Printable map of current Caucasus map?

Stratos

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The map I give to Viper39 for CombatFlite is identicial to what you see in the present thread. But Viper needs to compress and tile the map in order to make the CombatFlite experience smooth and lag-free for all.

There is another annoying thing: the "1:1" zoom doesn't seem to exist in CombatFlite. This means you either get a zoomed out view, with city names ahrd to read, or a much too zoomed in view with ugly pixels showing. I haven't discussed this with Viper39 yet.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Yes, I plan to upload it as both a GeoTIFF and a PDF, actually. This was my goal from the start. My collaboration with Viper39 happened along the way.

Expect to get the files this week. :)

Yes, I plan to upload it as both a GeoTIFF and a PDF, actually. This was my goal from the start. My collaboration with Viper39 happened along the way.

Expect to get the files this week. :)

The suspense is unreal lol.

What dimensions will it be released in? If it's all vector, could we get an SVG so we can scale to however we need it?

The GeoTIFF file is 26259 x 19377 pixels.

The only raster layers are the relief shadows. I could try and vectorize them, but it's not mandatory: an SVG file can include a raster.

The only problem with SVG is that I'm not 100% sure Inkscape can handle such a large raster... We'll see.

Thanks Flappie!

I know a lot of work went into this. Your effort and willingness to share are very appreciated.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

Well done Flappie !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !