Poll: DCS Supercarrier vs Forrestal

Reflected

Poll: DCS Supercarrier vs Forrestal  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: DCS Supercarrier vs Forrestal

• For sure I will!
    • Nah, the HB carriers will suffice for me.

With HB working on the Forrestal family, I'm now kind of sad nobody is doing Big John. Kennedy had -14s from 1974 with the Swordsmen and Tophatters for a really long time, hell the Swordsmen flew from her when they slapped those Libyan Mig-23s down. She was still around to be VF-103's last Tomcat cruise in 2004, on her final cruise.

My old man also got his senior cruise on her in mid '72, even got a backseat ride with the Tophatters in an F-4B.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

Question for online play. The servers that will have that supercarrier would mean that people who did not purchase the module will not be able to join it right? Wont this just divide the playerbase?

Apologies for my ignorance. I did not know that the supercarrier was a paid module.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

Question for online play. The servers that will have that supercarrier would mean that people who did not purchase the module will not be able to join it right? Wont this just divide the playerbase?

Apologies for my ignorance. I did not know that the supercarrier was a paid module.

The carrier has a module, no a addon.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3735513&postcount=178

Ships

Although we released a greatly improved and free Nimitz-class aircraft carrier at the time of the Hornet release, we are also working on a separate Nimitz-class aircraft carrier module. This product will have an incredible level of detail and include such features as a detailed and operable LSO and Air Boss stations, detailed modeling of the hangar, animated deck crew, briefing room, and control of the carrier.

Once this project is complete, the team will finish up the Arleigh Burke-class destroyer and then return to and release the updated Kuznetsov-class aircraft carrier.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4010807&postcount=211

At this time, we have no release date or pricing, but they will be available at our very soonest.

I couldn't care less about what wizz-bang features any carrier comes with. I just want something that actually works and can be used by more than 2-3 players at once. Whichever carrier is the least bug-ridden will be the one I use in my missions. Based on past experience... that will be Heatblur's.

A little early to make such assumptions IMHO.

Supercarrier day one buy.

And appreciate what Heatblur is doing with the Forrestal.

I will use both and whichever suits the mission at the time.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Soooo. Iron Mike said end of the year, wondering if there was an update on that.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

ED said that there will be one on the 18th so if everything goes well, we will have a nice list of chunky updates coming our way.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - UNTOUCHED - ABANDONED

ED said that there will be one on the 18th so if everything goes well, we will have a nice list of chunky updates coming our way.

Yeah about that....

Good news is the Viggen guys got some of the long standing wants, the RAT, pilot model in cockpit, and a new campaign.

Tomcat just got a few bug fixes and RWR additions.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

• 1 month later...

There needs to be a choice to vote "already did" now that it's available for pre-order

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

Will the Forrestal mod have all the supercarrier features? ATC, deck crew, etc.?

Of course not.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

• 5 weeks later...

HB have shown their own deck crew models though and IIRC the ATC is built into the game, as were already have it kinda (incomplete and inconsistent)...

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2