SUPER hornet!?

Huilque151

Hello guys,

Have you ever planned on developing the Multi crew version of the Super Hornet?

I mean, who better than you to develop multicrew modules or not?

Please say YES! regardss :helpsmilie:

I'd love to see a Super Hornet one day as well. It's the Navy's only fighter aircraft!

And I'd love for them to release both the single-seat E- and two-seat F-variants.

It is a great idea, but atm we have no such plans. Please do not get your hopes up high, it is just very very unlikely, but we will take your suggestion aboard of course.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I'd really love to see a full fidelity SU-27S Flanker as an era accurate counterpart for the Tomcat. Nice and mostly analogue bird as well.

EDIT: And that's only if Heatblur did it, any other dev. and I'm not interested. ;)

Edited by Airhunter

Lol we don't even have enough official data on the Super Tomcat because its classified af doubt we'll see a Rhino in the next decade

We have a legacy Hornet (Lot20) - a Block I SUper Hornet isn't much different from that. Just bigger engines, more fuel and bigger airframe. Same radar and generally the same systems. Classification has little to do with how recent something is (generally).

• 3 weeks later...

It would be especially nice to eventually have F/A-18E/F in the future for after "top gun 2"

But what it would also be nice is EA-6B or E/A-18 electronic warfare

I know heatblur have no plans for this yet but they are the ones that have the systems like jester and a-6 much more to bring to DCS the right way I fear if other where to do the same we'd have to manage everything on those planes by seat hoping oh have it simplified to be overpowered or not effective

Edited by Cypher1o1

We have a legacy Hornet (Lot20) - a Block I SUper Hornet isn't much different from that. Just bigger engines, more fuel and bigger airframe. Same radar and generally the same systems. Classification has little to do with how recent something is (generally).

The different engine alone results in different performance. Interior avionics are different as well.

It would be especially nice to eventually have F/A-18E/F in the future for after "top gun 2"

But what it would also be nice is EA-6B or E/A-18 electronic warfare

I know heatblur have no plans for this yet but they are the ones that have the systems like jester and a-6 much more to bring to DCS the right way I fear if other where to do the same we'd have to manage everything on those planes by seat hoping oh have it simplified to be overpowered or not effective

After Top Gun 2 is released, you know interest in the Super Hornet will explode among DCS fans! And when the Block III variant enters service, that demand will skyrocket to Mars.

I would be very happy to see any variant of the Superhornet in dcs. I think pilots (irl) generally suggest that the legacy c models are more enjoyable to fly. For me the E/F & Growler just have an awesome look. Massive LEX's more fuel, more bombs, a bigger bad ass Navy Jet.

Heatblurs Tomcat is increadible. And the recent Viper is shaping nicely. But the Hornet was a game changing arrival. I'd just love more of that, accepting that ED probably can't access the materials they'd need to do it justice (yet?)

Roll on the Intruder...

Lol we don't even have enough official data on the Super Tomcat because its classified af doubt we'll see a Rhino in the next decade

I mean, based on typical DCS development timelines If they started work today that would probably still be the case.:megalol:

• 1 year later...

I'm new to this forum, so this is a new topic to me; is DCS ever going to get the E/F variant of the F18? I see people trying to give answers, but I'm not sure they are aware that there is a difference between the aircraft. Just curious, I worked on the Super when I was a plane captain in the Navy, so I think it would bee a cool addition for some of us. Picture included as reference.

Hornet vs Super hornet.jpg

• Like 3

• ED Team

Hi,

welcome to the forum, It is not in our plans sorry. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

IIRC, VRSim still has the exclusive rights from Boeing on the Rhino. But don't quote me on that.

i7 - 9700K | 32 GB DDR4 3200 | RTX 2080 | VKB Gunfighter Mk II /w MCG Pro | Virpil T-50CM2 Throttle | TrackIR 5 | VKB Mk. IV

AJS-37 | A/V-8B | A-10C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-18C | F-86F | FC3 | JF-17 | Ka-50 | L-39 | Mi-8 | MiG-15bis | MiG-19 | MiG-21bis | M2000-C | P-51D | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H

3 hours ago, Mellonomathegreat said:

Aww bummer... Thanks anyway! I wonder if there would ever be a way to implement the maintainers side of things into DCS. Carrier ops for us was pretty crazy too lol.

Give them 5-8 years 🙂 It will make it to DCS eventually, one way or another. The Legacy hornet was released for DCS not too long ago, so it's just unrealistic for ED to unvail the Super out of nowhere.

Edited by BarTzi
  • Like 1