A-6

eugen

Once they are done with the Viggen and the Tomcat is nearing completion I'd see it as a possibility. Given Heatblur already have a great ground radar tech and multicrew + AI working in the Tomcat I don't see why an A-6 wouldn't be possible. I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes, just like the F-14. It'd also fit right into the HB ecosystem they are creating for the Tomcat (Carriers, assets, campaigns). Let alone greatly compliment their old friends' upcoming F-8J Crusader.

... I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes, just like the F-14...

Is this your personal opinion or is there an objective source of information? Link?

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Is this your personal opinion or is there an objective source of information? Link?

The Intruder is a pretty well known and loved airframe, has been in several movies and took part in the Vietnam war. It's a really cool aircraft, even for those who don't know about it, once they do I'm certain they'll love it.

The Intruder is a pretty well known and loved airframe, has been in several movies and took part in the Vietnam war. It's a really cool aircraft, even for those who don't know about it, once they do I'm certain they'll love it.

I meant the F-14, because I didn't buy it.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

I think it sold pretty well even if you didn't buy it. I think the A6 would as well, even if you didn't buy it. Hell I might buy 2... :)

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 5 weeks later...

I would be surprised if it's not one of the top selling modules in DCS to-date. The livestream trailer numbers were pretty darn high. If even a fraction of those that watched it ended up buying, then yes, they sold like hotcakes. I'm also sure that some, like me, ended up buying two :pilotfly:

No doubt an A-6 would be a very popular airframe as well. When you consider that a lot of the folks playing this game are in their 30s, 40s, and 50s, the 60s/70s era airframes hold a lot of nostalgia.

I'd love an early A-6, but if they went more modern, it could be used in a wider range of scenarios with proper weapon restrictions put in place. If they end up making any flyable version, I'm getting two of 'em.

I would be surprised if it's not one of the top selling modules in DCS to-date. The livestream trailer numbers were pretty darn high. If even a fraction of those that watched it ended up buying, then yes, they sold like hotcakes. I'm also sure that some, like me, ended up buying two :pilotfly:

No doubt an A-6 would be a very popular airframe as well. When you consider that a lot of the folks playing this game are in their 30s, 40s, and 50s, the 60s/70s era airframes hold a lot of nostalgia.

I'd love an early A-6, but if they went more modern, it could be used in a wider range of scenarios with proper weapon restrictions put in place. If they end up making any flyable version, I'm getting two of 'em.

Not to mention, the F-14 and the F-16 were by far the most anticipated and demanded AC on virtually all the polls and topics related to DCS. Granted,

most of the DCS player base is off line, and probably even less then those are active on the forums (both here and on other social media), but still, such large prevalence, probably counts for something.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

Once they are done with the Viggen and the Tomcat is nearing completion I'd see it as a possibility. Given Heatblur already have a great ground radar tech and multicrew + AI working in the Tomcat I don't see why an A-6 wouldn't be possible. I'm sure it would sell like hot cakes, just like the F-14. It'd also fit right into the HB ecosystem they are creating for the Tomcat (Carriers, assets, campaigns). Let alone greatly compliment their old friends' upcoming F-8J Crusader.

I think it sold pretty well even if you didn't buy it. I think the A6 would as well, even if you didn't buy it. Hell I might buy 2... :)

I would buy it too. But if we are really being honest, there is probably only one mud mover that will sell like "hot cakes" right now. I just dug this today on FB. And goes along similar lines with other threads, polls and wish lists bot here and there. I must admit, i never expected the Tornado to be that "hot" :huh:

876371507_planewishlist.jpg.6830fcfbbefa9bb3cf038f40c46a7e7c.jpg

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

TRAM is more relevant for the "era" of the Tomcat module we have but SWIP is extremly awesome

Not really. The F-14B spent most of it's time in the '90s. The SWIP Intruders spent most of its time in the '90s as well. TRAM would complement the F-14A; SWIP complements the F-14B.

Not really. The F-14B spent most of it's time in the '90s. The SWIP Intruders spent most of its time in the '90s as well. TRAM would complement the F-14A; SWIP complements the F-14B.

The TRAM was the most common variant during the Time "our" F-14B is modelled. There where like 2 Squadrons who had a few SWIP Intruders during Desert Storm so I think the TRAM version is more fitting. But it does not matter cause I want both

The TRAM was the most common variant during the Time "our" F-14B is modelled. There where like 2 Squadrons who had a few SWIP Intruders during Desert Storm so I think the TRAM version is more fitting. But it does not matter cause I want both

Then it's 50-50. The F-14B spent equal amounts of time alongside the TRAM and the SWIP. But iff we can only have one, based on what you're telling me, it's the TRAM.

But yes, I want both as well.

I'd absolutely love a -6E TRAM and SWIP especially as AI assets that HB are already doing.

If they were going to step up to a module, then the SWIP is probably what I'd go for, but I'd absolutely go for a TRAM too.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 2 weeks later...