F-8 news?

Hummingbird

• 2 weeks later...

+1 would love to hear more about the crusader.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

When can we expect an update on the F-8?

Check back in 2022.

The F4U will be released before that. And I'm kinda hoping for it next year for that. And then maybe the F8 a year later.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

My understanding was its a separate team working on it from the F4U. But yeah you're probably right that its not coming anytime soon :D

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These guys have gone silent. No offense, but I wouldn't expect to hear much from them for now. They have obviously ran into issues with the corsair. F8 isnt even on their radar atm. You see how long the Mig 21 took...right. but that is an outstanding bird

They've actually clarified why fairly recently. There's no real hiccup with the Corsair, but they have deadlines to meet so they're concentrating on that. Deadlines with ED combined with the fact that this isn't their dayjob equals, yup we're going to be waiting for a time.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!