[REPORTED] Fw 190 Cockpit Bar! (answer Post #173)

Krupi

I agree, the room in the 190 cockpit is very limited in terms of vertical height, but I can't help thinking that as the pilots head moved around.....like they do, it was possible that at certain times the 'bar' could have just slightly obstructed the bottom portion of the sight aperture, and this would have been more apparent when the viewpoint was highest....like when the pilot was at a stretch to look over the nose for that deflection shot.

First pic is from the "original" FW 190 D-9 spare parts list (October 1944)

Second pic is a production drawing from the Bremen factory for the A-8.

Look at the drawing number and you will see, that the drawing of the frame has the same number >> same part by FW 190 A-8 and D-9.

But that doesn't take into account the optical distortion of what you realy would see.:music_whistling:

Interesting info Kodos about the same part numbers.... more grist to the Mill :)

OK You have to see how the Gun sight is actually attached to the dashboard frame because normally it's quite high and pretty much in the middle of a windshield.. So it maybe possible that the gun sight was higher than the actual drawing which is often the case.

Fly it like you stole it..

• 2 weeks later...
  • ED Team
have a look at this video:

there can be no pictures/movies better than this to actually see how it should look like from inside 190's cockpit :)

... if the pilot has his eye over his head. :)

Ніщо так сильно не ранить мозок, як уламки скла від розбитих рожевих окулярів

There is nothing so hurtful for the brain as splinters of broken rose-coloured spectacles.

Ничто так сильно не ранит мозг, как осколки стекла от разбитых розовых очков (С) Me

• ED Team
Camera is clearly almost touching the upper cockpit glass so how

is the posted video and pic relevant anyway for cockpit bar visibility discussion? :)

This video footage is excellent ! :thumbup: just not exactly bar related .

~S!~ HG

Actually the discussion is over anyways... its just lingering now....

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

^^^ The cockpit textures could use some work, otherwise not bad! :D

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

how could this video not be relevant? even if it's clear that the camera is mounted atop pilot's helmet, the pilot is constantly changing his head's position during the movie, so you'll find plenty of position relevant moments.

And even if the FW190A and FW190D didn't had the same nose, I'm sure the windshield's and the bottom front part of cockpit's mounts with the fuselage are almost the same, if not perfectly identical.

IvanK's still is almost the perfect spot for pilot's eye-gunsight alignment position.

how could this video not be relevant? even if it's clear that the camera is mounted atop pilot's helmet, the pilot is constantly changing his head's position during the movie, so you'll find plenty of position relevant moments.

And even if the FW190A and FW190D didn't had the same nose, I'm sure the windshield's and the bottom front part of cockpit's mounts with the fuselage are almost the same, if not perfectly identical.

IvanK's still is almost the perfect spot for pilot's eye-gunsight alignment position.

but at no time can he lower the camera's eye...he would need to slouch in his seat to bring the camera to true eye level, and that s not possible.

BarinA5small_zps823aad2e.jpg

that would be the view of a very tall pilot, even if the camera is mounted on his far head (unlikely), its still high. I'm sure the Germans had a height limitation on pilots, may not be easy to find :)

Edited by GT 5.0

The original drawing clearly shows that no bar is in the view.

The quality of the image is low on purpose but you can see

that the hinges and mounting of armoured windshield is on level

with the cowling. This is the Ta152 but there is no difference

in the construction drawings of the 190, 190D and Ta152.

And this is the only image of the drawings I will post. And to me

the drawings are conclusive that every model that has a bar in the

view from the pilot are wrong! The drawing is a copy from 1943.

TA152_zpsaa682e4d.png

Ta152cockpitoriginaldrawing1943_zps0381c1b3.png

Edited by hakjar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb

Well all I can see is that there is an even bigger black bar obstructing the bottom of the sight apperture in the real thing, anybody got a low res drawing and a strong opinion to prove it wrong?

You surprise me Bongo, you always have posted common sense in the past...how many inches would you guess the camera is above the pilots line of sight?

In this particular screen grab I'd say the camera has come down to natural eye line because the pilot has dipped his head momentarily, let's face it, if the eye point became any lower than the screen grab shows then forward visibility will be even more compromised.

Edited by bongodriver

In this particular screen grab I'd say the camera has come down to natural eye line because the pilot has dipped his head momentarily, let's face it, if the eye point became any lower than the screen grab shows then forward visibility will be even more compromised.

the pilot would need to slouch in his seat...not possible