[REPORTED] Wonky CCIP bomb fall line (retarded bombs)

Cyborg71

Anyone experiencing this? I've been using Ready on the Ramp missions to jump into quick weapons practice sessions.

Load up take off, land & re-arm with something else, go again.

Last night, having used Mavericks, I rearmed with Snakeyes and took off. During wings level bombing runs the CCIP fall line was not vertical in the HUD. It was offset from the vertical by (estimate) 25 - 30 degrees. Thus running from centre of the HUD to bottom left or right.

Is this a bug?. Is it a crazy wind offset bombing calculation? Fuzing and bomb set ups correct as per Wags vids.

Wags made a video a few days ago to demonstrate the fixes to CCIP bombing and managed to land the bombs on target so in the exact way he did it, it should work. Is it possible you missed something when setting it up? For the record I kinda have the same issues and can't land the bombs OT. Right now I'm chalking it up to "practice practice practice"

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

I've had this issue too, but on the previous version of open beta (before retarded bombs became dud at low level).

Initially I thought it was from wind (was set to 20kt), but the bombs miss completely when you use the CCIP cross when it has this skewed drop line. And light wind should have almost no effect when dropping at 500 knots from 500 ft.

i have made the same experiences ...

after i set all winds to 0kn in the ME the HUD line was vertical ...

but i saw another thing ...

if you change the drag from RET to FF nothing had happened to the pipper ...

i thougth a FF SnakeEye is a normal mk82 and i would suggest that the fall line would be different

i will create some pictures at evening ...

too much ...