Viggen Auto Start and Auto Stop

Johnr666

While setting up the controls for the Viggen I could not locate the CHEAT Auto Start and Auto Stop options. Do they exist for the Viggen?

Although I prefer to carry out the complete startup process for all my DCS aircraft, I find the Auto Start and Stop functions are useful when demonstrating DCS to friends.

Cheers

Well, it's what, 7 clicks or so and then sorting the data cart to start - not really a need :)

Someone else asked about it the other day, I couldn't find any sign of an auto-anything.

Most Wanted: the angry Naval Lynx | Seafire | Buccaneer | Hawker Hunter | Hawker Tempest/Sea Fury | Su-17/22 | rough strip rearming / construction

Even if it were 4 clicks, it would be nice to have

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

When demonstrating DCS to friends simply select a mission where the Viggen is already running.Like most of its training missions except the first one.

Or better yet, spend 5 min in the ME editor and make your own demo mission

and place the Viggen in ready state.

Regards,

Snappy

At least half of the, very short, start up time is specific mission and weapon setup. I really understand auto start being such a low developer priority.

The suggestion to just demo it with a running plane makes sense. I would even suggest an airstart depending on the person trying.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

At least half of the, very short, start up time is specific mission and weapon setup. I really understand auto start being such a low developer priority.

The suggestion to just demo it with a running plane makes sense. I would even suggest an airstart depending on the person trying.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Some customers find it boring as f... to perform the same procedure again and again. That is reason enough to include it. Everyone wh o does not want to use it. Dont use it.

For others it will help.

I agree with the guy and the 7 clicks, I haven't flown the viggen in months and I can still do it manually. Its stupid simple.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I'm in the boring as f... camp. (not the Viggen specifically, but start-up in general)

Also, the startup sequence on some aircraft involves reaching for buttons on the sides and often laterally behind the pilot. I find these can be a real pain in the butt to look at and reach with track IR /mouse sometimes, twisting your head in goofy positions, zooming in and out. I don't enjoy the button hunt. Once up and flying, 95% of everything you need is on the hotas or right in front of you, easy to see and reach. Again, I'm not picking on the Viggen here (and I don't mind the cassette insert etc) but talking about DCS in general. If I were pushing buttons in a real cockpit I think it would be significantly easier than using track IR and trying to twist dials with my mouse buttons.

It's a little thing, but one more reason to have auto-startup on every module. I wouldn't avoid the Viggen because there's no auto-start yet implemented. But there is no reason not to include it eventually.

Make sure your sim appeals to the broadest possible audience -> keep it viable and (in theory) cheaper. It's win-win. If anyone says auto-start shouldn't be allowed they are only shooting themselves in the foot. :inv:

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

i understand people not wanting to click through the cockpits in order to get the systems running.

but doing so you get to know the plane much better, you understand what is where and how it works.

for me this is much more immersing than just hitting "start"

anyhow, the best workaround in the meantime would be to put a hot plane onto the ground ;)

sigpic.png.4d2403c54e341ae5cf45e3309e87cb2c.png

It's a study sim. You can have the aircraft hot started for you already.

Most people would find all of DCS boring. Have to draw the line somewhere.

I'm all for options, but in terms of priority there are already ways to get around cold starts and it's never a promised feature. I'd say promised features should come first, then convenience features second.

Also, I agree with all above. The Viggen is easier to cold start than my first car, and probably faster