[HOW TO] Switching grips on the GunFighter

33-DFTC

Hello gents !

When I bought the GunFighter, I received it with a KG12 grip. I recieved the MCG Pro a few months later and I switched the grip without any problem.

Today I can't figure out how to switch grip and go back to the KG12 to fly with a warbird. Whatever I try, I keep having the red flashing light on the BlackBox. I'm running the latest software and firmware from VKB.

This is the procedure I used to switch back to the KG12 :

• I launched VKBDevCfg and clicked on my MCG Pro.
  • I clicked on the "Tools" tab and clicked on the "Parking" button.
  • I removed the MCG Pro grip from the GunFighter.
  • I installed the KG12 grip.
  • I clicked on the "Default" button to force the GunFighter to see the new stick.
  • It failed.

Did I miss something ? I'm pretty sure this is the procedure I used last year when I went from the KG12 to the MCG Pro.

Thank you for your help)

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Wouldn't you need to download and flash the BB firmware for the original KG12 grip?

http://ftp.vkb-sim.pro/Firmware/BlackBox/

In the zip file of the firmware, you will find firmware for MCG Pro, MCG, and KG12.

Flash the firmware for the KG12.

Be sure and follow all instructions on flashing closely.

https://vkbcontrollers.com/?faq=how-to-get-your-mcg-mcg-pro-to-work-with-your-gunfighter-mar-15-2018

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Hi dburne)

I thought the last firmware took in charge the KG12, MCG and MCG Pro. If it's not the case, I understand why the KG12 grip is not recognized by the BlackBox. I'll look into that, just in case.

There are only two types of aircraft, fighters and targets. - Major Doyle "Wahoo" Nicholson, USMC

Yeah pretty sure you need to point to the appropriate firmware for the grip you are using. Seems like that is how I remember it when I got my MCG Pro grip a few weeks ago.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

They may have updated all the firmware, but there is no way for it to know what base is plugged in unless you specifically tell it. It doesn't "interface" with the grip, it just sends signals to it.

If it was otherwise, they would not have firmware for each of them in the first place. You'll need to load the appropriate firmware for the grip you're using.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

The zip you downloaded with firmware for KG12, MCG, and MCG Pro contains the firmware for all 3 devices, but in separate .vkb files. You can only have one firmware installed at a time, so you'll have to flash it each time you switch grips. Not the quickest process, but could be worse.

If the software is confusing you, try using the WIZZO software instead. It's significantly easier to use but still has access to the bootloader (advanced settings button) so you can flash and calibrate a new grip.

Thank you for your help guys, I really appreciate it !

:thumbup:

Have fun!!

Don B