coords of the target group from another source (recon viggen or some such.

Ok issue replicated and fixed. Thanks for the report! It really helps with videos.

Love you, the platonic way ;)

:beer: