Fire sidewinders in A/G mode

Subferro

Came across an amusing bug this morning. Confirmed that I could reproduce it:

Switch to A/G mode and set up your armament to an AUTO release. Use the A/A HOTAS fwd switch to select sidewinders but don’t fire. Press the A/G switch and continue with bombing attack. Hold pickle as the release cue moves down and when it’s time to release a sidewinder will fly off the rails. I guess the bug is that switching back to A/G mode doesn’t select your A/G ordinance again, but leaves sidewinder selected.

Had the same issue. Jet was in a hot start on a multiplayer server. Load-out was LGB, bags, pod, gun pod. LGB would not come off the rail in AG. Sidewinders had been selected previously. Cycled weapons and on the drop cue both sidewinders came off the rail at the same time with the weapon release switch on the hotas.

Tried multiple times to repeat and unable too.

Same here. But its not exactly reproducible.

It just happens. Mostly when switching from AA Sidewinder SEAM to AG rockets. I also experience failiure to display AG Guns CCIP pipper. If I am in AG master mode rockets CCIP or MK82 CCIP, and switch to AG guns, the AG gun pipper almost never pops up automatically. I have to switch to AA Guns, then back to AG Guns, and maybe Guns AG pipper is displayed. Early release handbook PDF states in AG Guns mode CAGE/UNCAGE switches between AG Guns mode. I get no such joy normally. It is very unpredictable. I expect now to have to cycle the modes a few times before getting AG CCIP GUNS pipper.

Please save a track file when this happens and send it to us.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with an idea."

It may be related, so I won't start a new thread- but the last two nights I've had an issue when sidearms are selected, locked, the gun fires and the sidearm does not. Quite a surprise when you're staring at a SAM launcher.

I've had this in 3 of my last 4 flights on the hoggit server, its really frustrating when you get a tone and see a trail of tracers fly out instead of a sidearm.

• 2 months later...

I have this happen when I use CCIP with Mk83s sometimes. I dont know the sequence of events to recreate, but it definitely happens.

Was able to reproduce.

1. Go to A/G mode setup bombs.

2. Use AA forward or Aft modes.

3. Go back to A/G mode and try to drop bombs and it will fire sidewinders instead.

If you deselect and reselect bombs from stores page after step 2, bug will not happen.

If you use AA mode Down/guns in step 2, Bombs will not drop instead of firing sidewinders.

Edited by mia389