Night time After Burner!

mytai01

The afterburner effect still needs a lot of work to look convincing at night...It is still way too dim and disappointing...It probably needs to be longer as well...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Yeah the lighting system is close to unexistent in DCS. Tey have a beautiful world, but lights is the HUGE weakness of that engine.

Good points, but night is... Night, and at least it's appropriately dark :)

The lighting in DCS is just gorgeous at dawn and at dusk--it really brings out the very best in the scenery, aircraft, and everything in general. For whatever reason, it's awfully un-convincing during most of the day, when all the scenery just looks cartoonish and "cardboard", but the aircraft are still pretty good.

I don't know how to describe it, and I'm certainly clueless about what has to be done to fix it! But, the daytime lighting has a long way to go. So, I just fly at dawn or dusk, when everything looks awesome and I avoid the "plastic/cardboard scenery effect" :)

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

The only aspect of night that even remotely feels right is under a fully risen full moon. I have to admit I was pleasantly surprised flying in such conditions over the Nevada desert because I could actually make out terrain features and the moonlight even cast shadows in the cockpit...

HOWEVER, you still couldn't see the LV Strip until you were about five miles from Nellis. Point light sources that should be seen for miles and which should illuminate objects and cast shadows as well (eg the light poles along the Golf Revetments) still don't function as they should.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com