(DDCS) Dynamic DCS Update Thread

Skarp

attachment.php?attachmentid=206103&stc=1&d=1552311850

DDCS Modern 3.0 Changelog

attachment.php?attachmentid=206104&stc=1&d=1552311993

Big update just rolled out for DDCS Modern server. The goal of this update was to make helicopters great again, remove some of the logistical pain points, bring some western strike aircraft to red team, and increase the fog of war by adding more avenues of approach to objectives.

Change details:

• A-10C, Harrier, Huey and Gazelle now available on Red

• Viggen, Ka-50, Mi-8 now on available Blue

• 47 new Capture points added to the map, these act as helicopter spawn points and slinging locations but have no defensive units spawned automatically. To capture you must kill the enemy CC there and build your own. Most of these are 20nm (40km) apart to make helicopter flights and ground unit battles less of a chore.

• More slots added to smaller airfields (Gelendzhik, Nalchik, Batumi)

• F-14 placeholder slots added for the release on the 13th

• Defensive units now can now spawn farther away from a base in "Outskirts" areas, do not expect every SAM and AAA unit to be located on the airfield.

• Base spawned long range SAM radars will repair after set amount of time. You must destroy all the launchers to kill the site.

• The Carrier group is now farther away from the shore (~90nm), the LHA Tarowa is now set up closer to the shore (~50nm). They are currently removed but will be back for the f14 release.

• Dedicated server mode enabled and IS working

Be aware a lot of changes have happened at once and issues may occur. Remember to report these with reproduction steps if able. The standardized radio frequencies presets are coming later, we first want to sort out any issues with the current changes before we go process those

Huge thanks to all my admins for helping push out this massive amount of effort in short order, @Red Teufel @Quaggles @Lt.Hicks @[16AGR] Aries144. This is the start of the joint efforts for a much better game. (there are still pressing changes that we will get to in short order), Have Fun!

Join our Guilded Server https://www.guilded.gg/i/4k134RlE

Update 03/23/2019

• E2 AWACS added to red side

• F14 life points now in effect

• F14 restricted to 4 Phoenix missiles

• Ships are in and working

• Multicrew prompt now working

• Added French DDCS server manual

• Granted several more tac commander role access

806691417_DDCSbanner.thumb.jpg.7ce40fb87cbd97c8721c9305c1bdae38.jpg

Screen_190226_090844.thumb.png.6e20125119bc678e74f1b8c3d154cf11.png

Edited by Skarp

;3832358']Has the caustic nature of the discord been addressed? The openly racist and hostile types show the exit?

While I applaud any improvements to the server and acknowledge the hard work involved with running it, it was not a professional or welcoming environment.

I'd love to give it another chance.

I got banned from their discord for pointing it out, lol.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

The DDCS discord channel now has admins to keep things clean and fun. Nothing is perfect but it’s much more welcoming now.

I recently heard otherwise, Tamper back to his usual racist BS, admins banning mention of a youtuber (the name of which I don't know at the moment) creating a hostile environment and even punishing new players for not being "competitive"

Oh and Drex continuing his whiny rants about ED not appreciating him enough.

Sounds like a pretty terrible place honestly.

"Chops"

DDCS is horrible, I was banned from there as well. I tried to speak out multiple times about people being absolute sh*theads in the server and being offensive. I was banned for it. The discord is a cancer, full of people who love to hate on newbies. The people on there are also racist and very offensive.

On top of that, the server has been running like crap, and overpowered SAM defenses are spammed everywhere, making the gameplay and progress painfully slow and boring.

DDCS is horrible, I was banned from there as well. I tried to speak out multiple times about people being absolute sh*theads in the server and being offensive. I was banned for it. The discord is a cancer, full of people who love to hate on newbies. The people on there are also racist and very offensive.

On top of that, the server has been running like crap, and overpowered SAM defenses are spammed everywhere, making the gameplay and progress painfully slow and boring.

I'm not an admin, but I was there when you were banned - you were initially banned because, after getting shot down in your F-15, you switched sides, jumped in an SU-25 and rammed people starting up (which was caught on video: https://streamable.com/wt3l6). The second ban seems to have come because you impersonated an admin and threatened another user with being banned if they didn't change their nickname.

Two sides to every story and all that.

Edited by backspace340

I honestly don't get why you guys keep doing this, lol.

The admins have been moderating the server oh so well, Discord is flourishing, there's been NO racism (being a minority i have a vested interest in the absence of it), and nobody's been hurtful in their speech, and are always helpful.

I've been following this "drama" for months now.

Seriously - YOU go out of your way to talk smack about a server you get banned from, or have never played on...

Because Drex irked you moons ago?

It's pitiful and sad. The man made a great damn server. Period.

This is the only server I play on. And I only go to others during it's down time (which is few and far between).

New players - come play the server, come join the server, and see it for yourself. You won't be disappointed!

#SHAMELESSPLUG

-Strilan

i7 8700k, MSI RTX 2080 Ti (SLI), 64GB RAM

I've been flying this server for some time. For months I flew without a mic. That always bothered me. I've been criticized a few times, but the staff has always been patient. Another thing. It is obvious that it is advisable to make flights together as it helps the team and also helps in their survival (in real life no fighter takes off without wing on a mission). However, you can choose to fly alone and do your individual quest. The staff gets angry when you decide to fly alone (without being logged in the "Discord" or "SRS" without hearing your allies) and still leaves killing the staff of your team. If you do, you will be banned from any other server. "Help me help you." Other than that, I've often seen older people helping the younger ones with their doubts. The secret is the new people on the server "know how to get there", calmly, without much "energy", after all, you have to give the older staff time on the server to know you better.

LOMAC, FC, DCS, AV-8B, F/A-18, F-16, AH-64, Super Carrier, Persian Gulf, Syria.

i7 12700K, 4070 Ti PNY XLR8 OC, 64 RAM DDR4 3200, B660M Aorus Pro, 1T NVMe Kingston Fury Renegade (DCS), 1T NVMe Kingston NV2 (OS), ASUS QHD 31,5" VG32VQ1B, VKB Gladiator Pro (metal gimbal) + Kosmosima grip, CH Pro Throttle, TIR 5.

DDCS Update:

1. Admins now have gamemaster (can do their job better)

2. 2nd cockpit permission prompt now works

3. caught up on jtac/GCI requests, if you have something other than a green checkmark, see me (most likely I couldn't find your name)

4. discord has been cleaned up a bit

5. new French translated manual (if you want to do one in your language, you have my full permission!)

Will be working on MrComms checker soon, you will need to be at least in discord to play here and your name matching you're in game name. This server values teamwork, lone wolfs are not the focus

Building a PR team for this server, if your good at making movies, getting the word out about the type of awesome stuff that happens here let me know.

Also want to let all the new pilots that we do have a Patreon, I am trying to figure out better benefits for the tiers currently, I just added a perk to the $5 tier like quicker access to jtac when you request it (for these we have to go out of our way), rather than wait for the next process batch - https://www.patreon.com/dynamicdcs (the entire hardware of the modern server has been paid by Patreon)

Our admins have been working out really well, @Red Teufel put in all these FARPs which fixed the helicopter attack game, @Quaggles has been throwing me snippets of code, great insight, and will have DB access soon to help me with that(prob tonight) and will be helping and the whole admin team has been keeping the discord a lot more clean and friendly, so I would say progress (but not without its pain points), So thanks to @[16AGR] Aries144 @Red Teufel @Quaggles @Lt.Hicks

Anyone that wants to contribute to the DDCS cloud server engine, the code has been Open Sourced, you can create PRs with fixes or new feature enhancements, I will be working on how to set up the dev environment for this system (its lacking documentation currently) - you can finally see the insanity that is DDCS - https://github.com/afinegan/DynamicDCS

I believe opening it up is the only way to really see what true potential this system can have!

New idea to speed the whole sim up, will give you more details as they come out (along with the longs or all the capture points having 1 FARP pad and all spawn on the ground, gets rid of a lot of non-necessary units)

As for the people who use to play here, you need to come back and try the server again, I think you will be quite presently surprised!

Developer of DDCS MP Engine, dynamicdcs.com

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=208608

I don't understand very well this server when we talk about AWACS in red side. Last time with Su-25T in red side I asked as crazy to AWACS enemy position and never responded.

At the same time the blue F-18 seem to have AWACS all good and they switch on the radar very close to shot down enemy giving you short time to scape.

I was trying do the same with a RU fighter to CAP the area but the AWACS never responded but they seem to have the AWACS for them working.

What I need to do to get a good response from AWACS in red side as the F-18 do in blue side?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AWACS/GCI may not up all the time.

If the E-2/A-50 is shot down, you won’t get BRA calls. If the early warning long/short range radars are destroyed, you won’t get calls.

Check in with other players when you join and ask about the status of these systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is not the case. I see the track and the E-2 AWACS was on the air. Also the server is bringing a weaker AWACS for red side. When the enemy do low flight out 150km and turn a little this E-2 will not detect anything. I mean I am not new in DCS. Red side should have A-50 AWACS.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Is not the case. I see the track and the E-2 AWACS was on the air. Also the server is bringing a weaker AWACS for red side. When the enemy do low flight out 150km and turn a little this E-2 will not detect anything. I mean I am not new in DCS. Red side should have A-50 AWACS.

There is a bug for the awaks . We are working on it. EWRs work for both sides well.

• 2 weeks later...

I might try it again if it's been cleaned up although I'm skeptical. Last time I played was probably 6 months ago but just got sick and tired of the terrible behaviour of some of the regulars. If they are still active I suspect it hasn't changed much

While discord seems like a good idea and it does promote coordination it also allows for really toxic behaviour . Srs as the primary comms in the server might actually go a long way to fixing this

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Edited by jimiC

I might try it again if it's been cleaned up although I'm skeptical. Last time I played was probably 6 months ago but just got sick and tired of the terrible behaviour of some of the regulars. If they are still active I suspect it hasn't changed much

While discord seems like a good idea and it does promote coordination it also allows for really toxic behaviour . Srs as the primary comms in the server might actually go a long way to fixing this

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I’m confused you comment here claiming it’s toxic terrible behavior when you could of spent a minute to hop on discord or the server to see for yourself. Show me this toxic behavior you speak of.

Im not sure what's confusing about that

I've spent many hours on the discord and the server

so i speak with plenty of experience

It's still in my list and I scroll through it periodically

Like I said I'll check it out again but I'm not convinced its changed (3 mates report it's the same old same old having played the last couple weeks )

What is also odd is srs is required ( good thing) but everyone sits in discord anyway including the gci .

Edited by jimiC

Im not sure what's confusing about that

I've spent many hours on the discord and the server

so i speak with plenty of experience

It's still in my list and I scroll through it periodically

Like I said I'll check it out again but I'm not convinced its changed (3 mates report it's the same old same old having played the last couple weeks )

What is also odd is srs is required ( good thing) but everyone sits in discord anyway including the gci .

Well give it a shot. Hopefully sometimes this week we will push our performance update to the mission.

The DCS community, like any online community, can be toxic as hell, and the DDCS server is no exception, but your experience is likely about timing. There are some really great regulars on there. It's by far the best pervasive, campaign-like server there is.

• Like 1

New DDCS Update

attachment.php?attachmentid=209282&stc=1&d=1556160174

New DDCS Update 4/24/2019

We are pleased with how much fun the community has been having on the server from the last major mission update. We made helicopters great again! Over the past month we addressed balance, performance, and polishing the mission. Below is the mission change log

• JTAC unit: limited to 1 per person

• Forward Observer slots added (no perms required)

• Ship spawns for the AV8B and Su33 are still bugged (ed bug)

• Increased f18 and f14 slots to 6 on the carriers

• Increased f18 slots across the board

• Unique callsigns added to aircraft relying on BRA calls

• U.S. Frigate added to protect the fleets.

• Naming convention change for Farps: Main Operating Base (MOB) and Forward Operating Base (FOB)

• The number of pads has been decreased on the map to improve player/server performance (over 50 players including units moving and no rubber banding!)

• Weapon restrictions have been lifted except for nukes. Remember there is a cost to what you carry.

Why we lifted the weapon restrictions. We believe the restriction of only 2 aim120s limited options for the f18s/f15s and hampered their ability to hold ground once dominating the airspace. We will continue to watch closely, and balance accordingly based on player feedback. Balance is a hot topic so if you are going to comment about it keep it constructive and respectful. A flame filled rant about balance will get no attention from us.

The Future of DDCS

The main features of DDCS Modern are now complete and it’s time to look into the future and see what else we can do to grow and bring the community even more fun. We will be putting focus back into our Bush war server and have you guys/ladies get your monies worth out of your cold war era aircraft. If you have any feature ideas please let us know on our Join our Guilded Server https://www.guilded.gg/i/4k134RlE

Screen_190421_015026.thumb.png.367172c1946403520d22dece90e761d9.png

Edited by Skarp