*** AI J-35 Draken AI coming to DCS World!! ***

Cobra847

On 5/27/2021 at 11:17 AM, Cobra847 said:

Just a short update on this; we've just procured the last of our required scans to finally finish the AI draken and will be fixing errors introduced last year due to insufficient data. We'll update you ASAP on the progress of the aircraft!

only almost a year since this... any news at all?

Edited by Baco
  • Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Semor76 said:

Any news,or is this project dead?

Let's see:

Five years have passed.

Tthe developer's ownership has changed.

At that time, the Viggen was the only module Hetblur had, nowadays they have the very sucessful Tomcat and everyone is waiting on their Eurofighter and Phantom.

So ... yeah, I'd say this project is not currently being worked on.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

1 hour ago, Rudel_chw said:

-Snip-

I know,I know.

My post was rather meant provocative to maybe trigger one of the Dev's with it.

Seems like I was not that successful. 😇

forum.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A sign of life! :worthy:

image.png

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 6

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

8 minutes ago, ironhard said:

Shouldn't they be focused on finishing the F-4?

Actually, I expect them to be able to do both: develop new modules, and maintain current ones. I’m glad that HB didnt forget items that were promised.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Actually, I expect them to be able to do both: develop new modules, and maintain current ones. I’m glad that HB didnt forget items that were promised.

It's just an AI aircraft, not a module.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

It's just an AI aircraft, not a module.

It's a part of the Viggen Module ... same as the SA Assets Pack is part of the SA Map and the Forrestal is part of the F-14 Module (even tough anyone can use it, not just the Tomcat owners)

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

It's a part of the Viggen Module ... same as the SA Assets Pack is part of the SA Map and the Forrestal is part of the F-14 Module (even tough anyone can use it, not just the Tomcat owners)

If it's part of the DCS Core and thus available to eveyone without having to purchase a module, then it's not part of the module. I guess you can say it's part of the project then 😉

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

If it's part of the DCS Core and thus available to eveyone without having to purchase a module, then it's not part of the module.

When Heatblur was promoting the Tomcat, the Forrestal was cited as a feature of the product, on the other hand the DCS Core is a product of Eagle Dynamics, so please lets keep things straight and honor the actual developer ... so, to me the Forrestal is part of the Tomcat module, even if it is available free of charge for everyone, same as Razbam has made with the SA Assets Pack, which is free for all users.

1 hour ago, QuiGon said:

If it's part of the DCS Core and thus available to eveyone without having to purchase a module, then it's not part of the module. I guess you can say it's part of the project then 😉

Some remarks:
- South Atlantic assets has into CoreMods/tech directory, outside SA map.
- Dekka chinesse pack has into CoreMod/aircraft direcory, outside JF-17
- Heatblur the forrestal has into the Coremod/aircraft/F-14 module directory
- RAZBAM Tarawa/KC-135/KC-130 has into Coremod/aircraft/AV-8B directory
Someone has defined as outside module and othes has defined into module, but has open to all by definitions.

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

Someone has defined as outside module and othes has defined into module, but has open to all by definitions.

To me, file location is irrelevant .. if a DCS update produces a bug on the Forrestal, or the Tarawa, or the Invincible, or the Type 071 chinese ship, who fixes the Bug: ED or the third party?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

To me, file location is irrelevant .. if a DCS update produces a bug on the Forrestal, or the Tarawa, or the Invincible, or the Type 071 chinese ship, who fixes the Bug: ED or the third party?

3rd party content need fixed by the creator, no by ED. ED can help, but dont have the sources to working on them.

1 hour ago, Silver_Dragon said:

3rd party content need fixed by the creator, no by ED. ED can help, but dont have the sources to working on them.

Yes, that's what I imagined ... so, to me this fact confirms that all these assets are actually assets provided by the 3rd party Module, irrespective if they decided to allow free use by everyone or not.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

To me, file location is irrelevant ..

Same for me. For me it's relevant if you have to buy a module to use an asset or if it's part of the free DCS World.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

20 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

For me it's relevant if you have to buy a module to use an asset or if it's part of the free DCS World.

Yeah, that's highly relevant if you join or create a mission for community unless you only play SP and own everything.

I'm against asset packs - luckily the WWII one does not affect me much and the others are now just put into the core :thumbup:

This whole ED vs 3rd party mess is confusing for DCS customers esp. regarding bug reports. "It's not on us, it's their module" is unprofessional - we shouldn't even know who's child it is - just deal with it, get it fixed, don't use excuses - it's internal job between ED and 3rd parties.

• Like 3

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Meanwhile the free AI units has part of a ED / 3rd module, that has been instaled  on CoreMods directories into DCS core directories. The Mods directories has the zone when the "pilotable" module has been instaled from the module manager. Normaly AI ED/3rd party units coming form DCS Updates, previouly to a module instalation by module manager.