Can you guys please do a Phantom ?

River

No idea if ED really is on to the F-4, I'd love to see a Phantom from HB. If it's done like the F-14 it will be the most raw and brutal two seat experience one can dream of. Nothing against an Intruder or whatever HB is planning but the Phantom fits the Heatblur style like a glove.

Belsimtek has already worked quite a bit on the F-4E, but the project is currently on ice, due to other projects (Mi-24) are being worked on first. See here for some of the dev work that has already been done on the Phantom by Belsimtek:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3278678&postcount=1

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3341529&postcount=1

ALbnEyB.jpg

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I certainly won't be saying no to a Belsimtek F-4E when it comes out, but the fact we're not getting a true blue blooded carrier based Phantom disppoints me slightly.

I also think that for all the complaints, Jester is fantastic. I'm curious how ther devs would do the back-seater, but I don't think they can do better than HB on this front.

VC

=X51= Squadron is recruiting!

X51 website: https://x51squadron.com/

Join our Discord: https://discord.gg/d9JtFY4

I certainly won't be saying no to a Belsimtek F-4E when it comes out, but the fact we're not getting a true blue blooded carrier based Phantom disppoints me slightly.

I'm quite happy with the E as it is one of the more capable variants and for me the Phantom always was more of an Air Force aircraft and I wasn't even aware for quite some time that it has also been used by the Navy (although it has been originally designed for the Navy).

I also think that for all the complaints, Jester is fantastic. I'm curious how ther devs would do the back-seater, but I don't think they can do better than HB on this front.

They explained that a bit for the copilot in the Mi-24 in the second link I posted above ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Interesting, aiming for fewer buttons to control the crew. How they handle the complexities of designating ground targets is definitely one to wacth (as we also eagerly await Jester to learn LANTIRN, which poses similar problems).

Yeah, I agree with you on the capability of the F-4E, will make it versatile enough to be useful and competitive on "no restrictions" MP servers. Plus it's the basis for the exported variants so more widely used in that sense as well.

I just have a thing for carrier ops ;) 8). And ever since I had a profile of it as a kid, with the story that made it famous, for me the Phantom will always be this one:

F-4J_VF-96_Showtime_100_in_flight.jpg

VC

Same goes for the Tornado by the way, it's role is somewhat special though and was only used by a few countries. F-4 was flown by many nations and was used in many conflicts.
Given the fact that the Phantom isn't likely to come anywhere close to Early Access before I'm eligible for Social Security, I've decided that it's more reasonable to pin my hopes on a variant of the Tornado being Heatblur's next passion project.

Only time will tell.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

A Heatblur Navy/USMC F-4 family would be mind-bogglingly cool. I think there was enough similarity between the variants that it could be done, like the F-14 A and B.

F-4B, choose a common Vietnam production block to implement, something that would go perfectly if HB went ahead and threw an A-6A in.

From the F-4B you can then do the J model, with some minor performance improvements and newer radar, the wing bulges for the larger wheels, stabilator slat (not leading edge wing slats like F-4E), and delete the IRST under the nose, and model the aileron "droop" with gear/flaps down. The external engine model would have the longer afterburner section. The J also added an improved bombing system and could use the Bullpup ASM. Also 1-way datalink for automatic carrier landing system.

From the B model, you can then model the improved N model, with "smokeless" J-79s and some of the F-4J's airframe upgrades (stabilator slats, etc.)

Finally from the J model you can implement the F-4S, which served well into the 80s and even 90s right alongside the Tomcat. You'd just take the F-4J model and give it the "smokeless" J79s and leading-edge slats.

Obviously each one will still have various external visual cues like antennas and their varied locations, but choosing either the F-4B or F-4J to model gives you a Vietnam era aircraft so that era can finally get the love it deserves, AND you would have the basis for taking that work as well as some of the work previously done to the F-14 in order to also offer a modernized version to complement the F-14 through the 80s or even into 90s scenario if the J/S pair were chosen.

Let ED come back to the F-4E, I'd rather have a Heatblur carrier Phantom instead.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

I would love to see a Vietnam-era carrier Phantom. And those short nozzle J79's have that menacing howl...

I don't think Belsimtek's prior work on the F-4E means anything at this point. Wags' response on mudspike sounded like it's not on their road map which puts years away at best.

I don't think Belsimtek's prior work on the F-4E means anything at this point. Wags' response on mudspike sounded like it's not on their road map which puts years away at best.

I have interpreted his response quite differently. While it's not something they're working on right now, his response sounded like they will come back to it once the the Mi-24 (and some eagerly awaited unkown aircraft?) are somewhat finished.

The Phantom is such a legendary aircraft that we will certainly simulate it. For now, we already have another aircraft (an eagerly awaited one) to work on after the Viper.

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

If HB does an Vietnam era F-4B, with a little bit of imagination, you could dress it up as an F-4C. And while I read the response to the Phantom by Wags, the work started by Belsimtek will probably be dumpstered by ED when they start it up again in 2026. They have too many modules going on and planned for in the future. They have to finish the Hornet and Viper, several WW2 birds, the Hind, and some ED skunkworks jet before it becomes a possibility for production.

Specs: i9 9900k, GTX 1080ti, 32gb ram, Oculus Rift S

Modules Owned: A-10A, A-10C, F-5E, F-14B, F-15C, F-16C, F-86F, M2000, MiG-29, MiG-21

Modules Most Wanted: F-4B, F-4C, F-4D, F-4E, F-4J, F-4N, F-4S

If HB does an Vietnam era F-4B, with a little bit of imagination, you could dress it up as an F-4C. And while I read the response to the Phantom by Wags, the work started by Belsimtek will probably be dumpstered by ED when they start it up again in 2026. They have too many modules going on and planned for in the future. They have to finish the Hornet and Viper, several WW2 birds, the Hind, and some ED skunkworks jet before it becomes a possibility for production.

Well, if HB needs as long for their new jet as they needed for the Tomcat, then ED/BST will probably still be able to do the F-4 before HB in 2026 ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Funny that there is an “eagerly awaited “ 2 seater coming yet it doesn’t seem to be anything people are asking for as far as I can see besides the F4 and Intruder, both poo pooed currently as of last update. Any guess that i may have missed being a noob to the board?

Thanks

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

Didn't know the ED Phantom isn't carrier capable. Lot's to learn. Give us one of those shiny white old Navy beasts ;-)

Technically the F-4E still has the tailhook, which was retained in the Air Force versions and could be used in emergencies (I guess some of the land bases had wires for this?!). I suppose depending on how they model it you might be able to flip a bypass and trap on a carrier, but you won't have ICLS or anything else like that to help you.

VC

I'm quite happy with the E as it is one of the more capable variants and for me the Phantom always was more of an Air Force aircraft and I wasn't even aware for quite some time that it has also been used by the Navy (although it has been originally designed for the Navy).

The F-4J/S have a much more capable A2A radar system, but IIRC they only carry dumb A2G weapons, so the F-4E is certainly more interesting in that regard (plus the internal cannon).

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Funny that there is an “eagerly awaited “ 2 seater coming yet it doesn’t seem to be anything people are asking for as far as I can see besides the F4 and Intruder, both poo pooed currently as of last update. Any guess that i may have missed being a noob to the board?

Thanks

Uhm, Tornado?!

Tornado3 small.jpg