Militariy Aircraft Mod

New version Uploaded:

v1.3 - C-5 Galaxy Model & texture improvements

P-3 new Liveries added

Thanks a lot, really appreciated .. hope you will add more items to this pack, maybe some for the red side :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Wonderful work. :)

Any chance you've got a C-17 hidden somewhere? It and the S-3 may be the two ugliest AI models left from the old days.

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

I dont use the standard RoughMet textures, they appear far too bright for my taste, so I create a RoughMet from the basic skin and tone that down(or up) to adjust the glare, its not really a bug as such.

If you use my Liveries as they are in the latest update that should not be an issue.

None of my Liveries change the stock MAM_C5_Galaxy_B.dds file, they all use the same file that is in the Main Textures folder, as you can see from the description files in each Livery, the attribute is set to 'true'.

{"MAM_C5_Galaxy", 1, "MAM_C5_Galaxy_B",true},

I didnt create that file, it was created by the guys making the model, in 3dmax, and I learned long ago not to mess with bump files too much, the outcomes are never quite what you want, especially with older models such as this.

If you change the attributes of that file it will make things appear very differently on the flying model, which is what you appear to have done. So my next question is why are you changing that file to make it darker, I don't understand what you are trying to achieve by that ?

Can you explain what it is you are trying to do and I might be able to advise another option, but changing the stock bump file isnt going to be high on my list of recommendations.

Okay, your right, I didnt understand what you were saying, sorry. This is well beyond my area of expertise, I know nothing about 3dmax, I dont own or have access to it, I just make up skins and livery packs from what I am given to work with.

I have asked the guys who made/converted this model to look at your posts and respond.

PS - Thank you for your link, I had not seen that, I will use it in future if I can.

Edited by crazyeddie

I have passed your concerns on to cpdkobra and blacklibrary already, they should respond soon.

I am not part of the model construction/conversion process, I know nothing about any of that. I am not sure you could call me part of any team as such, I do things mostly for myself and am happy to pass them on to other 'teams' if they find them useful.

These Mods (CAM and MAM) are essentially just eye candy items to add to the game and the quality is not intended to be up to that of a Core Mod aircraft as I understand it. Your expectations may be a bit too high, but they will help you I'm sure.

I have always found bump files to be a pain in the ass, but I do like what you did with your Mod, very interesting and very useful. Sorry I did not really understand what you were doing to start with, but I'm with you now.

Thank you, once again, for this mod, outstanding !

A question, or idea about the Greyhound : do you think it would be possible to add some weapons inside, so not visible, like Sparrow or Phoenix, in order to use this aircraft as a warehouse - carrier - resuplier ?

Like in this video :

${1}

Excellent stuff. Been thinking that DCS should have a COD for ages, but adding an Orion to the pack is just the icing on the cake!

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

new Version Online:

v1.4 - C-5 default skin fixed & Model improvements

fixed C-2 and P-3 sinking in to the ground

Link see first post

@banana888999 - This mod is for AI only. nothing planed to make them driveable. sorry

Edited by BlackLibrary

Do the models have lower level LODs as well?

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

Any idea of other models you might be planning if you can find them? There's a few more birds that don't appear to be on anyone's development radar that would help fill out the carrier environment back to the 80s:

A-7E Corsair II

F-4N or F-4S Phantom

SH-3 Sea King

I think the C-1 Provider maybe was still around in the 80s? With the Forrestal family and the A-6 and KA-6 coming down the pipe the 80s and onwards USN would be pretty well represented if we could get some more of the above.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]

:music_whistling:

cbd6b251ddf6t.jpg

301106520dcdt.jpg

Oh my.

I thought I'd heard there was an A-7E around but it seemed there was a reason it wasn't mentioned openly here. But would definitely love to see it since they were in use right up to the Gulf War alongside the F-14B and F/A-18.

Heatblur Rivet Counting Squad™

VF-11 and VF-31 1988 [WIP]

VF-201 & VF-202 [WIP]