Heatblur A-6 Intruder

So while it seems like it is going to be AI for now, Cobra said that subject to a license agreement, they hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full DCS module.

I would love to see an Intruder in DCS & the model looks amazing so far.

I am sort of surprised though since I thought RAZBAM was planning to do an A-6.

Either way my hype level just shot way up!

Edited by Dr.SquirrelBoy12
fixed youtube link
  • Like 1

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

Awesome! I simply love the Intruder and it will be the perfect buddy for the Tomcat.

Of course this is not really a surprise, the signs were just plain obvious to anyone that cared to pay attention :)

LNS will do an AI A-6E Intruder initially to flesh out the scenario and later make it flyable, profiting from their experience with ground mapping radar and multi-crew.

Now where do I get my cookie?

Edited by MBot

Makes sense, you need more than a Tomcat to fill the deck of an aircraft carrier from 70's-90's.

Though I wonder which one will come first, this one or the Draken AI that was announced a year ago. :)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

Plenty of CAW options to populate Carriers with Intruders, Tomcats and Hornets at the same time and hystorical period.

This is Navy Operations Heaven.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

From Hoggit by Cobra

Furthering our commitment to trying to provide a full and rich experience to the community, and in line with our module development priorities, we’ve decided to introduce the A-6E and KA-6 as free AI units into DCS World shortly following the release of the F-14 Tomcat!

The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full DCS module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind.

In the meantime, the AI Intruders will serve a critical role in the F-14 campaigns and provide an additional level of authenticity to the game and simulation battlespace environment. The A-6’s are built to our extremely exacting standards, with laser scanning forming the basis of our core workflow and ensuring complete accuracy in shape and dimensions. In-game, the KA-6 will provide the player with texaco services while the A-6E will serve as a venerable strike partner with an unmatched payload - good friends to have in the cockpit of an F-14.

Thanks as always for your support. We look forward to sharing much more!

Wow! Talk about being caught off guard. Iron hand is kinda my thing!

Specs:

Fractal Design Define R5 Black, ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E, Intel Core i5-8600K Coffee Lake @ 5.1 GHz, MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X, Corsair H110i, G.Skill TridentZ 32GB (2x16GB), Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB SSD

Wait a second...

Wasn't Razbam producing an A-6 Intruder too? Although they seem to be keen on dispersing in multiple projects, placing others down the list, I'm pretty sure I saw something about an Intruder.

"The natural function of the wing is to soar upwards and carry that which is heavy up to the place where dwells the race of gods.

More than any other thing that pertains to the body it partakes of the nature of the divine." — Plato, Phaedrus.

WOW it's really a great news because I'm a great fan of the Intruder, it's my favorite plane...

A future great module like Viggen and F-14. Congratulation +1

A-6 or other project has not "exclusive" by a 3rd party. Remember the old L-39 Patriot team and ED L-39 projects or the IRIS / RAZBAM F-15Es

Maybe we will get an A-6E from Heatblur and an A-6C from RAZBAM or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd suggest EA-6B Prowler but I dont think EWAR in DCS has a high enough fidelity to make it viable to base a module around it.

Modules: FC3, A-10C, M2000C, MiG-21bis, F-86F, AV-8B NA, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, F-16C, F-15E, F-4E, A-29, Eurofighter Typhoon, A-6E, MiG-23MLA, Nevada, Persian Gulf, South Atlantic, Syria, Afghanistan

Specs: Intel i7 2600K, Nvidea GTX 980, 16GB RAM, NVMe SSD, Saitek X-55, TrackIR 5, Samsung Odyssey VR

the A-6 is probably my favorite plane ever. great news on the possibility to develop it as a full module!

the a-6 has very interesting avionics. i'll hope we would get a mid-tier a-6 which has all the good stuff, but still maintains most of it's 60s charme and quirks.

also it should at least somewhat match the f-14 A/B's timeframe...

Maybe we will get an A-6E from Heatblur and an A-6C from RAZBAM or something. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I'd suggest EA-6B Prowler but I dont think EWAR in DCS has a high enough fidelity to make it viable to base a module around it.

For a EA-6B Prowler, need rebuild all DCS ECM/ECCM and implement new jammer technology and interference protocols to use them into ED core.

For a EA-6B Prowler, need rebuild all DCS ECM/ECCM and implement new jammer technology and interference protocols to use them into ED core.

Exactly, and I would be pretty sure most of the information around Electronic Warfare is classified to where it would be hard to implement in DCS.

Wait a second...

Wasn't Razbam producing an A-6 Intruder too? Although they seem to be keen on dispersing in multiple projects, placing others down the list, I'm pretty sure I saw something about an Intruder.

No one has the rights to make the module until ED gives them a license. Even HB could still have the rug pulled out from under them. Until ED signs on the dotted line, there's no guarantee HB will even deliver a flyable A-6 module at all.

Here's hoping they allow us to turn the A-6E into the KA-6D even if only rudimentary. After all, most, KA-6Ds where re-purposed A-6E.

Caveat:

Yes there are stark differences between the two, that doesn't change my desire for them to make it possible.

Win 10 Pro 64Bit | 49" UWHD AOC 5120x1440p | AMD 5900x | 64Gb DDR4 | RX 6900XT

The last news Razbam gave on the A-6 was a while back, now with the whole Falkland's theatre going on and the aircraft they want to make for that, I wouldn't be surprised if we see Heatblur produce the module since Razbam has their plate quite full, either way, whoever (if) makes the module, I'm sure it will be great.

I was inverted B)