Poll: DCS Supercarrier vs Forrestal

Reflected

Poll: DCS Supercarrier vs Forrestal  

426 members have voted

1. 1. Poll: DCS Supercarrier vs Forrestal

• For sure I will!
    • Nah, the HB carriers will suffice for me.

I will too, not sure about day 1, unless there is a pre-release discount :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Definite purchase, Forrestal will be great but the SuperCarrier and revised ATC are going to take immersion to a whole new level.

As with all things, why not both?

DISCO

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

A-4E | F-5E | F-14B | F/A-18C | AV-8B NA | UH-1H | FC3 | Yak-52 | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA-342

i7 8700K | GTX 1070 Ti | 32GB 3000 DDR4

FAA Comm'l/Instrument, FAST Formation Wingman, Yak-52 Owner/Pilot

theres an f8 coming?

M3 are doing it. don't expect it anytime soon though.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm interested in how the features implied will impact performance.

I love the idea of deck crew etc but fear the game becoming a slide show on all but the most high end hardware.

If a 2080ti becomes a requirement, then it's upgrade time - but Thats a big ask just to have some dude waving his arms.

Take into consideration this pls

Before creating a new aircraft carrier please take into consideration this pls !

The economy and bug of aircraft carriers and boats in DCS : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231381

" The problems in DCS world we have 2 US aircrafts carrier, with one with awful textures!

Both are absolutely bug-filled; spawn bug collision parking location, disincronization bug with space time, bug of the economy, buggy planes that slide by themselves ..

I would have definitely preferred to have only one aircraft carrier for the US and Russia, but 100% operational with HD textures and crew annimation, and above all NO bug

No need for ten aircraft carriers but one that works!!"

1549103014-screen-190202-105856.png

> The bug of the economy is the most terrible!

gr9z.png

> Many bug are still present on the current 3 aircraft carriers and still not fix, some bugs can cause the server crash !!!

THANK YOU

Real War, Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCs1uki5QsyuHUdvtmWJTOg?view_as=subscriber

Real War, Voice Chat: https://discord.gg/UGa3KMe

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't care less about what wizz-bang features any carrier comes with. I just want something that actually works and can be used by more than 2-3 players at once. Whichever carrier is the least bug-ridden will be the one I use in my missions. Based on past experience... that will be Heatblur's.

Before creating a new aircraft carrier please take into consideration this pls !

The economy and bug of aircraft carriers and boats in DCS : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=231381

" The problems in DCS world we have 2 US aircrafts carrier, with one with awful textures!

Both are absolutely bug-filled; spawn bug collision parking location, disincronization bug with space time, bug of the economy, buggy planes that slide by themselves ..

I would have definitely preferred to have only one aircraft carrier for the US and Russia, but 100% operational with HD textures and crew annimation, and above all NO bug

No need for ten aircraft carriers but one that works!!"

1549103014-screen-190202-105856.png

> The bug of the economy is the most terrible!

gr9z.png

> Many bug are still present on the current 3 aircraft carriers and still not fix, some bugs can cause the server crash !!!

THANK YOU

Yeah, DCS definitely needs to debugger all the various carriers. Online the tarwa is useless due to the spawn bug(s), half the time the other carriers have the same issue.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

EDs carrier comes closest to fund game/environment tech directly with the enhanced ATC and deck crew animations and various things like working elevators and such. This could be the testbed to broaden those things for more lively environments like populated busy airfields, and in the case of ATC, this has been stated to be the first push towards a new and proper comms system. S

So yeah, i will get it!

I'm more than sure that people will use the Supercarrier as well, but I would like to be dependent on the Forrestal, mainly because I feel that you should utilize something you paid for. It's going to be a great feature like the Supercarrier, that I am certain of.

Depends on how complete the carrier is when it comes out. It's one thing to buy the carrier, another to have working catapults. Working slots to spawn into. Working arresting wires. They have 2 jets that don't have TWS. One of those jets have been out for over a year. Not a day one purchase for me.

WIN10-64 HOME Ryzen9 3900x 4.0GHZ, 32GB DDR4, RX6800xt, 1TSSD  Reverb G2, F-14 Simpit (WIP)

Virpil Collective 60 head, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals, TM MFDs, 5 Leo Bodnar boards.

• 2 months later...

Absolutely no doubt will be picking up the SuperCarrier Module Day 1. Our entire CSG-1 Naval Community will be doing so as well.

I also very much look forward to the Forrestal Class as well! Hope we see it in 2019! That would be epic

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | ASUS Crosshair Hero X670E | 64GB G Skill Trident Z DDR5 6000 | Nvidia RTX 4090 FE| Samsung EVO Plus 6 TB M.2 PCIe SSDs | TM Hornet Stick/WinWing Hornet Throttle and MIP | VPC T-50 Stick Base | TM TPR Rudder Pedals W/Damper | Varjo Aero/Pimax Crystal

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

Carrier Strike Group One(CSG-1) Discord

I think a better question would have been, will you buy the SC in early access, assuming it's features are as complete as those of the F-16 at time of release.. because in all likelyhood, "release" will mean "early".

As soon as I am convinced SC is at least at the Beta stage, with all major features in place but yet to be totally smoothed out, I will not be buying it. It is a matter of principle, now.

I think a better question would have been, will you buy the SC in early access, assuming it's features are as complete as those of the F-16 at time of release.. because in all likelyhood, "release" will mean "early".

As soon as I am convinced SC is at least at the Beta stage, with all major features in place but yet to be totally smoothed out, I will not be buying it. It is a matter of principle, now.

As long as it floats. And doesn't list too badly. Any my rack isn't on the 03 level. And they promise to get the hot water running to my shower in the next six months.

I have all the mods (I'm missing four campaigns, I think). There are aircraft in my hanger I've never sat in, so you think I'm going to say no to a boat? An old Navy guy like me?

The really irritating part is the Hawk is gone. How am I going to shoot the hanger deck doors without a hawk?