Erich Brunotte FW190D9 Livery

Mainstay

In July we had an opportunity to show Erich DCS and Dora, he flew it a lot. He said that he feels lack of acceleration information to say exactly if the model is absolutely correct but he flew DCS Dora very professional regardless of the fact that it was his first time in simming. Views management was something that confused him... 180 deg half-dome would be better for him :)

And the last issue was our game controllers... very light centering plays its role.

Anyway, then I began to fly and ask if some flight modes are right or not. It was the most fruitful part of our conversation because I got some priceless hints how to fly it or what MP was typical for a final approach, etc, etc.

We have a lot of raw video with Erich, including his interview, so we are working on the video now. It's not very easy because the material requires German-English translation.

Wow thats nice. Looking forward to these watching these videos. I can imagine comming from the real thing to a sim its kinda weird to experience the same feelings without the speed and stress of real life situations.

If you still have contact with him can you ask him the questions i posted on the bottom of the first post and is ED planning on making his FW190D9 Livery?

g8PjVMw.png

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ED Team
Wow thats nice. Looking forward to these watching these videos. I can imagine comming from the real thing to a sim its kinda weird to experience the same feelings without the speed and stress of real life situations.

If you still have contact with him can you ask him the questions i posted on the bottom of the first post and is ED planning on making his FW190D9 Livery?

The work has begun.

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

In July we had an opportunity to show Erich DCS and Dora, he flew it a lot. He said that he feels lack of acceleration information to say exactly if the model is absolutely correct but he flew DCS Dora very professional regardless of the fact that it was his first time in simming. Views management was something that confused him... 180 deg half-dome would be better for him :)

And the last issue was our game controllers... very light centering plays its role.

Anyway, then I began to fly and ask if some flight modes are right or not. It was the most fruitful part of our conversation because I got some priceless hints how to fly it or what MP was typical for a final approach, etc, etc.

We have a lot of raw video with Erich, including his interview, so we are working on the video now. It's not very easy because the material requires German-English translation.

Great story. Looking forward to that! :thumbup:

I'd be interested in this too and am looking forward to seeing the interview.

I met Macademic, Dimitri and Erich at the Eagle and it was really interesting to listen to Erich's anecdotes about his time serving in the Luftwaffe.

My favourite story of his was about his watch. He still wears his original Pilot's watch from WW2 which keeps perfect time. The funny part was when he mentioned that due to the fact it's 'pressure' proof (having to work at altitude) he also used to wear it when swimming. He realises now that it's a pretty unique piece of equipment and said "so no more wearing it while swimming!"

Sadly I was due to meet the trio again at the Flying Legends Airshow on the Saturday but their schedule and mine just didn't match up, so that was the only meeting I had with the guys.

I also asked Dimitri to remove the antenna on the underside of the fuselage and also the second antenna on the back of the P-51 (as-well as the squiggly one on the tail), to make it more WW2 authentic on Europe 1944.........crossing my fingers it happens :)

Cheers, MP

Are you doing subtitles or dubbing? I hoping subs so I can listen to the original German. Either way, this sounds great!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agree! Dubbing is the worst invention ever! Subtitles ftw!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

Maybe some guys from the community can help with the translations? Well, there should be some german native speakers with sufficient english skills in here?

I can offer to help, but it depends a bit on the timeline, but I would give it a try. :thumbup:

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I know there are quite a lot of us who speak english fairly well so that should not be a problem. I would be willing to help as well

Edited by Derbysieger

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X | Mobo: Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro | RAM: 64GB DDR4 3600 G.Skill TridentZ | GPU: Palit RTX3080 Ti 12GB | SSDs: 2xSabrent Rocket 1TB M.2 | Samsung Pro 256GB | Samsung EVO 850 500GB | Samsung QVO 1TB 

Peripherals: Warthog HOTAS | TrackIR 5 | MFG Crosswinds | 3xTM Cougar MFDs | HP Reverb G2

The paintscheme of Erich Brunotte's airplane appears to be very similar to this one. Some more pictures here.

MAC

a_Focke-Wulf_Fw_190_D9.jpg

Interesting. Like his drawing. And from the information? You said Erich? I'm myself looking for this aircraft information. It is interesting to know the serial number of its aircraft. To further investigate its color.

"Screw you guys, i'm going home."

Found something interesting about White 11 today.

Jagdgeschwader 51 'Molders' page 117

It appears that the mistery pilot in page 1 is Heinz Marquardt.

3R8mtNj.jpg

Nice find! Erich Brunotte and Heinz Marquardt were good friends, Erich often flew as his wingman. It would be interesting to know if he remembers this incident. But as for the previous picture, the pilot on it to me doesn't look like Marquardt. Also, I'm not so sure that the Weisse 11 was exclusively assigned to one pilot. Erich Brunotte flew quite a few Weisse, for example the 3,5 and 6 (and a few more, can't remember now).

MAC

And this was the pilot of white 11

xq7rw27.jpg

The site where i found the picture of this pilot didnt know who he was.

Pilot in this picture is Fw. Helmut Heinze according to Jerry Crandall's Dora book vol 1.

Also, Marquardts plane in accident was actually "white 13".

Edited by DB 605

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Erich recalls this accident, on that day Marquardt and he did a repositioning flight from Neulübke to Rechlin according to his logbook. However the accident happened later that day and he wasn't there when it happened.

By the way, Erich got printouts of this thread together with a translated summary of comments (he doesn't use the internet himself) from a friend and he's very happy with the interest and the idea to dedicate a livery to him :)

MAC

Erich recalls this accident, on that day Marquardt and he did a repositioning flight from Neulübke to Rechlin according to his logbook. However the accident happened later that day and he wasn't there when it happened.

By the way, Erich got printouts of this thread together with a translated summary of comments (he doesn't use the internet himself) from a friend and he's very happy with the interest and the idea to dedicate a livery to him :)

MAC

Thats nice to hear :) Btw are you in direct contact with him or are you related somehow?>

g8PjVMw.png

Yes we're in direct contact, but we're not related. We got to know each other this summer when Yo-Yo and I went to Germany to meet him, and were also in Duxford together. There will be more on this when Yo-Yo's documentary is ready. It was all really very interesting.

I was quite amazed how well he knew about this thread when I spoke to him and wanted to answer the questions that were asked here.

In case there are more questions coming up here I can pass them on (within reason).

MAC

Yes we're in direct contact, but we're not related. We got to know each other this summer when Yo-Yo and I went to Germany to meet him, and were also in Duxford together. There will be more on this when Yo-Yo's documentary is ready. It was all really very interesting.

I was quite amazed how well he knew about this thread when I spoke to him and wanted to answer the questions that were asked here.

In case there are more questions coming up here I can pass them on (within reason).

MAC

Wow thats very nice. Excited to see the documentary :)

Could you ask him when he used the Radiator Flaps manually on the Dora? The radiator flaps are a bit unclear to me as they are right now.

g8PjVMw.png

Erich could not only give detailed answers to Yo-Yo's questions from his excellent memory, but was also in possession of a copy of the original D-9 pilot's operating manual, which he made available for the development of the DCS Dora (an otherwise completely unobtainable document).

I'm sure you'll find a lot of this information incorporated into future versions of the DCS FW190-D9 manual, as far as I know ED is working on it.

MAC