3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure its the Tiger, which makes me very happy if i am correct game needs a good western helo and Tiger "french one" or If we get the merman one i hope it gets the RMK30 gun.

Deep in my heart though I do want the AH-1Z or W to be next, I heard that some one is working on the AH64D not sure who but that is covered.

I honestly Do not think that "classified" information should stop best estimations and estimations on the product, If that held any projects when you even have a Cessna 172.

Deep in my heart though I do want the AH-1Z or W to be next, I heard that some one is working on the AH64D not sure who but that is covered.

I'm pretty sure that's some wrong information you got there ;)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's some wrong information you got there ;)

How so?

The only thing i got from that was a website that ED put up, and they said they where working on the F-18c, F16c and AH64. the website was promptly taken down after it was posted on Reddit. the Website was for a Military training sales of some sort. So who knows.

How so?

The only thing i got from that was a website that ED put up, and they said they where working on the F-18c, F16c and AH64. the website was promptly taken down after it was posted on Reddit. the Website was for a Military training sales of some sort. So who knows.

Oh, now I know where you got that from. That's not DCS :D

It's a professional military simulation: http://www.thebattlesim.com/

So no, no Apache for DCS in the works right now.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Oh, now I know where you got that from. That's not DCS :D

It's a professional military simulation: http://www.thebattlesim.com/

So no, no Apache for DCS in the works right now.

thanks for the link I had it bookmarked at some point, and it looks pretty much exactly like DCS haha. Well if they make it for "that" then I hope we see it for DCS. got lots of new stuff in the pipe for now! and IF we get the tiger from Polly then the rest is simply extra luxury.

thanks for the link I had it bookmarked at some point, and it looks pretty much exactly like DCS haha. Well if they make it for "that" then I hope we see it for DCS. got lots of new stuff in the pipe for now! and IF we get the tiger from Polly then the rest is simply extra luxury.

We can hope, but I wouldn't bet on it. Anyways, this is a sensitive subject on these forums and it also has nothing to do with Polychop. So let's get back to topic. :)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ah yes the tiger topic "u can pm me why its sensitive as i have no background on it"

The German tiger is interesting as well, i do hope for the french one first. I have yet to see any German ones with the RMK30. That gun is brutal as its a 30mmX250mm round has more KE than the GAU8 round

It is DCS. Look at the lower right corner of that page.

Belsimtek said they would bring AH1 out, but that's been a while. So not sure how realistic it is. Would die for UH60and AH64 or MH6!

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

The Tiger is pretty unlikely. The glascockpit is top secret, you're not allowed to film it or take pictures so i'm sure the information you need for a public module would be illegal

1.Its been confirmed by another dev "Red wing simulations" that some one is working on the tiger.

2. Pollychop stated they are working with Airbus for a new chopper.

3. Pollychop stated that stuff being classified does not mean that best estimations can not be made.

4. A quick google search showed tons of tiger cockpits and videos.

5. Plenty of parts of the A10c for example are classified, does not mean best estimations are not used.

So the hints are there, but no grantee for sure as of yet. DCS will always be at best a desk top simulator, its a Huge step behind the real classified sim stuff that you get on Level D Full flight simulators which you need actual OEM software and Even with that you get 95% accuracy.

Westland Lynx, throw the Navy version in too. If not then what about an Apache.

It has been said it will be an Airbus helicopter.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

Ah yes the tiger topic "u can pm me why its sensitive as i have no background on it"

The German tiger is interesting as well, i do hope for the french one first. I have yet to see any German ones with the RMK30. That gun is brutal as its a 30mmX250mm round has more KE than the GAU8 round

There are no german tigers with the gun, it was considered to limiting in terms of sensors you could put in the nose due to vibrations. So the german version does have a gimbaled high FOV FLIR in the nose, additional to the osiris mast sight.

The mast sight has enough resolution/magnification btw to read a cars license plate at 15km, also you get fire and foreget salvo fireable pars3 lr not theese pesky semiactive missiles. And since they are lock on after launch you literally pop up for some seconds and have 4 imaging infrared seeking ATGMs on their way.

Honestly I would want that capability over the cannon.

Be like 4 times rifle PARS3 LR and make moltar jealous. )))

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

tiger_23.jpg

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=658038&postcount=1

It's old, but would be nice to have a Tiger. :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are no german tigers with the gun, it was considered to limiting in terms of sensors you could put in the nose due to vibrations. So the german version does have a gimbaled high FOV FLIR in the nose, additional to the osiris mast sight.

The mast sight has enough resolution/magnification btw to read a cars license plate at 15km, also you get fire and foreget salvo fireable pars3 lr not theese pesky semiactive missiles. And since they are lock on after launch you literally pop up for some seconds and have 4 imaging infrared seeking ATGMs on their way.

Honestly I would want that capability over the cannon.

Be like 4 times rifle PARS3 LR and make moltar jealous. )))

Yeah it does not have one, and i Know about the whole recoil issue, thats why the made the RMK 30 which is a recoilless classless auto canon. I am not sure if it was ever fitted or tested though.

I wont mind the french or Aus version, its quite capable and got more toys on-board.

The french HAD and the australian version, both use hellfires that can be fired in LOBL or LOAL

Yep, but its still semi active laser homing. So no fire and forget, that was the thing I was mainly looking at, fire at those pesky tunguskas and simply mask again and do not care about them shooting the building/forrest/hill in front of you. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yeah it does not have one, and i Know about the whole recoil issue, thats why the made the RMK 30 which is a recoilless classless auto canon. I am not sure if it was ever fitted or tested though.

I wont mind the french or Aus version, its quite capable and got more toys on-board.

Ahh yeah now i remembert confused the GIAT 30 with the RMK30.

The RMK30 was only ever fitted to a Wiesel, the cannon armament for the UHT Tiger was dropped since the military wanted a pure anti tank helicopter until it was to late to change it to a more appropriate concept for the time.

The real meme here is that in the 80s the PAH1 [the bo105 we are getting] was considered the predecessor to the PAH2 which was supposed to be the tiger.

[PAH => Panzerabwehrhubschrauber => Anti Tank helicopter]

After all a version with a cannon would be probably more profitable but honestly for me its sensors > weapons, although the french/australian version have a laser designator which is also fancy.

All of them would be probably the best solution. :lol::lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.Its been confirmed by another dev "Red wing simulations" that some one is working on the tiger.

Red Wing simulations actually has none confirmed officially 3rd party. And not confirm the Tiger develop. Actually all work has MODs meanwhile ED not confirm them as a official 3rd party product.

"another helo of thier current product line at the moment too.

I can not say anything about the 3rd helo, but if we get a full clearance you all will have something nice to play woth "

Since we didnt see, and I dont expect to see a non armed plane yet, I guess the EC145 is unlikely.

Also to be considered here is that borchi said, IF they get a full clearance.

Armed but not necessarily military helicopters are the Super Puma, Fennec and Panther.

But all of theese wont need any clearance in terms of classification probably. Since they are all civilian helicopters with some simple weapon systems straped on to them.

The only pure military helicopters eurocopter builds atm, are the NH90 and the Tiger.

So yeah, I would expect, they want to do one of them both. If they got a full clerance or not will probably be only brought to light by time. :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]