Does Heatblur have a roadmap for potential future modules?

MobiSev

An A-6 would fit nicely into DCS's pretty dominant naval simulation position with the upcoming Nimitz module, the Hornet and HB's own Tomcat.

Jester, maybe Boxman by then... :D ...can sit beside me.

Nah, Boxman will be your wingman, Tiger is sitting beside you as your BN. :D

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

As for the rest: I'd leave it to general speculation for now, as that matches our own "state of mind" at the moment: not sure and we'll see. :)

Shame as based on that, it’s going to be years before the next module considering the development effort of the F-14B

My understanding is that Heatblur is still speculating, like us, as to what module they will develop next. I'd like to weigh in for a Heatblur Tornado module to be developed.

Currently in DCS, there's a serious mbalance between Soviet/Russian aircraft and US aircraft on the one hand, and European aircraft, on the other.

Let's see:

Modern modules released or under development (excluding modules still at the planification stage)

US planes (total: 14)

F-86, F-4E, -5E, -8J, -14A and B, -15C and E, -16C, 18C

A-4E, A-10A and C

AV-8B

Russian planes (total: 9)

MiG-15, -19, -21, -23, -25, -29, Su-25, -27, -33

European planes (total: 5)

Mirage-2000C, Mirage F1, AJS-37, C-101 and L-39 (two of them are trainers)

Other (total: 2)

JF-17, A-29 Tucano,

Non-US and non-Russian planes are seriously underrepresented.

HB could make the ADV, IDS and ECR variants of the Tornado (just as they are developing the A and B versions of the F-14) and help re-balance the game with a modern mult-role European combat aircraft.

Wishlist: Tornado ADV/IDS, Blackburn Buccaneer, Super Mystère B2, Saab J 35 Draken,

HB could make the ADV, IDS and ECR variants of the Tornado (just as they are developing the A and B versions of the F-14) and help re-balance the game with a modern mult-role European combat aircraft.

You understand that these versions might as well be separate modules? Like the D tomcat compared to the other 2. A lot of differences on systems there.

Lets be honest here. We should not expect any new module from Heatblur for another 3 to 4 years. I honestly do not even know what state DCS will be by then after the new flight simulator is released.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

As much as I'd be excited to get more Heatblur aircraft, I'm fine with what they are doing. Heatblur is the only developer I buy without hesitation. Their initial releases are pretty damn great, and they keep working on their modules properly, even if it can take many years to fully complete them.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

You're probably right regarding the ADV. But what about the ECR?

Totally different avionics and internals (the guns had to be removed to make room for that) and different engines. But as TLTeo said, there are no gameplay mechanics for EW aircraft in DCS as of now and the IDS can employ the HARM as well.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for your replies full of interesting information.

I'm curious. What is lacking in DCS in order to effectively simulate an electronic warfare environment?

Pretty much everything. Currently there's only a single EW flag (a boolean) for each aircraft that is either true (jammer is active) or false (jammer is inactive). There are no other parameters like jamming power, type of jamming, frequencies and so on. Additionally it's on the recieving aircraft to have jamming effects implemented which differ from aircraft to aircraft, depending on what the devs thought would be nice jamming effects.

With that a dedicated EW aicraft would not be able to do anything more than activate a general jammer like all the other Self Protection Jammer (SPJ) equipped aircraft in DCS can already do. It would not be able to make any use of its specialized EW equipment.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg