On the Various FM Issues - Page 9 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-16-2019, 09:50 AM   #81
HWasp

I have made a bug report about that excessive glide ratio, since there was no response at all from the devs in here. What is the purpose of having a great single unified FM thread, if there is no purposeful communication with the customers?
HWasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 03:51 PM   #82
OverStratos
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWasp
I have made a bug report about that excessive glide ratio, since there was no response at all from the devs in here. What is the purpose of having a great single unified FM thread, if there is no purposeful communication with the customers?
Sorry for the late reply HWasp,

All the minor issues that still remain in the FM like the ITR/STR and lift-to-drag ratio are in the process of being fixed. Your feedback on the glide ratio was very useful, thanks.

Currently the aircraft is also becoming supersonic in MIL power at most heights by 2-3kph and this is also in our coder FM work list.

To all those that fear that the FM is wrong or in a bad state, please check for the FM comparisons between the simulated aircraft and the real one in threads in this very sub-forum and in our Discord channel. We have presented a lot of data to allow for the correct assessment of the MiG-19P FM status and updates have been released on a timely schedule.
OverStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 03:41 AM   #83
HWasp

Thanks! Really glad to hear that fixes are in progress!
HWasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 12:40 AM   #84
CYLON

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magot View Post
Maybe there are minor inaccuracies, but yes FM is ok. Major problems with spins, fall etc. were fixed. Now in the same quality as Mig-15 have. I like this module
Some trolls will be always doing his work
It is not the same quality as the MiG-15 as far as the external 3d model and sounds is concerned, well at the moment at least. If those things are fixed, I will change my mind of course.

The flight model HAS improved a lot since my last comments though. It actually feels like a real aircraft now. I'm just waiting for G effects to be re-implemented and hopefully they fix the 3d model position of the elevators and rudder as it does not look good at all. The inside part of the elevators need some textures as well as it's really jarring to see untextured and exposed 3d model when you are checking your six as well.
Old 05-25-2019, 03:27 PM   #85
Alpenwolf

I know developers hate this question, and I understand that, but please understand my concern with FM, so here is the question:
Any idea how long it might take until it's finalised and ready?
Don't hate me now

Server's Dedicated Thread:
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=211361

Helicopters Tournaments:
https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=469

You can help with keeping up the server by donating using PayPal to the following email address:
hokumyounis@yahoo.com
Alpenwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 06:38 PM   #86
OverStratos
3rd Party Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpenwolf View Post
I know developers hate this question, and I understand that, but please understand my concern with FM, so here is the question:
Any idea how long it might take until it's finalised and ready?
Don't hate me now
don´t worry, everyone can have doubts.

Let´s see, the FM is currently quite accurate in most parameters with only a few aspects that need to be corrected. The time to finish these depends on our FM coder(Cpt. Smiley) which has been really busy these days. I´m all the time working with him to correct the issues and he has an quite detailed list of all remaining items, so it shouldn't´t be too long.

Regarding the concerns you have in relation to the FM, please feel free to express them here or in our Discord and we can talk about them.
OverStratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 03:13 AM   #87
Hummingbird+
Posting Rights Suspended

Good to see you are here listening to the feedback and talking back OverStratos. I have confidence you will get the FM right, and at that point you can be sure I will buy your product
Hummingbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:01 PM   #88
TLTeo

So what is the FM like now? Can the jet still supercruise? Has the drag/aoa issue that caused the insane sustained turn rate been fixed?
TLTeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:01 PM   #89
AeriaGloria

I think it flies great now. It’s always going to be fast and have insane sustained turns
AeriaGloria is offline   Reply With Quote