No save game function frustrating for busy DCS fans

The current track system is simply limited because legacy system.

It can be redesigned to have a simple cache system that will continually store all the states of the triggers etc from the mission starting time and the order in the trigger checksheet. If there are triggers that gets checked once a second, then nothing really changes, the last state is stored. If there are triggers that are once triggered, their state is stored.

Every unit ammunition etc is stored too. So example SAM doesn't get refilled after loading or stay empty if middle of the reload when saving.

It literally is dumping the state of the mission in RAM to one cached file, that is then called as save file.

And that can be done multiple times, so one can save the game like 5 times and have a current save and then last 4 saves, so if one wants to go back in time (this was first time implemented in Half-Life 1998, before that (and commonly after that) a quick save was always overwriting previous save, but Half-Life offered a two quick save slots automatically, so if you accidentally saved game in bad position or timing, you could manually revert to previous quick save.

While I do agree for many that 45+ min missions can be impossible for many, there is as well just the mission idea that you are up in the air that 2 hours and fighting against aircraft economics limitations etc. But that immersion breaking to save game and continue week later is their own cross to carry, and shouldn't be reason not to have a Save functionality.

As well all such triggers as counter measurements etc should be saved to Track files. There really is no such reason that missile rolling a dice does it draw attention to Chaff/Flare or not, be saved to track file. Example, if the missile is launched and it flies 7 seconds until it spots a flare and it draws missile in, then in the track file it should stored the missile flight path, flare flight path and simply deny missile CM rolling until 7 seconds when it is simply adjusted that missile is locked on that specific flare, without doing it rolling a dice.

So Track should not have such random dice rolling events enabled, but actually save the linear history up to point it was stopped recording.

And it is actually very odd that all the random events are still replayed in the track, instead stored the linear action time, like example TacView does. You can literally scroll the timeline through and through and nothing gets simulated, only played back.

And could now already realise, a TacView does it already, why can't the DCS itself do it? Meaning, no need to even change the current trigger etc system, just implement a new one that records external file and then that file is imported to DCS to continue the mission file from that state. That is the hardest part really, import and reset the game to given moment from new track.

And while such new track system would be written. Then how about using that to train the AI or yourself? Copy the idea from the driving games of the "Ghost" cars that game records of you. And then you can load that ghost to drive against it to beat yourself.

But this time it is you flying, you could train to fly against your own maneuvers etc. And do not limit to one ghost, as you could even do own movies where you fly as a 5 wing acrobatics, alone.

And then make it even better. Let there be a "REC/REPLAY" function that will save a maneuvers, that can be set for AI to try follow. Meaning that if you perform a loop, then you can record it from the start and from the end and set AI to perform that at given time or position as much as it can by limitations of the AI flight modeling conditions. So if they are higher or lower altitude, the loop idea is there but it is different. If you want to AI perform a specific maneuver you can record it (roll, attitude etc) that AI try to follow. So you can make a AI flight to perform two horizontal "snake turns" while closing you to throw your radar track off. And get the the AI to perform that maneuver just as a trigger.

Edited by Fri13

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Haven't tested myself... but as a workaround have you try simple Windows sleep or hibernation? Just pause the SP game and put the system to sleep/hibernation. Then you should quickly load the system in the exact state you left it - unpause and go on.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

Thats what i tried, but i have all sorts of gadgets and utils/apps:

trackir

voiceattak

touch control app for exporting mfds to ipad

tm warthog , and after hybernation almost always something crashes..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

While I do agree for many that 45+ min missions can be impossible for many, there is as well just the mission idea that you are up in the air that 2 hours and fighting against aircraft economics limitations etc. But that immersion breaking to save game and continue week later is their own cross to carry, and shouldn't be reason not to have a Save functionality.

That's something that Baltic Dragon takes into consideration to apply:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3818884&postcount=7

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria