updated manual

RagnarBSE

• 2 weeks later...

On today's Update to 2.5.6:

Updated manual (version 1.1.0)

Thank you Razbam and BalticDragon .. an updated documentation is essential when a Module has such a substantial update :)

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 months later...

P. 248 . According to Zeus, in case of a 530 lock, both G and D letters are circled indicating a succescfull lock of the missile head on the target. Also the picture must be corrected (since there is a lock and only one letter is circled.

Should be added that the Flight director ring and the interception flight director also appears on the vtb (last update).

On p. 187 the n. 9 current ''lock type designation'' should be corrected together with button 8 of the stick description on p. 35. The button doesn't lock a target but cycles between PIC / PID as the next engaged radar mode with TDC press button. Should be also metioned in the VTB chapter that the indication is always displayed on the vtb and not only after a lock (actually for that reason all the displayed pictures in that chapter must be updated).

On the last page, the ρ/θ must be corrected to Polar Rho / Theta and not Tetha as it is now (this is how the greek letter θ is pronounced = θήτα).

Edited by jaguara5

P. 62 the The 31 AoA / 11 g FBW limits for stick mechanical stop position is missing.

P. 176 i would add the descritpion of the ownship symbol (on the bottom) with the respective arrow that is proportional to the own speed.

P178 i would add the description of the dashed azimuth reference lines

In the radar /vtb chapter, i would add that the target intercept line starts blinking as a warning when the target is close to the radar gimbal limits . The exact azimuth value of that would be also nice (perhaps this could be incorporated in the new RDO / DO section).

P. 136 , D/RLT , it says for WP01+ ''.Distance to WP (in minutes, seconds)''.

Should be in nautical miles, as it's correctly described in the next descr. line.

In the HUD chapter , the altitude allert arrow indication is missing. Would add also description of that in p. 91

Edited by jaguara5

P. 253 , 254 , 255 The vertical scan is activated not only with Magic selected but also with CAN (with the CNM swtich) or witch POL modes selected.

Also, MAV overrides default MAG, CAN or POL seeker movement.

P. 102. should added that the AoA indication on the hud doesn't appear (as in rl) and can be activated only through the game menu.

• 4 weeks later...

This manual is one of the best, if not the best...

In page 32: there is no TDC CENTER, instead we have TDC DEPRESS.

At the end of page 144: "Click on the TAS Ranging keyboard bind or use the button mapped on your throttle (HOTAS), which is more practical". Maybe you can replace this description for the HOTAS control mentioned in pages 32, as there is no "TAS Ranging" keyboard bind currently in this module, and add a link to this section of the manual in AIR-TO-GROUND DESIGNATE / MAGIC SLAVE SWITCH -> NAV Mode description in page 35 (radar update). In MAGIC SEARCH/NAV UPDATE -> NAV Mode we have a link to INS Position Update (vertical update).

One or two more. Sorry if they have been mentioned already.

1) References to the non-existent ENC button are still there even though you say in the changelog they have been removed. (p96, p161)

2) TOT Salvo mode was removed from 530 p231.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Also, was this ever done https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3446990&postcount=12.

Can't see how to get that button to work.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I does work, I think it's explained in the manual.

Could you point me in the right direction? I couldn’t see it. Thanks.

Sorry, I am perfectly capable of doing a search for a word. Unfortunately, that doesn't answer my question. How is the Radar N Parameter button used.

Sorry, I am perfectly capable of doing a search for a word. Unfortunately, that doesn't answer my question. How is the Radar N Parameter button used.

Did you take a look at the pages I gave you ? It's explained there...

RADAR N PARAMETER. Used to choose which waypoint will be used as bullseye.

See NAVIGATION chapter for more information.

DISTANCE AND BEARING to the point under the TDC from the selected waypoint.

This will be covered in greater detail in the NAVIGATION SECTION. It is important to

note here that in this particular case, the selected waypoint is 00, which will always

be the current position of the aircraft. Having this in mind by moving the TDC

around the screen you can obtain both the range and bearing to the point under the

TDC from the point at which you currently are.

Set the waypoint number matching the mission Bullseye as the "N" waypoint on

the VTB (unless done so by the mission designer)

When asked for PICTURE, AWACS will list all enemy aircraft Groups and their

position. In this case Bullseye will be the reference point. In this case, at long range,

the easiest way to get the exact location of a given group would be to create an

Offset Point from the location of the Bullseye (which usually is one of the waypoints

on your flight plan) using data provided by AWACS. See OFFSET POINTS in Section

12-5 for more information.

At shorter range, when reaction time is a factor, the best way is to match your

radar's TCD to the Bullseye position given by the AWACS; TCD position is indicated

relative to the Bullseye in the bottom left part of the VTB, provided you set "N" as

the waypoint number corresponding to the Bullseye.

I just quoted the manual on the pages I gave you, tell me what you don't understand here because to me it's all explained.

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

Thanks, but I'll try again. How do you use the Radar N Parameter switch? The other stuff is not relevant to my question, it's just normal.

This may not be the best thread for this. I'll try on the main board.

Simply press the "N" switch and it will go through the waypoints (if there are any in the mission). You can try it, if you set up a simple mission on the editor. Create some waypoints, then you are able to switch through them.

(

)
Edited by felixx75

Simply press the "N" switch and it will go through the waypoints (if there are any in the mission). You can try it, if you set up a simple mission on the editor. Create some waypoints, then you are able to switch through them.

(

)

Right! Thank you for that. I worked out my problem. I thought 'N' was a button rather than a switch, so I kept left clicking and didn't see the display move from '00'!

Having re-watched the GR vid you linked to, I could see it was a switch, and now all is revealed and working.

I blame it on the dark cockpit! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. When can we expect a new manual that will take into account recent changes, especially in radar operation. A lot has changed in recent patches and as usual completely without any instructions!

W10 64bit, i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, 27" FullHD monitor

Hi. Nice to hear countryman's reply. These are recent changes, including STT / TWS operating modes and radar symbology. I have not found any description of these changes. For example, Chuck's guide is from March.

W10 64bit, i9 9900K, 64GB RAM, GTX 1070Ti, 27" FullHD monitor

Hi. Nice to hear countryman's reply. These are recent changes, including STT / TWS operating modes and radar symbology. I have not found any description of these changes. For example, Chuck's guide is from March.

Chuck's Guide is not the manual. Plus it is way out of date, and he said it wouldn't be an update that would happen quickly.

Make sure you are reading the offical manual from BD v 1.1.1.