New Firmware for Gunfighter released

rrohde

Hi guys,

VKB released a new firmware (v1_94_B) for the Gunfighter series w/ MCG/MCG PRO grip. It’s available from the Gunfighter product page under “Downloads:”, or directly from VKB’s FTP site.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Hi guys,

VKB released a new firmware (v1_94_B) for the Gunfighter series w/ MCG/MCG PRO grip. It’s available from the Gunfighter product page under “Downloads:”, or directly from VKB’s FTP site.

Thanks much will give it a try!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

My MCG Pro won't accept this firmware. Reports a write error for erasing or something like that. I then have to unplug the USB to get the device into a state where the bootloader will work again and restoring the previous 1_92_1 recovers from the otherwise "bricked" state.

FlashFail.png.ad4e2ddb9c3a058231e7be4f2b8d9d78.png

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My MCG Pro won't accept this firmware. Reports a write error for erasing or something like that. I then have to unplug the USB to get the device into a state where the bootloader will work again and restoring the previous 1_92_1 recovers from the otherwise "bricked" state.

I had no trouble on this end.

Be sure and follow the flashing instructions carefully step by step.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?p=15551

And be sure you select the MCG Pro firmware.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

What I would like is the software/firmware for this version

435986994_NEWVKBSOFTWARE.thumb.png.efab4a0a7dbd13910d28a3c41e00601e.png

Edited by Rocky49
spelling

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

When I first got the stick, I played with some of the custom programming. But for DCS World, I don't really need to program the stick at all. I just run the default out-of-the-box config. I do some lua editing on various aircraft to get some of the behavior I need for the Warthog throttle's two and three position switches.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am really new to the VKB Gunfighter Mk. II - Modern Combat Grip PRO and it's associated software.

I had to have step-by-step help just to get the Trim Hat to work the way I want and now of course that is all messed up because I Flashed my Black Box (for my first time ... it was already done with the previous version when I obtained the stick).

I have tried following the Calibration Instructions step-by-step but I don't see ANYTHING happening in the Cfg software.

Should I see some acknowledgement that I am moving the stick/hats etc while I am moving them ?

Note: I did hit the Start Calibrate button before doing anything. As well .. and before starting to Calibrate, I selected my stick from the Window at the top (it is the only thing listed there ... but it is selected/highlighted). I don't see Anything happening in the software whilst moving everything through its range of motion.

Please Help .. asap.

PS> IF anyone who is Really Familiar with this stick and software is willing to connect with me via VoiceWare (Teamspeak or Discord or Skype), that would be extremely helpful to me.

I am very proficient with computers ... but totally inept at working with this stick's configuration software.

If someone is willing to connect with me, I am in Ontario (Toronto Time) and can connect any time that suits you .... soon please !

Just PM me in advance so I have time to receive the message and not leave you waiting. Please Provide your Voiceware of Choice and a Channel and/or your Connection Information for me to connect with you AND a Time of Day.

Thanks in Advance for Any Assistance.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Okay.. Sorry. ... Disregard MOST of my last message.

I didn't have it on the correct window to see that things were moving as they should.

So I have managed to calibrate and stop calibrating and Loaded my previous settings ... But that doesn't seem to have taken because everything I did to get my Trim hat working seems to be lost.

I still need 1 on 1 assistance if anyone has the time and patience.

I can get just about everything working the way I want Except for the Trim Hat and the Thumb Hat ... which seems to be really messed up from when I first got it. That is, it doesn't register each position. It doesn't register the Press at all and some positions show 2 lights lit in the Config software ???!!

I am really new to the VKB Gunfighter Mk. II - Modern Combat Grip PRO and it's associated software.

I had to have step-by-step help just to get the Trim Hat to work the way I want and now of course that is all messed up because I Flashed my Black Box (for my first time ... it was already done with the previous version when I obtained the stick).

I have tried following the Calibration Instructions step-by-step but I don't see ANYTHING happening in the Cfg software.

Should I see some acknowledgement that I am moving the stick/hats etc while I am moving them ?

Note: I did hit the Start Calibrate button before doing anything. As well .. and before starting to Calibrate, I selected my stick from the Window at the top (it is the only thing listed there ... but it is selected/highlighted). I don't see Anything happening in the software whilst moving everything through its range of motion.

Yes, when you get ready to start calibration, click on the axis tab - then you can view the axis moving as you calibrate. By default I believe it drops you to the button tab.

Edit - sorry did not see your next message before posting my reply.

Don B

No Prob. Thanks for the reply.

I still have my play-by-play instructions to get the Trim Hat working the way it did (regardless of my saved profile) but the Thumb Hat seems to be really mucked up. I definitely need help with it.

It is supposed to be buttons 10 thru 13 and 9 for press but I can't seem to get that to work worth a dang.

I still need 1 on 1 assistance if anyone has the time and patience.

I can get just about everything working the way I want Except for the Trim Hat and the Thumb Hat ... which seems to be really messed up from when I first got it. That is, it doesn't register each position. It doesn't register the Press at all and some positions show 2 lights lit in the Config software ???!!

I am not that well versed in the VKB software as of yet as I am still very new to it also.

If you are talking about the Master Mode Hat, it will not register a button press - at least by default. By default it is made to hold the button in for 3 seconds then it switches to axis mode, rather than button mode. Turns it into two relative axis. Hold the button in for 3 seconds again and turns it back into a 4 button hat. Middle push changes the state of the Hat.

I have no problem using this Hat as a trim hat, long as I don't hold it in for three seconds. Did not need to mess with any config settings.

Thumb Hat is a 4 way + push, seems to be working fine on my end. ( assuming you are talking the reset button on lower left).

Edited by dburne

Don B

No .. that one was a pain to get the way I wanted (still have instructions to get it back .. and eliminate the 2nd hat function i.e. after press and hold).

It's the Thumb Hat (left side where thumb rests) that seems to be all wonky.

NOTE: Sorry for seemingly taking over this thread.

I just have to take dog out (15 mins) then I'll be back for the duration of the day.

Well so far this latest firmware seems to maybe have cured the phantom button presses I was having. May still be too soon to say for sure, however have had it plugged in much of the day today and so far I have not had any.

Don B

• 1 month later...

Phantom button presses in latest version of software back in a big way. Many buttons lite up and it takes several resets to get them all out. It is happening now every 15 20 minutes. Real Pain in the backside. This this still being looked at?

System:Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z390-E,Asus ROG GeForce RTX 2080Ti OC, GPU, 32GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 Ram, Intel i9 9900K @ 5 GHz , cooled by NZXT Kraken X52, Acer XB270HU G-Sinc monitor, Windows 10 Pro, Warthog joystick and throttle with wasy extension, VBK Gunfighter Pro and MCG Pro,MFG Rudder, running on a dedicated 1TB Samsung 970 Pro M2 Nvme , Super Wheel Stand Pro, with a HP Reverb G2

Phantom button presses in latest version of software back in a big way. Many buttons lite up and it takes several resets to get them all out. It is happening now every 15 20 minutes. Real Pain in the backside. This this still being looked at?

Hmmm, as someone that used to have the problem and doesn't anymore... you say you are on the latest software but what about firmware? You have to flash your firmware.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I'm using BlackBox GF MCG Pro Ver 1_94_Bvk, VKBDevCfg-v0_88, and Zbootloader C v1-15

Are these not the most up to date?

I do not have the VKB connected to a powered hub, my warthog throttle and crosswinds are and are not experiencing any issues. I have re-installed the VKB software. I am getting an exception warning sometimes when I exit the vkb software. I also can not reload my saved profiles either so have to set my profile up again

I do not have the VKB connected to a powered hub, my warthog throttle and crosswinds are and are not experiencing any issues. I have re-installed the VKB software. I am getting an exception warning sometimes when I exit the vkb software. I also can not reload my saved profiles either so have to set my profile up again

I would post on the vkb tech support forum, something sounds screwed up.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo