Yo-Yo

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi gents,

watch here for landing the FW190:

and here for take of the FW190

this is my way to get this nice bird in the air and back on the ground. Videos are in german and english.

regards

Little_D

• Like 2

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

My take off is great now feels like a sports car. I did land twice but on the belly because I had a gear problem and the second time I flared on touch down which made go up like a balloon and came down hard so broke the gear and then went on the belly.

My approach is not good which I have to practice. I am 2/3 rd of the wing from the runway and bank when the threshold is 45 deg to the wing. I think I need to maintain proper altitude around 1500 agl

Edited by humptydumpty

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

I still have considerable difficulty in landing at Groom Lake in NTTR.

I find that the increase in altitude adds a whole new layer of misbehaviour. I initially had difficulty in taking off their too, but pretty much have that nailed.

3 things I find important, but were not immediately obvious

1) Getting the aircraft lined up accurately and early, last minute corrections unsettle it.

2) Ensure she is wings level when over the runway, in other words no wing droop to left or right. Flaring without wings level and the gear breaks or you bounce, yaw and bank simultaneously close to the stall, correction for me is nigh to impossible.

3) If under low power close to the approach, you should be lined up slightly to the left because as you reduce to idle for the flare the torque reduction will swing her to the right.

If I achieve that the chances of a successful touchdown are much improved........................but in NTTR far from guaranteed.

Remember fuel state the more fuel you have the harder it will be to execute a graceful touchdown. Much respect to Little_D for the video and the technique I'm a long way from that skill level.

Edited by Weegie
Additional info

This is brilliant, thank you for making these videos! :thumbup:

Hi Ghilledraptor, thank you for the nice words.

Yeah nice vids

Hi ironmaiden, thank you for the nice words too.

Much respect to Little_D for the video and the technique I'm a long way from that skill level.

Hi Weegie, thank you for the nice words too. And no worrys, i use this starting and landing technics since IL2 1946, so i have a lot of practise. Also i set my joystick for all planes i fly like described in the first video, dosent matter if it is a 109, 110, 190 or even heavy bomber.

regards

Little_D

described

1./JG2_Little_D

Staffelkapitän

1./Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen"

"Go for the leader, if you can. The path is the goal, the kill the result."

"The one who has 12, leads. The one who has six, follows."

YouTube Channel: 1./JG2 Filmkanal

My mistakes in the Dora and Messerschmitt were very stupid I was trying too hard to take off and use to loose the tail in the tail process.

The 109 goes up without an effort.

The 190 needs around 170 kts I think

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

My mistakes in the Dora and Messerschmitt were very stupid I was trying too hard to take off and use to loose the tail in the tail process.

The 109 goes up without an effort.

The 190 needs around 170 kts I think

but let me say Zulfi, you learned fast how to deal with it, much faster than I actually did !

Congratulations!!!!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Could i fly the Dora, without ruder pedals ?

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

Yours Thrustmaster 16000M has twist, so you can fly with her but it will not be easy.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |

I skip this

What about P-51D Mustang ?

Thank you

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I skip this

What about P-51D Mustang ?

Thank you

Can't say about the Mustang, but in the 109 / 190 should be a little difficult , using keys as rudder is no fun because it does not have that linear input, I am using a broken logitech joystick as rudder and throttle. So co-ordination during banks / rolls is not that great but it is fun I manage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

• 4 weeks later...

2 (and a half) questions:

I've been practicing with losing the wings of the Dora this morning and the only way I can manage it is by going up to 9000m, get into a free fall until the IAS 750 km/h, extend the flaps and pull on my stick

1) Is there an easier way to lose the wings?

Every time I pass 6g in a banking, the plane tries to 'wiggle' back into neutral flight.

2) Is it possible to exceed 6g for a longer duration of time in the Dora? And why does the plane automatically want to go back into neutral?

Its funny about this airplane for me..

It never feels consistent in hard cornering or when I'm flying looking out canopy and trying to track an enemy. Maybe its me or maybe I'm not quite pulling directly on the axis of my stick properly so I'm getting some elevator in the aileron or vice versa. It just feels like its all over the place.

I can land and take off without issue but it is a bit more sloppy with the Dora then other airplanes.

Id hate to give up on it as I love the plane but don't feel like I'm a very proficient pilot with it at all.

Anyone ever get this feeling about the Dora?

(I wonder even if its my deadzone in my stick perhaps? I'm going to fool with it a bit and see.)

It never feels consistent in hard cornering or when I'm flying looking out canopy and trying to track an enemy. Maybe its me or maybe I'm not quite pulling directly on the axis of my stick properly so I'm getting some elevator in the aileron or vice versa. It just feels like its all over the place.

I can land and take off without issue but it is a bit more sloppy with the Dora then other airplanes.

Id hate to give up on it as I love the plane but don't feel like I'm a very proficient pilot with it at all.

(I wonder even if its my deadzone in my stick perhaps? I'm going to fool with it a bit and see.)

I don't think it's you.

The Dora has a big Problem with buffeting and a wing sudden flip over at any speed if you try to pull high Gs.

I've tested this for hours and for me it’s obviously that the D-9 FM has changed a lot. Before those changes I could easily pull high Gs till a G-Loc without any buffeting. Now I have a hard time to pull any high Gs to get only a grey out! Before that could happen most of the time the buffeting starts suddenly and very hard with a sudden flip over of the wing. It feels and looks so wrong. Try to look at this with the outside view (F2). It's looks like in a cartoon but isn't funny for a simulation.

The D-9 was my favorite WWII DCS plane after some ED FM tweaks but with 1.5.x/2.0 she becomes a real hate plane for me.

Before this patch I could kill the expert P51D AI within 5 Minutes and the plane was really nice to fly. Now sometimes in DCS 2.0 I fly till the gas is empty and never was at the six of the P51D in such a way that I would have a good shooting position.

It's like the D-9 has some new wings, but really bad ones.

Right now all German WWII planes have this stupid buffeting at any speed at high Gs/AoA.

As soon as I switch in the cockpit of the P51D it's another world. The difference is as big as from the Mig21 to the F15C.

I can pull at any speed so much Gs in the P51D without any buffeting that I can fly hard at the limit, so I can black out in no time. It's really easy and no bad flight behavior.

I can outturn the D9 at any speed in any height but if I read the stories of the WWII aces (both sides) and if I see the sheets of the RL flight docus, I think there must be something wrong with the D-9. I don't know what but what we have right now doesn't match with that what the history and the pilots has told us.

I don't know what it is, but it is there and it’s not me or you.

I will never believe that I will loose all of my skill during a week in such a way, that I can land and start the D-9 without any problem, but can't fly her anymore in a dogfight. Never ever!

I really would like to see a Vid from a person which is telling me that all is ok and that there are no changes at the D-9 or the P51D but till today there was none and I think I will never see one with the current FM state.

Edited by Nedum

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

• ED Team

Its really just practice that gets you there, watching where your virtual stick is in relation to your actual one (that you are not pulling harder than you should be) etc. It takes time but once you spend a number of hours in her, putting her through her paces, most of these issues just become unnoticeable. We bring a lot of baggage from older sims, soon as you work though some of those, you will really notice a difference.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Thanks for the replies. I agree that I have a ton of bad habits.

I reset all my X55 dead zones (left a bit of one in all axis) and curves back to stock and ill leave them that way so I know its not an awkward controller setting.

I played around against the AI tonight and watched and re watched my replays looking for where I'm not feeling in complete control and trying to do better.

Ill keep at it but it really is a super super fine line with this thing. At least for now with me. I'm sure ill get better control/more precise with more practice.

Edited by SnakeBT6

• ED Team
Thanks for the replies. I agree that I have a ton of bad habits.

I reset all my X55 dead zones (left a bit of one in all axis) and curves back to stock and ill leave them that way so I know its not an awkward controller setting.

I played around against the AI tonight and watched and re watched my replays looking for where I'm not feeling in complete control and trying to do better.

Ill keep at it but it really is a super super fine line with this thing. At least for now with me. I'm sure ill get better control/more precise with more practice.

Yup, that is half the battle, knowing that it will take some practice and not giving up but understand what is going on, the 190 is great fun to fly once you tame her.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I don't think it's you.

The Dora has a big Problem with buffeting and a wing sudden flip over at any speed if you try to pull high Gs.

I've tested this for hours and for me it’s obviously that the D-9 FM has changed a lot. Before those changes I could easily pull high Gs till a G-Loc without any buffeting.

If you're above corner speed you can't stall (well, not before blacking out or snapping a wing off). Below corner speed you'll stall before you black out.

In other words, you generally can't stall and black out simultaneously. If you're not pulling as much G as you want then you've simply slowed down too much.

If you're above corner speed you can't stall (well, not before blacking out or snapping a wing off). Below corner speed you'll stall before you black out.

In other words, you generally can't stall and black out simultaneously. If you're not pulling as much G as you want then you've simply slowed down too much.

That's the point!

But why do I can this do with the D-9? :noexpression:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7950X3D, System-RAM: 64 GB DDR5, GPU: nVidia 4090, Monitor: LG 38" 3840*1600, VR-HMD: Pimax Crystal, OS: Windows 11Pro, 2*2TB Samsung M.2 SSD, HOTAS: TM Warthog, Paddles: MfG.

"The Dora has a big Problem with buffeting and a wing sudden flip over at any speed if you try to pull high Gs"

I can't speak for the D-9, but the FW-190A's had this problem in real life and the P-51/47 guys took advantage of it. Maybe the DCS D-9 is close to reality in that regard.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.