Watch the Devildogs mission is INCREDIBLE

bennyboy9800

Heatblur simulations really outdid themselves with this quick mission based after the HBO mini series “Generation Kill”. I always wanted a mission like this for DCS and it’s finally here. I hope we get to see many more like this and maybe even a campaign. Thanks heatblur.

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

Hey... can we have one for Caucasus or NTTR?

Thank you so much for the feedback, I am really glad you enjoy the mission. I'm just a huge fan of Generation Kill and always wanted something like that myself, hehe. We plan on doing many more like these in the future.

I plan on making the same for Caucasus and NTTR as well, but I did not have time to do them before I left (I am currently travelling again unfortunately). When I will be back around mid September it is one of the first things I will do. :)

PS: Try it out in coop or Singleplayer, too, of course coop is nicest if you take a lantirn pod along. If you want a challenge, even if you fly with 2 full crews, restrict yourself to 4 GBUs only..

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

ATTENTION SPOILERS!

If you want to fly the mission, also later in the caucasus version, I recommend you do not watch the video.

For those who do not have PG or would still like to see it, here is a vid of the mission:

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

ATTENTION SPOILERS!

If you want to fly the mission, also later in the caucasus version, I recommend you do not watch the video.

For those who do not have PG or would still like to see it, here is a vid of the mission:

[YOUTUBE]

That´s tempting!!! I can´t refrain myself so I´m out of here to fly some landing patterns!

Thanks for your job, HB team!

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Hehe, I can remove it if you like. Immediately after I posted it, I thought, ahh, what a stupid idea, it would be so much nicer to see a community made vid and to watch you guys fly, than you guys watching me tuckering about.... But maybe someone will want to see it nonetheless.

In any case I hope you all enjoy the mission. I believe there is so many stories from real life that can be taken to inspire some outstanding missions and they serve also as study cases for us, how to make the campaigns we are working on atm really an exceptional experience. I plan on doing many more missions like that and we want to keep adding new content, so everyone can experience lots of new stuff, even months or years after release.

In that sense, please feel free to bombard me with feedback, I will take it all on board.

Heatblur Simulations

Haven't flown the mission yet, but had to checkout the video, looks great!

Keep em coming!

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

Hello HB team!

Great mission!

Just a question here:

I found there being a huge fps drop when I launch from carrier/approach to the carrier, but seems other missions not having fps drop like this. Why?

Might be because of all the static objects on the boat

Intel i7 9700k CPU

Nvidia GTX 1080Ti

16GB RAM

Samsung 256GB SSD

Thrustmaster T16000m HOTAS

Wow!

Report of happenings:

This mission took me 2.5 hours, and I was totally engaged.

After circling for half an hour (at least), shooting down the helicopters, and bombing all targets I managed to get back to the tanker with not more than 1000 pounds in the tanks in total.

First approach to the basket ... yes! I am in! Got some fuel *phewwww*. Jester saying: "Thank you tanker we love youuuu!". I laughed my pants off, and besides I was happy too. Lost the basket 3 times, but finally had enough fuel to return for homebase. Landing in the dark on the Stennis in windy condition wasn't too easy, but with one bolter I got the wind characteristics and at the second approach I got ... hmm... yeah, a one wire. :megalol:

Mission success at first try. Score: 115.

Damn this mission was good!

This aircraft together with such a playable content is simply said: JUST AWESOME!

Congrats to HB, and all people who were involved in the recordings.

Screen_190910_221034.thumb.png.7294fdc83650f4e8342ec4b7949dbaeb.png

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

its one of the Single Player missions. I think it is the one on the bottom of the current list of missions (if sorted by mission name).

It is called "HB Watch the Devildog.miz"

Current OpenBeta

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Sorry to bother you but where can I find the mission?

Thanks for your help.

In the mission menu select the F-14B. Mind you won't see it until you have Persian Gulf map installed.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Is the mission bugged?

No mission start message. Nothing is happening at the AO, no moving Marines column, after the massage, no JTAC, nothing?

Flew the mission 2 times, until I had 3000ibs left, used time accelerate.

i7 8700k@4.7, 1080ti, DDR4 32GB, 2x SSD , HD 2TB, W10, ASUS 27", TrackIr5, TMWH, X-56, GProR.

That was pretty good! I especially smiled at the little surprise when I trapped. Nice touch: Topped off the tanks inbound, 4 releases, 4 kills (Jester was on the ball), nuff gas to skip tanker on way back - trapped on the first pass (OK 2, meh). I've done very little A2G in the 'Cat' so most of the credit goes to Mr. Jester - I just drove him to work :)

PS: Only thing I'd change was less static acft on deck for us VR guys.

Loved it

i6700k 4.4mhz, 32Gb, nVidia 1080, Odyssey+, CH Products, Derek Speare Designs button box, Bass shaker w/SimShaker For Aviators

Is the mission bugged?

No mission start message. Nothing is happening at the AO, no moving Marines column, after the massage, no JTAC, nothing?

Flew the mission 2 times, until I had 3000ibs left, used time accelerate.

As it uses sound messages etc, it is very likely that time acceleration breaks the mission. it is not intended for that, sorry.

Heatblur Simulations

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any script that let me just explode in Mid-Air?

I tried the mission for the first time:

1st GBU hit 1st target

2nd GBU missed 2nd target

3rd GBU hit 2nd target

Shot down Mi-8

4th GBU missed 3rd target

Suddenly I exploded without any cause.

Also watched the Tacview. I just exploded.

Without any reason...

PS: Mission is done awesome, well done! But could you please don't fill up the carrier that much? I guess 30 (or so) F-18 seems to drop my fps quite too much...

Edited by viper2097

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Finally I also managed to finish the mission:

hEyh5UgkGWE[/Youtube]

Its just awesome, very well done!

Please only remove some aircrafts on the carrier, I can't imagine that anyone has there no problems, especially in VR...

And to anyone trying it for the first time:

I suggest to use Computer Pilot, as Computer Target multiple times missed the spot when I tried it.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

Great mission

Great mission. Flew it last night.

I got one question though:

Do I have to put the bipper excatly onto the target? Just asking since the GBUs are laserguided anyway and I had four out of four hits. On the Hornet communication with JTAC is a bit different...Only wasted one Sidewinder on a helicopter because I shot it too early I guess. But one got shot down by the ground-units anyway, so no need to switch to the Sparrow.

When flying back to the boat I used time acceleration up to about 20 miles from the boat (up to maybe 10 times) and I saw a big drop in fps down to 5-7fps, which is way less than what I usually get. Still, it did not brake the mission.

I found two minor flaws though. After landing, my wingman rolled through the static planes on the ship and....

one F/A-18 landed on the Tawara! See pic! :-) Obviously one had already landed there, since it was parked on the stern.

Edited by Wali763