What is the next project for Heatblur?

GVO

Even though the Viggen and Tomcat is not out of EA yet, I'm wondering what (if any) is Heatblur's next project?

Or is the Tomcat the last DCS module we will see from you?

Both modules are just fantastic, so it would be a great loss for DCS but understandable if new opportunities came with the option to work with ... (can't remember the company name).

Anyway thanks for giving us Viggen and the Tomcat!

Have a great weekend

Ah yes true but my question was more in terms of will Heatblur do more modules for DCS.

Or is that answered in that thread? Then the mod can just delete this :)

Why wouldn't they? They have said many times that they're working on new jets.

Edit: I forgot to link the following thread in my initial response, which is more what you#re looking for: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3244974

Cobra responded there as follows:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies. We're also looking at expanding the F-14 product, but will look more closely at what exactly that means after release. That said, 2018 will be mostly the year of improvements to both the F-14 and Viggen.

We don't want to be stuck in the eternal Beta rut.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Why wouldn't they? They have said many times that they're working on new jets.

Edit: I forgot to link the following thread in my initial response, which is more what you#re looking for: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3244974

Cobra responded there as follows:

Thanks for the link! I really hope that is still true even though the post is from 2017. My worry is that after they announced the cooperation with a company they haven't, to my knowledge, said "yes, we will still work with DCS" even with so much speculation and discussion. Every time the answer has been very very vague.

They don't even have to say what they're working on but just one stating comment about the future.

Thanks for the link! I really hope that is still true even though the post is from 2017. My worry is that after they announced the cooperation with a company they haven't, to my knowledge, said "yes, we will still work with DCS" even with so much speculation and discussion. Every time the answer has been very very vague.

They don't even have to say what they're working on but just one stating comment about the future.

They did comment about that here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3836167&postcount=42

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks QuiGon for answering my paranoid questions. I was just worried we would loose Heatblur :)

Have a nice weekend

I don't see any reason to worry about that :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

I predict we will not see a new module by Heatblur in the next 5 years. Hope they prove me wrong, but it's much more sensible business wise to focus all resources on government projects. I would handle it that way, wouldn't you?

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Considering how dodgy they've been about answering direct questions about their new partnership I'm pretty worried we're losing heatblur. When asked "will you develop anymore DCS world modules" since the merger? Buyout? they haven't answered. So it may just be finish what they have and move on.

I've seen comments and threads like this since the annoucement. I wish someone from HB would just come here and just say something definitive like: "Yeah we'll still do stuff for DCS after the F-14/Viggen" or "Nah we'll finish that stuff and then we're done." or "We dunno tbh" To shut those endless rumourmills for good cause this snowballs into really bad rumors and unhealthy speculation.

I've seen comments and threads like this since the annoucement. I wish someone from HB would just come here and just say something definitive like: "Yeah we'll still do stuff for DCS after the F-14/Viggen" or "Nah we'll finish that stuff and then we're done." or "We dunno tbh" To shut those endless rumourmills for good cause this snowballs into really bad rumors and unhealthy speculation.

^^^^ or maybe ED has some input on the matter. And where is the carrier they promised? Is it canceled?

They did respond here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3836167&postcount=42

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Still think it's weird that they don't answer to the question if they will still work on DCS after the Turkey is done. Like I've seen them getting asked on reddit and elsewhere and earlier they gave pretty vague PR speak that carefully evades the actual question and now they don't even answer to that anymore. At first I was very hopefull after reading that answer you linked but after that I tried contacting Heatblur on FB and implored them to just maybe make another post that finally clears the air about this because I think that rumor mongering is quite contraproductive but they did neither respond nor even read my message, kinda feels like they ignore it on purpose and this makes me very worried. It makes me worried cause thats not how HB acts normaly, they normaly stay in contact with the community and this whole dancing around a non PR answer is extremly atypical for them imo. I wish they could just set the record straight even if they say "Yup we'll finish the Viggen and the Tomcat but after that we're gone"

Pls talk to us Heatblur

• 3 weeks later...
[…]

Yeah, the link QuiGon keep posting does not have any answer related to DCS. Heatblur stated multiple times they'll stay around as a consumer flight sim developper but never told us they will continue to develop specifically for DCS. When asked about it they simply don't reply.

Even if they leave DCS World, I still am happy they gave the community two of the very best modules of the game. Plus, they already assured us that they will deliver what's been promised around the Tomcat (another variant of the Tomcat, a carrier and two campaigns - not sure about the Intruder AI).

To be honest I would be thrilled if Heatblur was involved in a new sim project. If the project is as ambitious and dedicated as we know from the team, this could be one of the biggest news for us, combat sim fans.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC