NOW AVAILABLE: Community A-4E-C Mod - Page 147 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 09:35 AM   #1461
dali

Merker, thank you and the team for the great work. I wish you all the best in personal life.
dali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:17 AM   #1462
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansteve View Post
Sad to see ya go Merker but best of luck in all your new endeavours. Has anyone got problems with landing on Stennis? Keeps exploding!!! Just recently started doing this. Lands great on runway.

Cheers
I think you're doing a mid-air start? There's a bug in DCS world where SFM aircraft will have problems with the nose crashing through the ground upon landing when starting mid-air. Try starting from the catapult and you should not have problems
heclak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:08 AM   #1463
tmansteve

Hi heclak. I started from a airport runway so will try from catapult instead.

Cheers
tmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:22 AM   #1464
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmansteve View Post
Hi heclak. I started from a airport runway so will try from catapult instead.

Cheers
You shouldn't have that problem if you started from an airport runway too. Hmm.. seems like we need some investigating. But its probably an issue with the game engine rather than the module though. We never had this issue before the version of DCS world that broke the SFM physics.
Old 05-17-2019, 06:22 PM   #1465
tmansteve

Heclak, tested it with catapult and landed a treat. I updated dcs stable yesterday so not sure if this has had an effect.
tmansteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:06 PM   #1466
warbirdguy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by heclak View Post
I would be interested to what sounds we can get! Are you on discord? It would be easier to discuss details there.

-------- I do have a Discord. PM me the details if you wish.

I don’t believe the code has been written for exporting yet. I’ll need to find the time to get around to that. I’ll add that to the issue tracker.

-------- I appreciate your efforts. I will not be at the point to actually use it for quite some time.

I’m curious what connection does the radar use and if the internal display still works. It might be more interesting if the original display can be used.
-------- I series of terminals but I suspect this tube would require too much work to convert. I was just going to rob the superimposed glass and bezel then stick in front of a small LCD screen.
warbirdguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 11:08 PM   #1467
warbirdguy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackLibrary View Post
For the Export: i got it the simple way.
i have defined the right and left MFD from the A10 that works with the most planes.

for the a4

add this line:
Code:
try_find_assigned_viewport("RIGHT_MFCD")
here: Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft\A-4E-C\Cockpit\Scripts\RADAR\Indicator\init.lua

before the last one. ( startup_print("radar HUD: load end") )

made a lua for monitor setup:

Code:
LEFT_MFCD =
{
     x = 0;
     y = 1250;
     width = 550;
     height = 550;
}

RIGHT_MFCD =
{
     x = 730;
     y = 1250;
     width = 550;
     height = 550;
}
the valves are mine may not work for you

I will give this a shot when I have time. Thank you for sharing.
warbirdguy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 10:49 AM   #1468
Extranajero

Quote:
You shouldn't have that problem if you started from an airport runway too. Hmm.. seems like we need some investigating. But its probably an issue with the game engine rather than the module though. We never had this issue before the version of DCS world that broke the SFM physics.
I'm finding that the Skyhawk can land and take off from a runway fine ( not sure if airstarting is an issue there, haven't tried it )

With the Stennis though, if you take off from the carrier and attempt a landing it explodes as soon as it touches the deck.

This is 2.5 stable, latest update.
Extranajero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:32 AM   #1469
heclak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extranajero View Post
I'm finding that the Skyhawk can land and take off from a runway fine ( not sure if airstarting is an issue there, haven't tried it )

With the Stennis though, if you take off from the carrier and attempt a landing it explodes as soon as it touches the deck.

This is 2.5 stable, latest update.
I just tested a catapult launch then carrier landing in the latest open beta. It's currently on the same version number as stable. No issues with the landing. I trapped with a descent of -1000 feet per minute. Maybe you're landing too hard?
Old 05-19-2019, 12:49 PM   #1470
Extranajero

Quote:
I just tested a catapult launch then carrier landing in the latest open beta. It's currently on the same version number as stable. No issues with the landing. I trapped with a descent of -1000 feet per minute. Maybe you're landing too hard?
Thanks for that, maybe I am landing too hard then ? I'll persevere and see what happens
Extranajero is offline   Reply With Quote