RS Mapper Release - Page 16 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-13-2019, 07:19 PM   #151
jnr4817

Anyone got a huey profile with trackir and hotas warthog, they'd like to share???

Come join us!
jnr4817 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #152
Baldawg

Default Ejection command not working

May be a long shot but hopefully there is a solution

I switched to RS mapper from Joy2key due to windows not allowing my eject command (Lctrl eee) to work when i pul the ejection handle in my pit.
Now RS mapper is doing the same thing across all modules in DCS.

I am able to pull the handle 3 times consecutively to eject but obviously this isn't realistic. ive tried setting it as a long press as well to no effect. i have also tried changing the key in DCS to just E and resetting RS Mapper without the modifier to no avail either.

below is what i have:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	63
Size:	59.0 KB
ID:	221290  
DSD 64
TM Warthog HOTAS
TM Cougar MFD'sx3
TM RCS w/toe brakes mod
Saitek Radiox2

Last edited by Baldawg; 11-17-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Baldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:02 PM   #153
Avantar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldawg View Post
May be a long shot but hopefully there is a solution

I switched to RS mapper from Joy2key due to windows not allowing my eject command (Lctrl eee) to work when i pul the ejection handle in my pit.
Now RS mapper is doing the same thing across all modules in DCS.

I am able to pull the handle 3 times consecutively to eject but obviously this isn't realistic. ive tried setting it as a long press as well to no effect. i have also tried changing the key in DCS to just E and resetting RS Mapper without the modifier to no avail either.

below is what i have:
I believe your best shot would be using sequences feature. There you can add specific interval you need for press / pause sequence to work. Due to some updates in DCS cockpits sometimes different press lengths are needed for DCS to register properly (seen this mostly in F/A-18 cockpit development - whenever they changed something some feature would not register regular key press).

I am sure that if you play around the duration / spacing of the key presses in Sequence editor it will work just fine
Old 11-26-2019, 07:18 PM   #154
Lange_666

Send a message via ICQ to Lange_666

Hi Avatar, i just stumbled over your nice little RS Mapper and i'm experimenting with it.
But i did ran into a little problem which i can't solve (or might work differently as i think it does).
I'm using Cougar's Foxy for my programming where the S3 button on the Cougar (button 3 in RS Mapper) acts as a shift button to program another action under the same button.

Reading through the forum this needs to be done in RS Mapper with a profile change. However, i can't get it to work as i would like it to be, namely act as a true shift button like can be done with Foxy.

To do this i have 2 profiles, "DCS A-10C" and "DCS A-10C S3". Profile "DCS A-10C" is the non shifted action, profile "DCS A-10C S3" is shifted action.
For this i programmed button 3 to act as profile changer. On single press i change the profile to profile "DCS A-10C S3". Works fine.

But i also programmed button 3 to change it back to profile "DCS A-10C" on release.
This doesn't work (or i made a mistake). To make it change back to profile DCS A-10C i have to release button 3 (which then does nothing however it's programmed to change profile back to "DCS A-10C" on release), press it again (which then does nothing because pressing it changes to profile "DCS A-10C S3" and i'm already on profile "DCS A-10C S3"), release it a second time and only then it changes the profile to "DCS A-10C" again.

Is it normal that it doesn't change back to profile "DCS A-10C" on releasing the button for the first time?

System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, CPU: I7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Cooling: Corsair H100i, Motherboard: AsRock Extreme4, Video: ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, RAM: 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400, SSD's: Samsung EVO 120GB & EVO 250GB, HD: Samsung 1TB, Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Cougar (U2 mod) & CH Pro pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.
Personal Wish List: F-16 (it has arrived ), A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module!

Last edited by Lange_666; 11-26-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Lange_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 02:03 AM   #155
MemphisBelle

Send a message via MSN to MemphisBelle

I think you misunderstand the function of profiles. Once you single click S3 to change to another Profile, so that new Profile is a blank new one. Thus you need to create a new Button (S3) on that profile page in order to change back to the first Profile.

This is how I did it with 3 Profiles on my HOTAS Warthog (Boat Switch serves as Profile selector)

The middle Position is the "default" Profile which I simply haven´t renamed) and I need to move the Boat Switch in the forward position to change to my Combat Profile:

To change back in to the default Position, I have to move the Boat Switch back to the middle Position

To change to the Start up Position I have to move the Boat Switch into the backward position

DCS-Tutorial-Collection
Specs:: ASrock Z370 extreme 4; Intel i5 8600K @3,6Ghz; 32GB DDR4 RAM; GTX 1080 @8GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 3x SSD 850 EVO 250 GB + 3 TB HDD
Hardware: Oculus Rift + Touch; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals
MemphisBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 03:45 PM   #156
Lange_666

Send a message via ICQ to Lange_666

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisBelle View Post
I think you misunderstand the function of profiles. Once you single click S3 to change to another Profile, so that new Profile is a blank new one. Thus you need to create a new Button (S3) on that profile page in order to change back to the first Profile.

No i did not, i just thought it would work a bit differently.
I did create 2 profiles with each their own button 3 but i thought that if i press button 3 in profile 1, when it would switch to profile 2 (which it does) it would there pick up the already pressed button 3 and act again on the release of this button to switch back to profile 1. But you need to release and press again to make that work.
System: Win10 Pro 64-bit, CPU: I7-4770K @ 4.5 GHz, Cooling: Corsair H100i, Motherboard: AsRock Extreme4, Video: ASUS Strix 1080Ti OC 11GB, RAM: 32 GB DDR3 G.Skill 2400, SSD's: Samsung EVO 120GB & EVO 250GB, HD: Samsung 1TB, Monitor: Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Cougar (U2 mod) & CH Pro pedals, TrackIR4, Oculus Rift S.
Personal Wish List: F-16 (it has arrived ), A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module!
Lange_666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 07:31 AM   #157
Olmba

Amazing and well written tool..

Suddenly it was something that came along that make SRS & VAICOM work together in the UH1..

Great work, thanks..

Last edited by Olmba; 12-03-2019 at 08:52 AM.
Olmba is offline   Reply With Quote