*** AI J-35 Draken AI coming to DCS World!! ***

Cobra847

Short answer: stuff just takes time, we're not doubling back on anything. But we want to get some of the more important stuff done first:

Bug fixing - TWS Auto - Jester Lantirn - FM completion - new assetts, Forrestal and A version, then all the rest of the smaller stuff + new AI. kinda like that-ish, we sometimes have to adjust.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4041158#post4041158

Seems that the AI is last on the list. I am personally waiting for the KA-6 AI

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4041158#post4041158

Seems that the AI is last on the list. I am personally waiting for the KA-6 AI

Another two years till we have the Draken then.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

• 1 month later...

My fav jet fighter ever. I believe sooner or later it will became a full module in DCS.

It was the first fighter to perform cobra maneuver.

It had 30 degrees reclined flight seat increasing pilot's G tolerance like an F-16.

It used Infra Red Search and Track seeker for passive attack.

All that in 1960s.

Edited by bies

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
always loved the look of the draken, i think it was a fast airplane too wasnt it?

Very much so! The Draken's official top speed is mach 2, but I've heard it said that nobody really knew how fast it would go because it would run out of fuel before it stopped accelerating.

There are currently two airworthy Drakens in Sweden, being operated by the Swedish Air Force Historic Flight. I was fortunate enough to pay them a visit this past week to shoot the two Drakens for an upcoming book. And what magnificent aircraft they are - I really hope Heatblur decide to go all out and give us a full fidelity Draken.

• 1 month later...

It's almost 3 years after its announcement now and still no sign of it in DCS yet and that's just an AI aircraft :(

I understand that the Draken is probably not the highest priority for HB, but if it gets pushed back for other items to be worked on all the time it will never get finished...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

The last info about them:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4062564&postcount=1

There is more that we’ve not touched on in this update (e.g. J-35 AI) - but we’ll be sounding off through updates and through another development update throughout Q4. Stay tuned.

Surelly Forrestal Class Carriers can be delayed the J-35 and other AI units.

It's almost 3 years after its announcement now and still no sign of it in DCS yet and that's just an AI aircraft :(

I understand that the Draken is probably not the highest priority for HB, but if it gets pushed back for other items to be worked on all the time it will never get finished...

Unfortunately the list is long, true that, but it still has its firm place in the list and at some point will be on top of it. Which is approaching ever more. As a bonus it has to come towards the end though.

Thank you all for your kind patience with us.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I think as the community have waited so patiently for so long that it should just be thrown in as a freebie full fidelity module to all Viggen owners... now that's making a statement guys :P

Not the worst idea on this planet ... :smartass:

Other approach, if HB at some point decides in creating a flyable Draken module (to be paid), I would break my rule "not buying early-access anymore". :D

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Unfortunately the list is long, true that, but it still has its firm place in the list and at some point will be on top of it. Which is approaching ever more. As a bonus it has to come towards the end though.

Thank you all for your kind patience with us.

Alright, I stay patient then. Thanks for the reply! :)

Not the worst idea on this planet ... :smartass:

Other approach, if HB at some point decides in creating a flyable Draken module (to be paid), I would break my rule "not buying early-access anymore". :D

That would be an instant purchase for me as well! :joystick:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

That would be an instant purchase for me as well! :joystick:

Count me in as well! :thumbsup:

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index

Maybe they decided to bring the J-35 AI with the full fidelity version, this would explain the late of 3-4 years.

I wouldn't mind that at all :D

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 1 month later...

It would make sense they are working on the Draken as a full blown module jobbie but not a AI only for several years. If it is going to be a full fidelity module, count me very well IN !! A model of the Draken was used in a Thunderbirds episode back in 1965 due to it's futuristic look, lets face it, it do look like something out of Star Wars for it's time and still is an iconic shape for an aircraft conceived in the 50s. Strange people the Swedes but don't underestimate their abilities.

Mizzy

• 3 weeks later...
Now, this thread looks like a joke, or even a shame.

It's only been three years since the announcement of this AI unit. Don't be so impatient! :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg