** Viggen Flash Sale! **

Cobra847

Amen! Was so disappointed to find out it was from last year.

You can put me on the list of unfortunate souls who had a short moment of "Hooray!" before noticing the year was off by one!

I'm waiting for the next sale, too poor to buy at full price but I'll be picking up the F-14 and would love to pick up the Viggen too at some point just to support HB (and get a super cool airplane that I'll probably never take the time to learn properly).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Demo of my 6DOF Motion VR Sim:

• 2 weeks later...
Buy it, you won't regret it.

Bought it some time ago just to support them doing the turkey.

Still love to fly it regulary.

I actually ended up buying the Harrier during the summer sale as the different flight characteristics interested me, and I like precision bombing (pssst don't mention TPOD from the front in the F-14 lol). Little did I know what I was walking into lol.

Suffice to say I really don't think I can stomach getting another EA, half-done, never to be finished aircraft so won't be buying the Viggen. :( Not saying the Viggen is any worse than any other module, it's just a hassle trying to keep up with a bunch of modules where a lot of stuff is in development and constantly changing etc.

Edited by VampireNZ

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Suffice to say I really don't think I can stomach getting another EA, half-done, never to be finished aircraft so won't be buying the Viggen. :( Not saying the VBiggen is any worse than any other module, it's just a hassle trying to keep up with a bunch of modules where a lot of stuff is in development and constantly changing etc.

I would understand if changes in the core simulation made by ED from time to time sometimes would conflict the code of the Viggen, and HB has to "repair" it to make it work again. This seems "normal". But IMHO the EA Phase of the Viggen lasts FAR too long, and I personally don't like this circumstance.

On the other side, not long ago HB stated in another post that they are currently working on the Viggen with more resources.

Let's hope, and give them a little more time, then the Viggen should be "done".

I don't know if the guys take a break during summer, which I would really understand.

For me, summer is the time for spending hours and hours in front of the computer (most probably flying the Viggen), since an OAT of 38.5°C is far to hot to do anything outside ... :D

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 1 year later...

Why is this stuff still a sticky thread?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 2400 MHz (2800 OC) | Asus Strix Z270E Gaming | Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD 1 TB | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD 500 GB | WD NAS Red 2TB SATA3 | Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H80i v2 | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek PRO rudder pedals | Valve Index